• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shaming Rapists in private Facebook groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'm sorry that people make horrible analogies.
It's not a perfect analogy but it's not horrible.

Being accused of being a rip-off is certainly not a trivial thing and can ruin your reputation, especially in trading circles.

It's certainly lost on me. One is a stigma, the other really isn't.
There's no stigma against being a rip-off where you live? Okay...

Gossip culture is an ugly thing, whether it's a small town or social media.
So what are you saying exactly? That Media should shut up about her rape, or not?

It's not a perfect analogy but it's not horrible.

Being accused of being a rip-off is certainly not a trivial thing and can ruin your reputation, especially in trading circles.

There's no stigma against being a rip-off where you live? Okay...

So what are you saying exactly? That Media should shut up about her rape, or not?

Seriously I can't be the only guy In here who is more worried about being accused of not paying back the money I borrowed then I am of being accused of a false rape allegation

KingV

There's hard data on the everywhere and has been linked several times on the thread.

There's really two main studies that people cite over and over again. One found 2% and one 7%, but they are also measuring slightly different things.

False reporting is a difficult number to measure. The Enliven Project uses 2 percent of “falsely accused” cases, out of the 100 reported cases of rape. There is an important distinction that must be made here, between accusations and reports. “Accusations” may refer to claims that were not made in official police reports, whereas “reports” generally refer to cases that were filed with law enforcement.

That, again, seems to be the lower end of the estimate range. The “Making a Difference” Project, which used data collected by law enforcement agencies over 18 to 24 months, found 7 percent of cases that were classified as false. That study is the “only research conducted in the U.S. to evaluate the percentage of false reports made to law enforcement,” according to the National Center for the Prosecution of Violence Against Women. Other studies also estimate somewhere between 2 and 10 percen

Source:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ic-on-rape-statistics/?utm_term=.786a636ed77b

Royce McCutcheon

While I agree with more official channels being set up, I must ask how do you make a website or system that bypasses the issue people seem to have with this, which is the very act of naming a man who has raped a woman yet either hasn't been tried in a court of law or has been found innocent regardless? The issue is the public naming at all.

I wonder if it can be an anonymous report, you can name the city, town, school, etc. Leave out names and pictures. If I was going to a club I've never been to before and a friend said "Be careful out there, they're crazy at ______." I'll be more alert, possibly take some legal protection with me. It has to be a better way that doesn't involve wicth hunting, wether they innocent or guilty. There's street justice of course, but no one will suggest that. That's what I usually see when it comes to rape accusations in the black community. I've seen a sister drag her brothers to the rape accuser, point him out, the man deny it, and get stomped out by 5 dudes. There's just no perfect way of doing this.

Tawpgun

Honestly the more I look at this case the more I think we should be focusing our energy on the Police for gross incompetence.

I fall into this trap in threads like this too because I think there's too many people that would rather switch the rules in our legal system so its guilty until proven innocent. I mean there are people in this thread that said they would volunteer to be guilty until proven innocent. That's generally why I chime in and say that's stupid.

But if we take THIS case into particular this much is clear.

1. The police are either idiots or purposely botched the case. They need to be held accountable

2. Ingram going PUBLIC with her accusers info was because the police grossly failed her. It's still not a smart move and she shouldn't have done it, but I can see why she did it.

3. The police, now that medical records exist and another victim came forward, should start building a case. (I have no idea what the legal implications are of a victim coming forward because Ingram publically outed him are, I think it just gives ammo to the rapists defense.)

Media

Gossip culture is an ugly thing, whether it's a small town or social media.

Jesus Christ.

You guys, who will never be raped, are telling actual rape victims in this thread to shut the fuck up because some poor hypothetical person might get false accusations.

Again, I reported at 13. My rapist didn't have his life ruined. Even though he raped me more than once. Even though he was a god damned 50 year old man. Everyone stood up for him. No one believed me. He copped a plea for probation. Again, this is someone who raped a child for years. Had I put up a flyer saying "Don't let him watch your children." I'd be asshole.

Once again, even on progressive gaf, rape is the only thing where the kneejerk reaction is "Well, she's lying." or some other bullshit.

And then people ask why we don't fucking report.

Chococat

Yes. If you lived in a small town, why would you tell the internet anyway. Tell you friends who likely know the dude. You're seeking justice correct? Or prevention?

