• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shawn Layden (President SCEA) wearing Crash Bandicoot t-shirt at PSX...

Luke_Wal

What Naughty Dog does these days is so far from Crash and the people who work there are so different nowadays that there's not even a guarantee that a Crash game from them would be phenomenal. Granted, yes, the people who work at Naughty Dog are some of the best in the business, but the talent that they attract are people interested in making realistic, grounded, graphically intensive games. Who even says that those people want to be making a game starring a giant orange bandicoot?

EDIT: That being said, I would lose my mind if there was a new Crash game announced, I would lose my mind. I just don't know if I want Naughty Dog being the people to make it happen, particularly with how badly I want a second TLOU or another new IP from them.

Man

Granted, yes, the people who work at Naughty Dog are some of the best in the business, but the talent that they attract are people interested in making realistic, grounded, graphically intensive games. Who even says that those people want to be making a game starring a giant orange bandicoot?
I think the chance to make a videogame looking close to a Pixar movie would be pretty enticing.

T-0800

Not sure if it has been mentioned but I noticed the other day the avatar for Naughty Dog in PS4 Communities is Crash.

Nev

Banned
I think Crash 2 & 3 are genuinely great games. I replay them every year or so and am surprised at how well they hold up. Obviously they aren't perfect by any means, but they are actually good games.

Crash 2 is actually perfect. Playing that game at 60fps is one of the best and most fun pure platforming experiences you can have even today.

Crash 3 sucks though because of shitty vehicle levels, but the platforming levels are still superb.

This T-shirt bs was not even close to being funny and it only made them a huge disservice when the thing ended and nothing was shown. It made an alright conference turn into shit just because of that unfunny attempt at amusing trolling. Pathetic and juvenile from him/then.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
It's coming, I don't believe for a second he wore that shirt just to wear it. I also don't believe for a second it would be developed by Naughty Dog.

Skii

It's definitely happening. Sony wouldn't dare risk the backlash of teasing gamers like that. They can probably afford to but it's a slippery slope.

I assume there might be a remaster or a new game not developed by Naughty Dog.

sense

i don't understand why some you think it is not happening. it is well known he is a very popular request for a few years now. the guy isn't going to waltz out wearing that shirt just for kicks. it is happening, just not sure if it is just bringing back old games or a new game

i don't understand why some you think it is not happening. it is well known he is a very popular request for a few years now. the guy isn't going to waltz out wearing that shirt just for kicks. it is happening, just not sure if it is just bringing back old games or a new game

If it's just re-releases of the PS1 games then it's not really happening.

Well, the wish has been granted. The Crash Bandicoot franchise rights has definitely gone back to Sony Computer Entertainment.

Now, we can have peace...

Crash is coming back on the scene again.

(sidenote). What was interesting in regards to attire Sony was in full grunge mode. Are they trying to capture the "Tude" vibe.

It's definitely happening. Sony wouldn't dare risk the backlash of teasing gamers like that. They can probably afford to but it's a slippery slope.

I assume there might be a remaster or a new game not developed by Naughty Dog.
LMAO

"Dare risk the backlash."

Give me a break.

Apathy

Feels like they are trying to add at least one troll moment every psx. We had the final fantasy 7 one last year, this year it's this.

First.
Crash-to-Sony-Image.jpg

Then
D3i7iEX.jpg

And still nothing happens.
Playstation, you better have a Crash bandicoot game at E32016.

Is there any evidence that the Crash license has gone back to Sony?

Not really evidence, but Robomodo wanted to put Crash in Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5, and was told no by Activision. "Someone replied with "Of Course, freakin' Activision." Robomodo then said, "It's not their fault," referring to Activision. It seems a bit weird that Activision would not allow them to put Crash in when they own the license/IP with the current information we have now

Here is the link to the news: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1142156

stryke

Not really evidence, but Robomodo wanted to put Crash in Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5, and was told no by Activision. "Someone replied with "Of Course, freakin' Activision." Robomodo then said, "It's not their fault," referring to Activision. It seems a bit weird that Activision would not allow them to put Crash in when they own the license/IP with the current information we have now

Here is the link to the news: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1142156

Couldn't it just be Tony Hawk himself who doesn't want to mix with other IP?

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
have a feeling it is a tease because they finally acquired the ip so first showing will be e3

GOOCHY

I couldn't really blame any company for not wanting their property associated with the disaster that is THPS5. It was well known that it was in tough shape well before release.

Top Bottom