• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shantae: Half-Genie hero e3 2015 trailer

Gameboy415

Just played through the demo - the game looks and sounds amazing and all 3 demo stages were really fun!
Can't wait for the final game (and the rest of my Kickstarter goodies)! :D

bon

My only concern is that it won't be as good as Pirate's Curse, because Pirate's Curse was really really good.

I liked the faster pace and freedom of movement that the pirate equipment brought to the table, so I'm not sure I want to go back to transformations.

ArjanN

My only concern is that it won't be as good as Pirate's Curse, because Pirate's Curse was really really good.

I liked the faster pace and freedom of movement that the pirate equipment brought to the table, so I'm not sure I want to go back to transformations.

Yeah, you could really tell with Pirate's Curse they accounted for speedrunning. Lots of smart level design choices and movement options.

Griss

Doesn't look great to me. Her animation seems to have way too few frames, the new style is a disimprovment, the backgrounds are generic, the music seems drab and the gameplay seems sparse when given that amount of screen real estate.

I'm not mad, though - we got Pirate's Curse which was everything I ever wanted from a Shantae game, from gameplay to art to music.

I'm slightly concerned that this looks more like the meandering Risky's Revenge than the tight, excellent Pirate's Curse.

Still psyched.

Psxphile

TWXdrnO.gif

Since the game (or at least the demo) uses the same file formats and/or compressions as Ducktales Remastered, peeps have been able to rip sprites from it pretty quickly and painstakingly compiled some animated gifs:
Album link

Needs to be cleaned up though, they don't look so hot against a dark background.

CTLance

Yeah, can't wait to play that.
Since the game (or at least the demo) uses the same file formats and/or compressions as Ducktales Remastered, peeps have been able to rip sprites from it pretty quickly and painstakingly compiled some animated gifs:
Album link
That's some cute shit. My teef are rotting. Much appreciated.

Not sure about the hip thrust though.
I mean, what the heck is she doing there. Looks weird.

eXistor

This one is gonna be more open-world right? I love the previous games, but they were always a bit too linear for my liking, I'd love it if this one was an actual pathfinder game like Metroid.

JordanKZ

I really, really enjoyed The Pirate's Curse on 3DS (y'know, once it eventually got released in Europe). Super excited to see how this one turns out.

Do we have any kind of date for a final release yet?

so1337

Looks phenomenal. They do such a great job of giving characters and enemies personality through animation. We've come a long way since Goombas.

Psxphile

Meffer

Yeah, can't wait to play that.

That's some cute shit. My teef are rotting. Much appreciated.

Not sure about the hip thrust though.

I mean, what the heck is she doing there. Looks weird.

It's reminiscent to her idle animations in the first game.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Isn't IntiCreates contributing to Shantae development these days?

Makoto Yabe (KOU) from Inti Creates did the character portraits for Pirate's Curse and will be contributing concept art and other supplemental art to Half-Genie Hero, but Inti Creates isn't fully or directly working on these games, as far as I know.

Wonko_C

Did you play with your eyes closed? It's not Senran Kagura but it's definitely, uh, "flirtatious".

Yeah but nothing "creeptastic" like the OP said. Isn't the game rated E? It's the kind of stuff kids were seeing when reading comics decades ago.

Yeah but nothing "creeptastic" like the OP said. Isn't the game rated E? It's the kind of stuff kids were seeing when reading comics decades ago.

The saliva bathing was a low point until I got to Bikini Temple.

Great game, don't get me wrong, but that stuff was just kinda embarrassing to me. Each to their own. :) I've never really liked the weird obsession with bouncing breasts in WayForward's games, always seemed at odds with the tone, personally.

Cool. I played one of these on PC earlier in the year. It was pretty good.
If Shantae brings that blue slave-Leia outfit into this new game (and it comes to Steam), I'll play this one too.

Top Bottom