Because there is a likelihood that the small town you live in will side with the rapist and drive the victim out. Reaching out online get one's story out there and opens up resource for women to get help.

subrock

I had a weird experience with this once. I posted that I wanted to check out a new local restaurant and got several private messages right after saying “don’t go there the owner sexually assaulted someone in the bathroom at a pre-launch party”. Horrified I went to go look for information and their Facebook page and it had been brigaded by a bunch of people saying stuff like “I just heard what happened here and you should be ashamed”. The most recent post was the most interesting though because it was a friend of the alleged victim saying that she talked to her friend and it wasn’t actually the place, it was next door and the guy didn’t actually work at the place and the place was dealing with it in a very serious manner.

Basically it was mistaken identity, and the critical mass to start the rumour was formed in a private group where battle plans were laid. I can understand the desire to get revenge, but I feel like there were probably a few steps of due diligence to be done before trying to warn others.

Pandy

If it's a false accusation the guy can seek redress through the legal system, if it isn't a false accusation what the fuck do we have to discuss other than how shitty the policing is that led her to this point.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
False rape accusations happen at the same percentage as any other crime, and that's only a percentage out of the rapes that are actually reported, not the ones that happen and are never reported.

But for some reason people are REALLY worried about false rape accusations.

I think the reasoning comes from two factors

- There's a good segment of the population that believe rape is the worst possible crime a human can commit (I've seen some say its worse that murder). Being accused of the worst possible crime a human can commit cannot be a pleasant experience.

- Situations of rape are ripe for misunderstandings and misremembered details as the acts involved often occur in private and with one or both parties somehow intoxicated. This leads to situations where the offending party might not believe they will be accused of rape until after the fact, in some cases we'll after. The same cannot as easily be said about robbery where the evidence of a physical object being missing/in the possession of another is enough.

I assume batteries are also more often reported/tried as its easier to see the evidence of an assault and assume that the injuries that resulted were no consensual, whereas the injuries of rape are not so outwardly evident and can easily be considered part of a consensual act.

Clockwork

If it's a false accusation the guy can seek redress through the legal system, if it isn't a false accusation what the fuck do we have to discuss other than how shitty the policing is that led her to this point.

There is little redress in changing public opinion once an accusation of rape is presented.

Snarky❤;245294413 said:
Im bigendered and biologically male.
Im male. I'm at least a little scared of a rape accusation if I'm being honest. Which is ridiculous given how little rape is reported though. Im also against internet mobs and this seems like it could backfire. If the system is this effed though...I really don't know what to do.
:[
Why not have a site for rape victims? So they can report the crime to other women not on a site like Facebook or Twitter? I honestly believe if public shaming catches on someone will just pass a law against it.

Shit, I can't do the research right now but this exist already doesn't it?

Im male. I'm at least a little scared of a rape accusation if I'm being honest. Which is ridiculous given how little rape is reported though. Im also against internet mobs and this seems like it could backfire. If the system is this effed though...I really don't know what to do.
:[
Why not have a site for rape victims? So they can report the crime to other women not on a site like Facebook or Twitter? I honestly believe if public shaming catches on someone will just pass a law against it.

Shit, I can't do the research right now but this exist already doesn't it?

I mean what are you asking for really? I site where women can look up the names of Men to see if they've been accused of rape ?

mike6467

Snarky❤;245288149 said:
Are there any other biological males in this thread besides me who are willing to say that they are OK with taking the burden of the potential of false rape allegations if it means more women can get justice?

On the list of things I have to worry about a false rape allegation is extremely extremely extremely extremely low on the list

I went through this with a girl after breaking off a 2 year relationship. It would've destroyed my life if I hadn't held on to all the letters she sent me and if my Mom hadn't held on to several documents as well that proved she was lying. She threatened violence against me, my mother and my nieces. She forged letters from my dead step-father and created countless stories after I told her I was not open to reconciliation. Finally she threatened to spread all these lies to my coworkers, friends and family.

I had a memory box for that relationship, it's now an evidence box and it weighs about 30lbs. In the end I had more then enough to get a restraining order which finally ended the threat, but that was 6 months of absolute hell.

I have no problem with the private discussion of this. Actually having gone through this though, I think there has to be some alternative to throwing out the credibility of all who have been accused.

I do not know how to feel about this... I mean it is great to have such a group for people to talk about these things but at the same time this can backfire in a major way and ruin her life in court.
This would not fly in the US and she would face crippling debt and jail time.

