• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero is coming to Nintendo Switch.

Giolon

Double dipping for sure. I wish there was a way to get my backer content over into this version though.

Calm Mind

I have a feeling this is just the first of many indie holdouts announcing games in the coming to the Nintendo Switch weeks before E3.

Morts

This isn't the one that came in the Nintendo Humble Bundle is it? I was really enjoying that one until a frustrating difficulty spike.

Conan-san

The only problem I have with the GBC game is the small field of view. It makes the game a lot more frustrating than it needs to be.

I really hope they include everything on the cart instead of having to DL the DLC but I'm not holding my breath on the backer-exclusive Tinkerbat transformation.

They give us the JoyCon Suit and I think we can call it even.

marmoka

Banned
Those who have a Switch but never played this should give it a try. It's not as good as Pirate's Curse, but it's still very enjoyable.

BiggNife

Shit I might have to double dip on this for Risky Mode

I enjoyed the base game but I don't really intend to plug my Wii U back in just for the bonus content

How did this perform on WiiU, btw? It looks more graphically intense than other Shantae games.

Ran flawlessly. No performance issues, short load times.

As someone who really liked Pirate's Curse, this game was really lackluster. I tried but I couldn't push myself to finish it. Way too much backtracking filler and not enough interesting areas or variation.

Just a friendly warning to others to read reviews before buying, I foolishly bought it on launch day..

Protome

Held off on buying this recently because I suspected this would be the case. Will pick it up on Switch day one? loved the previous games.

Top Bottom