• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Shadow of War' Developer Promises a Massive Expansion to Middle-Earth

ISee

So far all I am seeing is a massive expansion in microtransactions which doesn't make me happy.

Since its all SP though, is it theoretically possible to unlock it all with a trainer on a PC?

No idea, but I remember playing around with the in memory data of Deus ex mankind devided and being able to easily manipluate skillpoints. Something Square was asking money for in the form of dlc.
The difference is: lootboxes are a mayor part of Shadow of wars design, especially for ranked MP. I think the data will be present on servers, but we will see.

Thabian

What about Overwatch?

To me Overwatch gets more of a pass for a few reasons.

1. It only costs $40 (On PC at least)

2. All additional content is free, free heroes, free maps, no paid dlc or expansions

3. It's all cosmetics, no gameplay benefits can be gained by opening loot boxes.

When in the world do fucking loot boxes equal microtransactions?

Loot boxes are 100% gambling and should be regulated.

If Warner Brothers wanted to sell you Stinky the Legendary Orc to help you get quickly through the game they could stick him in the store for 99 cents and everyone who wanted him could buy him. Stinky fans are happy, Warner get their money so they don't fall instantly into bankruptcy for making us a game outta the goodness of their hearts and everyone who wants to can ignore it.

Except they don't do they. Warner knows they make even more money by exploiting Stinky fans in handing over multiple 99 cents for a chance to get Stinky. Fucking greedy shits.

So fucking stop trying to defend loot boxes you pathetic stans and shills. There are better ways to support your favourite developers than acquiescing to the evils of gambling and greed that are loot boxes.

And complaining does nothing? We have Microsoft only today changing the Forza VIP pass because of consumer pressure.

Oops, the reviews are all very positive and the loot boxes have universally been reported as basically inconsequential. It's a sad day for prejudicial GAF.

Oops, the reviews are all very positive and the loot boxes have universally been reported as basically inconsequential. It's a sad day for prejudicial GAF.

All those reviewers are paid you know. And the game is just a glorified slot machine now.

Am I doing this right?

Foffy

Banned
I mean, sure it's weird. If you ignored the threads about the always online, the spider boobs and the loot boxes. Everyone sure as shit didn't want those.

An always online single player game with microtransaction lootboxes?

If God were real, this should be WB's biggest loss for the year. But it won't be. :(

Top Bottom