Royce McCutcheon

I am seeking other people to not be raped, even though the justice department failed me as it often does in rape cases. Me telling my friends in a small town that Brian or whoever raped me means everyone will know by sundown and ruin Brian's life, according to gaf. Way more public than the internet. So I'm an asshole for warning my friends.

I mean, fuck them, that's real life. People try to see stuff from every prospective, but life is mostly a tiny bubble. If Brian did that shit and his life gets ruined, that's the outcome you'd want. Thinking "someone somewhere is getting falsely accused" does not change anything. I'm saying, the victim is free to do what she wants. What I don't want, is a system in place that could be used to abuse and imprison PoC. Any system involving the law seems to work against us, that's why I'm on the side of vigilante justice personally, but that's a different story.

Because there is a likelihood that the small town you live in will side with the rapist and drive the victim out. Reaching out online get one's story out there and opens up resource for women to get help.

Unless her story is going to get her rapist imprisoned, I'm not sure how it's any different. The issue here is someone was still named, would the woman remain anonymous in this situation?

I do not know how to feel about this... I mean it is great to have such a group for people to talk about these things but at the same time this can backfire in a major way and ruin her life in court.
This would not fly in the US and she would face crippling debt and jail time.

I mean it probably would fly in the US, considering we have some of the most lax free speech laws of any country in the world and very few accused rapists would actually want to sue anyone on the very likely chance that they did actually, you know, rape someone.

Stop assuming victims are lying!

I went through this with a girl after breaking off a 2 year relationship. It would've destroyed my life if I hadn't held on to all the letters she sent me and if my Mom hadn't held on to several documents as well that proved she was lying. She threatened violence against me, my mother and my nieces. She forged letters from my dead step-father and created countless stories after I told her I was not open to reconciliation. Finally she threatened to spread all these lies to my coworkers, friends and family.

I had a memory box for that relationship, it's now an evidence box and it weighs about 30lbs. In the end I had more then enough to get a restraining order which finally ended the threat, but that was 6 months of absolute hell.

I have no problem with the private discussion of this. Actually having gone through this though, I think there has to be some alternative to throwing out the credibility of all who have been accused.

So what is the alternative? A lot of guys in this thread just keep saying "THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER WAY" while women keep getting raped and rapists keep getting away with it

Pau

I guess this is a good a time to mention that there are various organizations such as End the Backlog and Every Kit Counts (RAIIN). If you're in the United States and can vote, I strongly urge you to write your representatives. And even if you aren't, there's always spreading the word. If you have time to post on NeoGAF about how dangerous mob justice is, you have time to write/tweet your representative or tell someone else about this.

Beefy

Tell me this:

What is the difference between her telling her story on Facebook and telling her story in a courtroom?

Her story would eventually make it's way to Facebook anyway, including this guys' friends and family's FB feeds had she stuck to just the court system and the police actually did their jobs.

Why do we need the police to actively be investigating something in order for it to be a real accusation? With that thinking, the attacker thinks he's innocent because he hasn't been charged with anything - even if he DID rape her as she said. Cops not investigating or prosecuting him = he's innocent and she's a liar? Fuck that. That is a broken system.

Are we trusting police officers to always be the final authority on law and justice or on what accusations are "worth" investigating?

Please. There are enough threads on Gaf everyday exposing the failure of police to know they are too selective with justice. Hell, they ignored this lady's complaints.

Since the cops ignored her, this is her only option. But hey, the police are more than welcome to actually DO THEIR JOB and to find the truth.

And this shit about her hospital records being permanently destroyed should be raising even more eyebrows to be honest. The fuck is going on there?

This lady is doing the right thing because the hospital and the police have failed to do their jobs.

Media

Rapists are should be give far longer sentences and made to do therapy.

The Maryville case didn't even get a conviction, even with video evidence, and eventually led to the sucicide of a victim. Can anyone honestly look at those links a wonder why we don't report, or say a false accusation is worse than rape?

But again, me telling a ton of people in real life is way more public than the internet. What if I lived in a small town and everyone knew the rapist? Would that make a difference?

