• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shirtless FF League : Shirts are for squares.

I added the ';)' to make it seem less mean.

Do you all guys follow other sports besides football?
I'm a casual fan of other sports but they're really just there to distract me until football season starts again. I enjoy watching the NBA playoffs but I don't really have a team (pulling for Memphis, though), and the occasional NHL playoff game is pretty fun to watch as well. I used to love baseball as a kid but these days I find it pretty boring. I think the game of soccer is really cool (FIFA is amazing) but I hate how the best leagues are set up, and the MLS doesn't really interest me because of the huge gulf in talent compared to the Euro leagues. The World Cup is awesome, though.

You added the ;) because you knew it was true and you felt kind of bad for saying it. It wasn't to be nicer, it was to ease your guilty conscience! That at least tells me that there is still a remnant of an untainted soul behind that Pats fan exterior though, which is a plus.

Wrayfield

I just called the Fins irrelevant and you're not even gonna say something mean back? You're too nice :(.

Also, I'm willing to say that LeBron is the best in the game today and the way he stepped up last year and got them the title earns him some respect, buuuuuuut I still want them to crash and burn in the playoffs again, although that seems highly unlikely.

Meh, it's kinda hard to argue about that, we had be fairly irrelevant in the last decade or so. I guess I could say at least we don't have asterisks next to our SB wins, but that's so old it doesn't do anything to me.

As for LeBron, he clearly is. I just never liked him, not as a Cav not as a Heat player. Clearly a brilliant player. I also don't like Wade so I guess that helps overall.

Eurofootie, basketball, rugby, some baseboru but not so much, all apart from football of course.

I'm a casual fan of other sports but they're really just there to distract me until football season starts again. I enjoy watching the NBA playoffs but I don't really have a team (pulling for Memphis, though), and the occasional NHL playoff game is pretty fun to watch as well. I used to love baseball as a kid but these days I find it pretty boring. I think the game of soccer is really cool (FIFA is amazing) but I hate how the best leagues are set up, and the MLS doesn't really interest me because of the huge gulf in talent compared to the Euro leagues. The World Cup is awesome, though.

You added the ;) because you knew it was true and you felt kind of bad for saying it. It wasn't to be nicer, it was to ease your guilty conscience! That at least tells me that there is still a remnant of an untainted soul behind that Pats fan exterior though, which is a plus.

You play Fifa on the 360?

And why don't you like the way soccer leagues are set up? Because it's always the same teams winning? The the way you're able to buy your succes?

I also love the Euro's/World cups the most when it comes to soccer, until the Dutch squad's unavoidable fuck up comes and the depression sets in.

Dutch, even though you're a Pats fan, I'll still let you buy me diner or Taco Bell.

You're kinda slutty aren't you?

Meh, it's kinda hard to argue about that, we had be fairly irrelevant in the last decade or so. I guess I could say at least we don't have asterisks next to our SB wins, but that's so old it doesn't do anything to me.

As for LeBron, he clearly is. I just never liked him, not as a Cav not as a Heat player. Clearly a brilliant player. I also don't like Wade so I guess that helps overall.

Eurofootie, basketball, rugby, some baseboru but not so much, all apart from football of course.

LeBron is amazing to watch, but he just handels himself like a dumbdumb. And yeah, Wade is the biggest douche is all of basketball, so I'm with you on that.

I was more in to basketball than I am now. League seems so tainted at times. For me it's football, soccer, the occasional baseball game where my dad tries to convince me it's the greatest thing ever and sometimes some basketball, but nowadays I only really watch the playoffs.

And of course F1, in which I'm the most interested after football.

Should get into hockey, because when I watch it I enjoy it.

Milchjon

ku-xlarge.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

It is known I only follow the worst franchises.

Toronto Blue Jays, Toronto Raptors, Toronto Maple Leafs, Cleveland Browns.

I did follow Spain during the last big soccer event; the Euro Cup?

I'm not a big soccer fan but I'm trying to learn it so my nephew has someone to talk to about it. He's a huge fan and loves to play but his parents don't care much about the sport at all.

UberTag

I'm not a big soccer fan but I'm trying to learn it so my nephew has someone to talk to about it. He's a huge fan and loves to play but his parents don't care much about the sport at all.
Toronto sports fans are such masochists.

I love this picture. A pug in a hotdog suit, eating a hotdog, at a baseball game. Amazing stuff.

You haven't had the best of luck with teams, but hey, there's always next year! What team does your nephew like? I'm enjoying soccer more lat.....

Wait, hold on, Spain? The Spain? The Spain next to Portugal? The country of Inicunsta? Cuntxi? Piqcunt? Faildes? THAT SPAIN?! YOU!?! I LOVED YOU LIKE A BROTHER AND NOW YOU DO ME LIKE THIS?!

Quinn_angry.gif

It's from Glee of course.

I didn't know Dutch hated Spain. :(

WE SHOULD HAVE WON! IT WAS OUR DESTINY! IT WAS OUR YEAR! ALL THE STARS ALLIGNED!

I WANTED TO JUMP IN THE DISGUSTING WATER OF AMSTERDAM TO CELEBRATE OUR FIRST WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP! BUT SPAIN TOOK IT ALL AWAY! FUCK YOU IKER CASSILIAS! FUUUUUCK.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
WE SHOULD HAVE WON! IT WAS OUR DESTINY! IT WAS OUR YEAR! ALL THE STARS ALLIGNED!

