• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shantae: Half-Genie hero e3 2015 trailer

The 3d background do look better integrate than Ducktales, but could still use work. I think Wario on the Wii still looks the best when combining 3D with 2D.

Wonko_C

The saliva bathing was a low point until I got to Bikini Temple.

Great game, don't get me wrong, but that stuff was just kinda embarrassing to me. Each to their own. :) I've never really liked the weird obsession with bouncing breasts in WayForward's games, always seemed at odds with the tone, personally.

Fair enough, I was just curious. I thought there was a secret cutscene I missed or something, (Or any excuse to replay that game, LOL).

Anyone knows when's it coming out?

SeanTSC

Game looks gorgeous. Super-pumped for this. Crazy disappointed that I managed to miss out on the Kickstarter when it was going on. The art and colors are going to look fucking amazing on my Plasma.

Chev

The original concept art seemed to point in that direction as well...

Concept art drawings are gonna be 2d by nature, they're drawings. But even on the very first video you could see them working on 3d models, and it was written on the KS page as well.

Justified

Can someone give me the standard continuity explanation again? I still get confused because this game was kickstarted, when the other game was announced

Someone explained it in an older thread, but I cant remember.

Can someone give me the standard continuity explanation again? I still get confused because this game was kickstarted, when the other game was announced

Someone explained it in an older thread, but I can remember.
Shantae (GBC) > Risky's Revenge > Pirate's Curse > Half Genie Hero

@MUWANdo

Banned

Someone explained it in an older thread, but I can remember.

The three games that are available right now form a self-contained trilogy. This game isn't a reboot but it's not a direct sequel to the existing games, either.

mreddie

psekO3Bh.jpg

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This is looking pretty good. The 2D/3D mixture seems at lot more pleasing than the one in DuckTales.

Meia

Shantae (GBC) > Risky's Revenge > Pirate's Curse > Half Genie Hero

Perfect. Gives me a good order to play things, as I definitely want to play all of these before this comes out(KSs it kind of based on what peeps have said, but it looks great).

Now to figure out how to get the games. :p

Ah steam, ok then.

Woorloog

Banned
This actually looks interesting?
Huh.
I cannot recall a platformer since... well, i can't even recall quite when. Last platformer i probably liked was probably either SMB3 or SMW. And i never even finished those, platformers have never been my genre really.

But this, this looks interesting enough to keep an eye on.

popyea

Upon viewing the footage and these gif's, it seems to be a mixture of traditional & cutout animation, but it looks so seamless. As for the environments, they definitely mesh a lot better with the hand drawn sprites this time around.

I think it's practically all cutout in these idles. There'd be some element of traditional in instances where they pose swap though. The reason it's so seamless though is because they're using deformable meshes, so you're combining cutout with the ability to curve and stretch with much more flexibility. It ends up looking a lot more like smooth traditional animation than usually stiff cutout style.

Edit: sorry for the double post

Cuburt

The game looks great.

Awesome 2.5D/3D graphics, great animation, great music.

This may be Wayforward's best Shantae yet and I loved Pirate's Curse. I played through it multiple times. It's seems like Shantae has really started to come into it's own as a franchise lately.

Top Bottom