It is more public and that in itself is a check on false accusations, you have publically in person made an accusation and lived with your word. If the accusation is true the rapist will be shunned locally regardless of a criminal conviction, if false you will be known as a liar, although that will fade in time

On the internet you can hide behind a shield of anonymity, and have a larger audience and a permanent written record of the allegation regardless of if you are a real person or not, or if the claim is real or not.

I am really conflicted on this, whilst I'm currently sitting on the side of this in its existing form being a bad idea (mainly due to whilst she made it private a first she then publically tagged said person out of the private group), I really struggle with this concept as a whole being wholly a bad idea as it could be very very beneficial, I just feel it needs some work to stop abuse of the system – I just don’t agree with the concept of accepting false claims/abuse of the system for any potential gains, we should be striving for a fool proof system that helps victims and removes any chance of false claims, and thus removes that fear that people will not be taken seriously

(I got distracted posting so I'm 30 min behind on refreshing the topic)

Beefy

Snarky❤;245296249 said:
So what is the alternative? A lot of guys in this thread just keep saying "THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER WAY" while women keep getting raped and rapists keep getting away with it

Rape needs to be taken serious by the police. The police need to link up with therapists etc and have them question potential victims. When I was giving evidence I did it to a police guy, it felt horrible due to how stressful etc it was. If I of had a therapist etc I would may have felt far more comfy.

My posts are in line with how society practically functions, which is that we choose to have systems we think will benefit the most people at any given time, even when we know they're imperfect and will let people slip through the cracks. It's constantly why I have asked people if they are okay with the abolishing of legal systems across the world because they have resulted in innocent people being jailed and killed, and although I haven't gotten an answer from anyone, the answer is obviously "no" because the benefits of the legal system outweigh the miniscule chance of any random individual being thrown in jail unjustly.

In this case, we have a woman who has gone to the legal system she knows full and well doesn't give that much of a damn about rape, from the rape kits that go untested to the lying police officers to the social stigma against sexually active women to the common narrative that women who get to court but are dismissed were lying instead of simply failing to achieve a proper burden of proof. Police said her medical records after the fact were destroyed. She basically has no legal recourse. The person who raped her is free to do it again, and who knows if the woman in question is the first victim?

Now, I've been a victim of really mild sexual assault. Plenty of other women on GAF have been victims of the same or worse. The law is not on our side. We have little recourse for making sure our abusers see justice. So what do we do to protect ourselves and others now? Like, right now? The answer men here have is effectively nothing, or to demand social change which helps the future and not the now. The answer women have is to let other women know to stay away from shitass men so said men are less likely to be in a position where they can take advantage of another woman. Praytell which one helps the women living now? And before you say that the latter solution can be privy to abuse, reread my first paragraph and understand I've personally made the decision that I would indeed risk the reputations of a few men if it means many, many more women are armed with the knowledge of who to avoid so we don't get raped as much.

This doesn't mean I like false accusations. I would never do it because I understand the burden this can have on a man's life, and in general I'm not a piece of shit. And going back to the legal system metaphor, I'm against the death penalty for this very reason- it doesn't do my conscious good to know that my government is killing people who could be innocent of crimes they were deemed to have committed by the state, especially when you get into the issue of black victims of a legal system that has been designed from every corner and crevice to work against us.

But I'm not about to say we should get rid of jails entirely because of it.

But you were comparing one imperfect system with another imperfect system. Our laws have checks that hold people responsible. From the laws itself, to the defense attorneys, judges, lawmakers, elected officials, and police. There is no accountability in private channels on the internet. It's horrible how the justice system is failing rape victims, but to make more victims is irresponsible imo.

Maybe the media has been focusing on false accusations and how imperfect the justice system is, since I don't know any statistics offhand, but currently I feel the justice system is weighted heavily against the accused. The state is very powerful and depriving a person of a normal life through prisons and past convictions is a very scary thing. From what I've read and understand of the law, which is admittedly pathetic, I side with the idea that it is better to let a guilty person free then sending an innocent person to jail. So far I haven't been convinced otherwise, but I would be open to the opposite.

It isn't only rape criminals that are let free. There are murderers walking around that the justice system has failed to prosecute, jail, and rehabilitate. I've been a victim of property crimes several times which amounts to almost nothing compared to rape and murder, but I'm fairly sure the criminals haven't been caught and it is considered low-priority. I have received no justice should I look into vigilantism and seek justice on my own with no one to hold me accountable? What about family members who have lost someone to murder and the person they thought that did it was declared not guilty, what should they do? Where is the line between mob justice and a society of laws?

