• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow Warrior 2 PC Performance Thread

Orpheum

Since the console versions will take some time i'm considering picking it up on PC...

I have a GTX 770 (2GB), i74770k @3.5 gHZ and 16gb ram...don't know how that'll hold up and if it's possible to hit a stable 60fps with it

...i need to upgrade next year

excellent idea do apply this to non VR games. specially on the conservative setting, it's not that noticeable, so this could really help people with lesser cards.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I went ahead and bought it (even though I'm concerned about its potential quality) mainly because I'm dying to try a PC game with HDR. Curse me!

I went ahead and bought it (even though I'm concerned about its potential quality) mainly because I'm dying to try a PC game with HDR. Curse me!

View the game for its moment to moment combat vs. its overarching structure, and maybe you will come to like it. I know you, like I do, prefer a more tailored SP experience rather. But, surprise ourselfves I say!

Easy_D

never left the stone age
sw2_proz.png

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD :)

80fps on minimum is nice to see on i5 2500k ;p

Ps. I need to install that freaking 6800k already though ;p

Oooh, minimum of 63 FPS on max with the FX6300 makes me a very happy man, should have no issue finding the sweetspot for my 280X then when I eventually get this. Shit I think the original might dip below 60 in some parts so that's some fantastic optimization work done on their part. Granted I might be misremembering the performance of the first one, since they did release a patch later on that improved things a lot.

Profanity

Boy this game sure is a looker, some really nice resolution textures for the most part as well!

6700K @ 4.6
Palit 1080 GTX 2000/5557
16GB 2666 Mhz RAM

Seems to be keeping at 95/100+ FPS at 1440p Ultra during the prologue areas, with the Multi-Res Shading off. Conservative seems to add about 10%, aggresive 20%, about in line with the article. Very impressively looking and runs like a dream.

Edit: Also I'm usually pretty neutral about CA, but I can see why a lot of people hate it. If anything though in SW2 it actually adds a lot to the scene, complimenting the hazy, mystical, twisted-Earth kind of setting.

bee

the performance improvement at 4k by using multi res shading is no joke! runs incredibly well, gonna co-op it all night after pizza

Vipu

Banned
Since the console versions will take some time i'm considering picking it up on PC...

I have a GTX 770 (2GB), i74770k @3.5 gHZ and 16gb ram...don't know how that'll hold up and if it's possible to hit a stable 60fps with it

Get new gpu, oc that cpu to 4ghz+ and that pc will be monster for long time.

Orpheum

Get new gpu, oc that cpu to 4ghz+ and that pc will be monster for long time.

Yes, that's what i planned to do...maybe get a 1070 or 1080 and then be content with it^^ i built the pc back in the day, but honestly i have no idea how to overclock...i don't have that much pc experience

I'm glad that you can disable the damage counter. I really love this game so far. I love melee, but I also don't mind using guns as well. This game makes you feel like a badass.

That's a beast cpu, like other comment oc that thing and get a 1070, you'll be golden.

low-G

I'm playing at 1080p, maxed out, and at 130% resolution scaling and getting 60fps without drops on my 1070 (also i5-6600 at 4.3GHz)

I saw frequent drops below 60fps at 150% resolution scale, so I just put it back to 130 even though I could probably finetune that.

BNGames

Just ran some early benchmark tests, smooth as butter

Link: https://youtu.be/o9sP3vD6o78

PC Specs:
COOLER MASTER HAF X Blue Edition
COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series RS800-80GAD3-US 800W
Corsair h80i v2 Liquid Cooler
Intel Core i7-6700k 4GHz (Overclocked to 4.5GHz)
ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 8GB (Overclocked to 2.1GHz)
ASRock Z170 Pro4S LGA 1151 Intel Z170
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000)
Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"
SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE120BW 2.5" 120GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
SAMSUNG 850 Pro Series MZ-7KE512BW 2.5" 512GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

wrYXe0ml.jpg

PnCIa

I am impressed. A lot actually. It looks great and it runs fantastic on my 970.
Flying Wild Hog is small compared to others, so kudos to them caring for PC gamers! :D

scitek

So how does the HDR look then, good implementation?

If it looks good I may be tempted to pick this up.

Some comparison pics I posted in another thread. These are off-screen with ambient light in the room, but it shows added color and dynamic range (whites clipped with HDR off have detail with it on, etc.)

OFF
1off04yxi.png

ON
1onqbz6j.png

OFF
2offxxx5q.png

ON
2on4hycb.png

OFF
3offuobue.png

ON
3onscabj.png

Waikis

Some comparison pics I posted in another thread. These are off-screen with ambient light in the room, but it shows added color and dynamic range (whites clipped with HDR off have detail with it on, etc.)

What's your setup? Does nvidia have any strict requirement on hdr output? Eg. it has to be 4k 444 10bit.

scitek

What's your setup? Does nvidia have any strict requirement on hdr output? Eg. it has to be 4k 444 10bit.

I'm using a Vizio P50-C1 (HDMI directly from my GTX 1080), and I have it set to 4:4:4 chroma (at 4K, I believe it's only 8-bit) at all times. HDR worked at various resolutions from 1080p to 1800p all the way to 4K.

Waikis

I'm using a Vizio P50-C1 (HDMI directly from my GTX 1080), and I have it set to 4:4:4 chroma (at 4K, I believe it's only 8-bit) at all times. HDR worked at various resolutions from 1080p to 1800p all the way to 4K.

Sweet, my pj maxes out 4k60 420 8 bit. Hopefully hdr will work.

dsk1210

Could you test 1080p at 12 bit colour?

You should be able to select that when you drop the resolution in the Nvidia control panel.

Vipu

Banned
Yes, that's what i planned to do...maybe get a 1070 or 1080 and then be content with it^^ i built the pc back in the day, but honestly i have no idea how to overclock...i don't have that much pc experience

Its easy, just google few guides from google.

KKRT00

Yeah, game is not really greatly optimized, at least not in coop.
I got several times drops to like 10-15 fps and frequent to 40 fps, with staying at 50-60 almost most of the time.

Is there any broken setting? I'm running mostly High with Med Shadows and MRS on 1440p.

Profanity

I got several times drops to like 10-15 fps and frequent to 40 fps, with staying at 50-60 almost most of the time.

Is there any broken setting? I'm running mostly High with Med Shadows and MRS on 1440p.

... Specs? You can't just post that and expect us to guess what you have. Although from your history it seems you have a 2500K.

Have yet to try co-op. But the lowest FPS I saw so far was around 80 I think, and it was definitely CPU bottleneck on my rig.

Core i7 930 @ 4.2 Ghz

Here's the lowdown on NVIDIA Multi-Res Shading for desktops and laptops: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/shadow-warrior-2-nvidia-multi-res-shading

This is really awesome. It could end up being a real game changer if it's widely available and the IQ hit isn't bad for big performance gains. I haven't tried it myself but the comparison shots are pretty encouraging.

This could be one of those features that makes older hardware last longer as far as running newer games at good framerates and settings, similar to G-Sync. It deserves it's own thread!

bee

multi res was certainly doing it's thing in single player last night but i didn't test that much but as soon as i enabled it in co-op my fps went to shit, drops to 30 everywhere, went back to native 4k and was much better again

had one driver crash (in 4 hours) and the frame pacing went a bit weird a when a friend de-synced (fixed by restarting game) other than that it runs extremely well

Top Bottom