• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin'en makes reponse to rumor of downgrade for final devkits

Someone asked a question and they gave an answer. What more do you want. These kinds of troll post is just rubbish.

Every positive Nintendo thread gets troll post like these.

Please tell me where the troll post is. What's so false about MY thought? I never stated this as a fact, but it really could be since Shinen ALWAYS make good statements about the Wii U's hardware.

SuomiDude

Please tell me where the troll post is. What's so false about MY thought? I never stated this as a fact, but it really could be since Shinen ALWAYS make good statements about the Wii U's hardware.
Maybe that's because the hardware actually is good. Ever thought about that?

SmokyDave

And guys seriously, stop shitting on Dave.
Ah, dude, you make me all warm 'n' fuzzy. I'm cool with it though, I bring it on myself. Here's a handy visual representation of my posting style:

1BS7Red.gif

Maybe that's because the hardware actually is good. Ever thought about that?

"Good" is a relative term. It means absolutely nothing.

Serious question though, have Shin'en ever said anything that could be construed as negative about any Nintendo hardware? Limitations, frustrations etc?

Ah, dude, you make me all warm 'n' fuzzy. I'm cool with it though, I bring it on myself. Here's a handy visual representation of my posting style:

1BS7Red.gif

You're a proud member of the Carnival of Stupid.

It's a beautiful thing when done right. Nintendo generally isn't your style and you aren't the type to back down when prodded, nor the type to walk away without prodding yourself. I enjoy that about certain posters because somehow they straddle the line between irritating and cute that they become irricute. Ani with his sarcasm, Ami with his "Fuck you I'm an anteater!" style.

I mean it's not like you really give that much of a fuck. You're just reasonably good with firing coffee at beehives and getting away relatively unscathed. Sooner or later though my friend the bans will catch up and then I won't have that punchable smug face to laugh with.

I don't completely get it myself. Every time you praise Vita it always reads like a backhanded insult anyway. Like you love the platform but you can clearly see it is not something the masses want. Probably because it's been bombing for longer. You're well past denial firmly in acceptance territory.

DeaviL

Banned
I'm tired of people BS'ing about a persecution complex.

When it's Wii U people can't wait to talk about how weak it is,
but when PC gamers roll into a PS4 thread it's all about gameplay.

Bias ahoy.

I'm tired of people BS'ing about a persecution complex.

When it's Wii U people can't wait to talk about how weak it is,
but when PC gamers roll in to a PS4 thread it's all about gameplay.

Bias ahoy.
It's always dumb. If you want you can build a PC today with theoretical capabilities in excess of 15x the PS4.

Even just spending $100 more will net you with a much more powerful piece of kit. And in any scenario you'll have something with none of the CPU limitations PS4/One will be met with.

All consoles now are designed under a series of compromises. They don't have the cases for modern powerhouse GPU's or CPU's, they can't cool them, they can't power them. They can't use them. In an era where PC's can use quad setups.

Being a console gamer today is being someone willing to compromise for less.

Mael

Funny thing about Gaf :

Expert with tons of credential and huge history of knowing how the subject he's treating really is says something some group A doesn't like.

Group A : they're fanboys lying MF only lying because they're fanboys trying to further their plan to do something I don't like and that includes eating babies!

Guys, if you've got a credible source saying something you don't like you better adjust your views instead of clinging to some make believe reality and claim that the source is BSing you.
It makes you look like a looney creationist.

I think Nintendo paid Shinen to take damage control

Seriously I'm half expecting the next post to claim that the Illuminaties are also part of the plot to push anti diabete medecine to control people's mind with microwave!

MDX

Seriously I'm half expecting the next post to claim that the Illuminaties are also part of the plot to push anti diabete medecine to control people's mind with microwave!

Well as true as that plot might be, it wouldn't validate the other claims made here.

But reading the Iwata asks on the heat issue... they did say they were looking at various options to solve it, they didnt say down clocking, or reducing the chip in some kind of way as a solution:

Compared with the Wii, the Wii U has about three times the amount of heat, so we really had to wrack our brains. We considered solutions such as making the fan bigger and raising the number of fan revolutions. We conducted heat tests for prototypes a number of times and optimized placement of the air holes.

I see. This is like an article breaking down and reporting on a new product right after release! (laughs) It's not like you have a single magical idea. Rather, you go to a lot of trouble, building up a number of improvements to make it relatively compact despite the heat generated.

So despite the heat, they looked ways to making the console compact. It doesn't sound like they modified the chip(s) to work in a compact console.

krizzx

Well as true as that plot might be, it wouldn't validate the other claims made here.

But reading the Iwata asks on the heat issue... they did say they were looking at various options to solve it, they didnt say down clocking, or reducing the chip in some kind of way as a solution:

So despite the heat, they looked ways to making the console compact. It doesn't sound like they modified the chip(s) to work in a compact console.

I am reading the same thing. I think people are running with the heat issue thing.

Though one thing that has been cleared up is that the console did not "decrease" in performance from prelaunch to postlaunch thanks to Shin'en.

Top Bottom