I really don't know what the rape victim in the op should do. If she wants to warns others of a serial rapist, she could go public and accuse him, but that has its own drawbacks. If she wants to warn her friends and social circle, which is an argument that has been used, I think that would be great. The problem with using the internet is anonymity and who knows who the accuser is and who knows who the audience is and how they will react. In a social circle you know the accuser, the accused, and person being told is known to the accuser, but even through all those conditions are met that still has drawbacks. So I really don't know. The justice system will always be imperfect. The only thing we can do is try to improve it through laws, elections, and education.

I hope what I wrote makes sense. Just so we're clear I'm not completely anti-vigilantism. Some of what I've typed is simply debate and doesn't necessarily reflect my views.

Snarky❤;245289274 said:
Alright you hate private channels fine.

So what are you actually doing personally to help change the system and bring more rapists to justice? Because if you truly do understand false allegations then you would understand that false rape allegations are a much smaller problem then women getting raped and rapist getting away with it. So if you were combating false rape allegations that I have to imagine you're also doing a lot to combat rape

To be honest nothing meaningful other than voting. I haven't done anything meaningful combating false rape allegations either. There are a lot of issues I haven't done anything about. It's kind of embarrassing, but also overwhelming.

RS4-

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4097879

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steubenville_High_School_rape_case

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/anonymous-vs-steubenville-20131127

But no, poor hypothetical falsly accused guys.

The dude who hacked the documents in order to expose the Steubenville case cover up is spending more time in jail than the rapsits. Think about that.

everyone involved with that coverup, the cops, the school stff and admin, and those that shamed the victim and her family should be locked up to never see the light of day.

the story and everything about it is so infuriating.

The system is fucking garbage.

mike6467

Snarky❤;245296249 said:

Maybe there's not. I don't know. I don't have the answers, I just know that the experience traumatized me and several members of my family to the point where they were scared for their lives. Maybe I can't look at the situation objectively, so go ahead and throw my input out.

Media

Also, I find it sketch as hell that most of the time the board is all "Fuck the cops!" and then when it comes to rape its all "Let the justice system handle it, if it doesn't work thems the brakes."

Beefy

The Maryville case didn't even get a conviction, even with video evidence, and eventually led to the sucicide of a victim. Can anyone honestly look at those links a wonder why we don't report, or say a false accusation is worse than rape?

I am a victim. I didn't report until 6yrs after my abuse, by then my abuser was old and died before he was questioned. Far more needs to be done by the legal system for the accuser and the accused.

Sunster

It is more public and that in itself is a check on false accusations, you have publically in person made an accusation and lived with your word. If the accusation is true the rapist will be shunned locally regardless of a criminal conviction, if false you will be known as a liar, although that will fade in time

On the internet you can hide behind a shield of anonymity, and have a larger audience and a permanent written record of the allegation regardless of if you are a real person or not, or if the claim is real or not.

I am really conflicted on this, whilst I'm currently sitting on the side of this in its existing form being a bad idea (mainly due to whilst she made it private a first she then publically tagged said person out of the private group), I really struggle with this concept as a whole being wholly a bad idea as it could be very very beneficial, I just feel it needs some work to stop abuse of the system – I just don’t agree with the concept of accepting false claims/abuse of the system for any potential gains, we should be striving for a fool proof system that helps victims and removes any chance of false claims, and thus removes that fear that people will not be taken seriously

(I got distracted posting so I'm 30 min behind on refreshing the topic)

on facebook?

But you were comparing one imperfect system with another imperfect system. Our laws have checks that hold people responsible. From the laws itself, to the defense attorneys, judges, lawmakers, elected officials, and police. There is no accountability in private channels on the internet. It's horrible how the justice system is failing rape victims, but to make more victims is irresponsible imo.

Maybe the media has been focusing on false accusations and how imperfect the justice system is, since I don't know any statistics offhand, but currently I feel the justice system is weighted heavily against the accused. The state is very powerful and depriving a person of a normal life through prisons and past convictions is a very scary thing. From what I've read and understand of the law, which is admittedly pathetic, I side with the idea that it is better to let a guilty person free then sending an innocent person to jail. So far I haven't been convinced otherwise, but I would be open to the opposite.

