• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowgate Kickstarter

Yeah, they're just being abnormally honest about exactly what's being done, and delays are to be expected given it's the first proper video game Marsh has released in over a decade.

inm8num2

Beta period has begun!

Beta

I know we are late with this update but it's been a bit crazy here at Zojoi. Two weeks ago we launched a soft-beta of the game and had a small number of testers beat on it - primarily finding 'blocker' bugs so that when we let more folks in, the game would be pretty darn stable.

Well, after 7 updates and tons of fixes, we're ready to move into full-blown beta. For those of you who pledged the Novice level and up and signed up for the beta (as well as those who bought the Hero tier on the Zojoi website), the wait is over. You will be receiving an email from us in a little bit outlining how to get into the beta.

Game launch

Our plan is to be in beta for eight weeks, squashing bugs and polishing the game before finally releasing the beast. After that, we will send out the final rewards to those who have been waiting so long.

We will keep you up to date on where we are at and how things are going over the next two months and, as always, we are very grateful for your support!

Sounds like a late August or September release. Sweet!

PKrockin

I'm kind of surprised I exercised good judgment picking this as the one kickstarter I contribute to. I've become pretty cynical when it comes to kickstarters. Now hopefully it's good.

inm8num2

I'm kind of surprised I exercised good judgment picking this as the one kickstarter I contribute to. I've become pretty cynical when it comes to kickstarters. Now hopefully it's good.

I didn't pledge to many, but this one has been possibly the smoothest ride. I think the game is really going to surprise people.

inm8num2

Aw, I just realized this thread was dumped into the gaming community subforum.

When they do an official release trailer and date announcement I guess there will be a new thread in gaming discussion.

~Kinggi~

Banned
You know, im actually looking forward to this. Shadowgate NES was the shit, and for some reason i was hyped as fuck for Shadowgate 64 when it came out and actually wasnt disappointed.

Anyway i almost backed this but didnt at the time. Will definitely buy depending on sales etc. I just really like point and click games with atmosphere.

Also, anyone know how big the game is? How many screens are there? In the quicklook they maybe saw 10 screens or so?

cj_iwakura

First, this is a big month for us. Shadowgate will launch on August 21st! It’s been a long journey and we are excited to bring this re-imagined game to the masses and want to update you on how the distribution of the game will work for you, our very important backers.

When we set up our Kickstarter, it was undetermined at that time if we would launch on Steam. Now that we have been greenlit and are launching on Steam, it gives us the opportunity to offer an alternative download format to you. So on August 21st, you can go into your Humble store account and see two download options: a DRM-free version of the game (as promised) OR a Steam version of the game including full Steam integration (achievements, steam trading cards and automatic updates). DRM-free users will get both Mac and PC builds but will need to manually updated when patches become available. Please be careful in your choice since the unchosen version will be locked. The only difference between the Steam version and the DRM-free version is the aforementioned Steam features (i.e. stat tracking, Steam achievements.) Anyway, we wanted to be sure that we are transparent and up-front with you, our faithful backers. who have supported Shadowgate through the last few years!

Can't wait. :D

Bears repeating: would anyone care to help with the OT? It would go up next week.

Teppic

They're letting us choose? Oh, how generous of them! It's not like we helped you get the game through greenlight or anything.

And what do they reply when people are disappointed with this news?

Well, although we promised one DRM-free copy of the game, we decided to give backers an extra for free - so if you had both a PC and Mac you wouldn't have to choose between them. Compared to a Steam key, this second copy was consistently requested and we thought it would be neat to give it to you guys as well

They're giving us an extra copy of the game! a Mac copy! Their generosity knows no bound!

Wow... I didn't even know this was a thing. I have fond memories of playing this on the NES. I remember being blown away because I had never seen or played a point and clicker before and it definitely expanded my realization of what a video game could be. Will definitely check it out!

This was a long wait but it was all very understandable, and my goodness does this look like it will be worth it. My friend is actually looking forward to this more than I am.

New update up.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zojoi/shadowgate/posts/959116

Box looking nice.

fmYo7fq.jpg

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
Game is out! EPOR does nothing! Navigating seems a bit clunky, but seems pretty rad otherwise

cj_iwakura

Last minute, but if anyone wants to help me get the logo onto the banner I have picked out, it'd be awesome. PM away.

Hmm, the trailer may have me covered. I'll post it for thoughts in a few.

inm8num2

It seems like the red doesn't contrast well on the brownish background. Something like gold or even white could work better. I guess it depends on if you used red text for some other custom images in the OT. Leaving it out altogether would be fine, too.

Was there anything you need for links, videos, etc.?

cj_iwakura

It seems like the red doesn't contrast well on the brownish background. Something like gold or even white could work better. I guess it depends on if you used red text for some other custom images in the OT. Leaving it out altogether would be fine, too.

Was there anything you need for links, videos, etc.?

It's done now. I think it works.

Top Bottom