I WANTED TO JUMP IN THE DISGUSTING WATER OF AMSTERDAM TO CELEBRATE OUR FIRST WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP! BUT SPAIN TOOK IT ALL AWAY! FUCK YOU IKER CASSILIAS! FUUUUUCK.

I should push your nose in your pee, kitty.

Does it make it okay if I say I also was able to get with a spanish chick because I was following the team?

Milchjon

I just had to use the Content Advisor to block GAF on IE after I used it to circumvent the StayFocusd extension on Chrome :-/

I'm a lost cause.

The only way to atone is cheering for Germany next time.

Lesson 1: The Dutch are your enemies.
Lesson 2: "Ohne Holland fahr'n wir zur WM!"
Lesson 3: This is the only moment where you cheer for the Dutch:

Ohne Holland fahr'n wir zur WM? You guys are scared of us. I can see it in your eyes. Caravan-Nation is coming for you!

Also, Kave, if you have to root for a team, don't chose Germany or Spain. Rooting for them is almost as bad as punching a pug. Oh, and avoid those Portugese assholes as well.

And don't een think about the Belgiums, they are terrible. And stay away from the British team, they have 1 great player (Daniel Sturridge) and besides him they are all a bunch of tossers and the British press is a fucking joke( Hey Wes! Miss you buddy!). And don't root for Italy, unless you wanna wear a headband like Sanchez.

I just had to use the Content Advisor to block GAF on IE after I used it to circumvent the StayFocusd extension on Chrome :-/

I'm a lost cause.

:jnc

You're gonna join Wes in ban land again?

Milchjon

Block it in your hosts file. Then no browser can get to it.

But then I can't get to it :-D
With StayFocusd, I can limit it to a certain amount of time per day.

And I'm hoping I won't have to resort to getting banned again. It's getting embarassing.

Godslay

Banned
But then I can't get to it :-D
With StayFocusd, I can limit it to a certain amount of time per day.

And I'm hoping I won't have to resort to getting banned again. It's getting embarassing.

Yeah, I've fought with it from time to time. Ultimately Gaf isn't going anywhere, so it will be here when you're done with the important stuff.

Wrayfield

Didn't de Jong break two legs of opposing players in a season or something? He just aimed to high in that match vs. Spain. He could've taken out Iniesta and Casillias.

Didn't de Jong break two legs of opposing players in a season or something? He just aimed to high in that match vs. Spain. He could've taken out Iniesta and Casillias.

I wouldn't put it past De Jong to break 2 legs in 1 season. Dude is Bernard Pollard on the soccer field at times. Karma seems to have hunted him down though, battling injury after injury at the moment.

And yes, should have stepped on Casillias his fucking toe, so it would have been a centimeter shorter and Robben would have won us the game.

Thinking about it all again still seriously depresses me. Like Giants bad :(

Wrayfield

All I can hope is that the Borussia Poles play half-way decently on the national team. Or rather, the rest of the team should adapt to their level of play at Dortmund.

Still 1 more month until qualifying starts up again... Friend of mine and I are thinking of flying down to Brazil next year for the WC.

Wow, that would be pretty badass. Have you ever been to Brazil before? Seems like an amazing place to visit for such an event. How sure is it that the Yanks qualify? if they don't I'll allow you to root for the men in Oranje.
(If you have questions about Brazil, I'm kind of an expert since I played Max Payne 3).

What really pisses me off thinking about world cups is that the locations of all the coming WCs fucking suuuuuck! Fuck you fucking corrupt ass FIFA! I really wanted the World Cup in 2018/2022 to be in the US, so I could go there.
But nooooooooo, lets spend a shitton of money on terrible stadiums in ducking Qatar, even though they came out the worst in every rapport. Good thing they have a lot of money.

Wow, that would be pretty badass. Have you ever been to Brazil before? Seems like an amazing place to visit for such an event. How sure is it that the Yanks qualify? if they don't I'll allow you to root for the men in Oranje.
(If you have questions about Brazil, I'm kind of an expert since I played Max Payne 3).

What really pisses me off thinking about world cups is that the locations of all the coming WCs fucking suuuuuck! Fuck you fucking corrupt ass FIFA! I really wanted the World Cup in 2018/2022 to be in the US, so I could go there.
But nooooooooo, lets spend a shitton of money on terrible stadiums in ducking Qatar, even though they came out the worst in every rapport. Good thing they have a lot of money.

Never been to Brazil before. Will be interesting.

USA in qualifying so far has been mediocre, but the plus side is that everyone else has been mediocre. 4 points in 3 matches for the US, with the Hex leader with 5 points. Getting a draw in Mexico was huge. The June matchdays will be be big because there's 3 of them in a 12 day span

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_CONCACAF_Fourth_Round

Wrayfield

Never been to Brazil before. Will be interesting.

USA in qualifying so far has been mediocre, but the plus side is that everyone else has been mediocre. 4 points in 3 matches for the US, with the Hex leader with 5 points. Getting a draw in Mexico was huge. The June matchdays will be be big because there's 3 of them in a 12 day span

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_CONCACAF_Fourth_Round

I have a friend in Sao Paolo so I am pondering that as well. Always wante to visit Brazil.

ChanHuk

Banned
So the best Shirtless guys of all time, the guys from Swamp People, beer bellies for days that would make even the great Wes Welker blush.

Top Bottom