It isn't only rape criminals that are let free. There are murderers walking around that the justice system has failed to prosecute, jail, and rehabilitate. I've been a victim of property crimes several times which amounts to almost nothing compared to rape and murder, but I'm fairly sure the criminals haven't been caught and it is considered low-priority. I have received no justice should I look into vigilantism and seek justice on my own with no one to hold me accountable? What about family members who have lost someone to murder and the person they thought that did it was declared not guilty, what should they do? Where is the line between mob justice and a society of laws?

I really don't know what the rape victim in the op should do. If she wants to warns others of a serial rapist, she could go public and accuse him, but that has its own drawbacks. If she wants to warn her friends and social circle, which is an argument that has been used, I think that would be great. The problem with using the internet is anonymity and who knows who the accuser is and who knows who the audience is and how they will react. In a social circle you know the accuser, the accused, and person being told is known to the accuser, but even through all those conditions are met that still has drawbacks. So I really don't know. The justice system will always be imperfect. The only thing we can do is try to improve it through laws, elections, and education.

I hope what I wrote makes sense. Just so we're clear I'm not completely anti-vigilantism. Some of what I've typed is simply debate and doesn't necessarily reflect my views.

To be honest nothing meaningful other than voting. I haven't done anything meaningful combating false rape allegations either. There are a lot of issues I haven't done anything about. It's kind of embarrassing, but also overwhelming.

You think the justice system is weighed heavy against the accused in rape cases?

Mael

Yeah sorry but no.

I don't have a problem with the private group or even a public group shaming rapists.
If we had a system that made sure to treat cases of rape like a serious matter, yeah this would be useless and borderline damaging even.
But as of right now? Shame away, not like the police is going to do much anyway.

"Police need to do better" isn't really a solution that leads to less rapists getting away with it.

"Women can warn other women after they get raped" is.

Media

I really wish some of y'all in this thread SO PASSIONATE about how this is a horrible idea would channel some of that energy towards teaching men to not rape women. Given that one of out every six women in the US has been raped, you'd think that perhaps that's the bigger problem in society.

Nope, would rather worry about not yet having occurred false accusations than rapes that have already occurred.

Chococat

Unless her story is going to get her rapist imprisoned, I'm not sure how it's any different. The issue here is someone was still named, would the woman remain anonymous in this situation?

It is to stop other women from getting rape. Rape is one of those crime where attacker move on from victim to victim. One women might not be able to present enough evidence to get conviction, but when multiple women come forward, pattern emerge that are hard for even the most inept police departments to ignore.

I really wish some of y'all in this thread SO PASSIONATE about how this is a horrible idea would channel some of that energy towards teaching men to not rape women. Given that one of out every six women in the US has been raped, you'd think that perhaps that's the bigger problem in society.

that's why I keep saying I wish they would just admit they care more about false rape allegations then women getting raped.

At least then they'd be honest instead of just transparent

Sunster

seems like men like idea of women learning to fight off attackers more.

Pandy

There is little redress in changing public opinion once an accusation of rape is presented.
If the victim is prepared to identify herself publicly as a victim to make the accusation then that's fair play.

If we were talking about anonymous accusations I'd have a lot more sympathy with the accused, as there is little someone can do to challenge them.

Jesus Christ.

You guys, who will never be raped, are telling actual rape victims in this thread to shut the fuck up because some poor hypothetical person might get false accusations.

Again, I reported at 13. My rapist didn't have his life ruined. Even though he raped me more than once. Even though he was a god damned 50 year old man. Everyone stood up for him. No one believed me. He copped a plea for probation. Again, this is someone who raped a child for years. Had I put up a flyer saying "Don't let him watch your children." I'd be asshole.

Once again, even on progressive gaf, rape is the only thing where the kneejerk reaction is "Well, she's lying." or some other bullshit.

And then people ask why we don't fucking report.

Can you point to more than a handful of, "she's lying" posts?

There's a defense force for everything on GAF, even SS Nazis, so I'm not discounting that there are some people that would say, "she's lying." However, that doesn't make it a situation where the definitive knee-jerk reaction is, "she's lying." So, it would make it more like your typical GAF post, where there's a wide range of reactions.

If anything, the initial kneejerk reaction in this thread was supportive of the private Facebook group.

Media

Also, I'd like y'all the think about the fact that considering the very low percentage of rapes that are reported, how many girls went through a Maryville or Steubenville situation and shut the fuck up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom