• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Asuka should go in there and kick her head off

just 'cause

Fun match. It had a story line, the match was overall is better than the various parts that made up the match.

Its a big deal in general, and the fact they got a crowd that didn't really know them into the match was a big test which they passed.

TOMORROW NIGHT

DJPBr2xUIAADUhx.jpg

Lucha Underground's 100th episode

-Rey Mysterio Jr vs Matanza
-Atomicos Match: Team Puma vs Worldwide Underground
-Pentagon DARK vs El Dragon Azteca.

Really solid card, hopefully it's a great show.

Bonus: Dario Cueto's top 10 Lucha Underground moments.

So glad I got to see Sara Del Rey do her thing a few times. Really awesome to see her in there for the presentation of this. She has been so important to this whole division since the WWE scooped her up as a trainer.

Raw64life

Surprised they didn't do a promo or angle or anything with all the horsewomen. But it was still a good match and the right person won.

Ithil

The celebration feels rather anti-climactic. The CWC had the belt being awarded to TJP, had a great promo from him, a proper celebration with confetti and whatnot. There wasn't even a promo here from Kairi (in Japanese or broken English) or HHH or anyone.

That just sort of ended? I get that they have to get to 205 Live now but the finals of a tournament sandwiched between two shows seems like a bad idea.

What if the headbutt was botched and we hear KO is fired tomorrow (and Vince died in the night!) The complete drama!

But seriously in those kind of thing, i'm always thinking, the balls you need to headbutt your actual real life boss, the risk lol.. You're being said "so you headbutt me" by your 72yo billionaire boss, and you better not screw up, and you have to look super confident and zen while doing it.
You know Vince's crazy ass probably told Kevin, "you better headbutt me as hard as you can you son of a bitch".

The celebration feels rather anti-climactic. The CWC had the belt being awarded to TJP, had a great promo from him, a proper celebration with confetti and whatnot. There wasn't even a promo here from Kairi (in Japanese or broken English) or HHH or anyone.

That just sort of ended? I get that they have to get to 205 Live now but the finals of a tournament sandwiched between two shows seems like a bad idea.

Should have told those crusers to wait brother

Considering how the rest of the tournament was handled, not a surprise.

Ithil

Considering how the rest of the tournament was handled, not a surprise.

Actually in general the finals were portrayed very anti-climactically. I mean they filmed that in July, they couldn't have come up with actual trons or themes for the two finalists? Or pyro for a one off finals?

Other than the commentary, the tournament was handled really well IMO. So I don't know what you're getting at.

Having people duck spoilers for months before dumping the episodes in two blocks and not even mentioning it on Raw the night before?

It felt like a complete afterthought compared to how the CWC was handled.

MC Safety

I liked the lack of fanfare. The WWE tends to overdo things in terms of pre-event coverage, hype, recaps, celebrations, etc. This was right to the point without a lot of fluff.

Also, I would have bet real money on Shayna Baszler to win. I'm glad I was totally off on that. It was a good match and a fine ending to the tournament.

Having people duck spoilers for months before dumping the episodes in two blocks and not even mentioning it on Raw the night before?

It felt like a complete afterthought compared to how the CWC was handled.

They gave their justification for dumping the episodes late, and given the Network rankings, it seems like the move worked to a degree. I thought it was a bad idea initially, but it seemed like it worked.

Not mentioning it on Raw I agree was weird and I've said as much, but the tournament was in no way handled poorly overall.

They gave their justification for dumping the episodes late, and given the Network rankings, it seems like the move worked to a degree. I thought it was a bad idea initially, but it seemed like it worked.

Not mentioning it on Raw I agree was weird and I've said as much, but the tournament was in no way handled poorly overall.
It did well on the network then? That'd be good news.

Didn't hear anything about the network rankings, but if the numbers are good then I can't argue with that.

Edit: Sort of wish they spent more time after, shame they had to wrap it up to get 205 Live out there.

It did well on the network then? That'd be good news.

The week that the first episodes dropped, they beat everything on the Network the week prior. The following week, when the second set dropped, both sets beat everything else on the Network. All eight of the most viewed programs last week on the Network were the 8 MYC episodes.

So yeah, it did well.

Didn't hear anything about the network rankings, but if the numbers are good then I can't argue with that.

Yeah, the week the first four dropped, they were the top four viewed programs. The week the next four dropped, they were the top four followed by the previous four. So it was beating everything even a week after it came out.

The week that the first episodes dropped, they beat everything on the Network the week prior. The following week, when the second set dropped, both sets beat everything else on the Network. All eight of the most viewed programs last week on the Network were the 8 MYC episodes.

So yeah, it did well.
So, no numbers but that does sound really good. Cool.

cordy

Banned
What if the headbutt was botched and we hear KO is fired tomorrow (and Vince died in the night!) The complete drama!

But seriously in those kind of thing, i'm always thinking, the balls you need to headbutt your actual real life boss, the risk lol.. You're being said "so you headbutt me" by your 72yo billionaire boss, and you better not screw up, and you have to look super confident and zen while doing it.

Seriously and the balls on Vince for taking that assault. Owens weighs over 260 and Vince is old as hell so yeah. They both brought it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Not going to be around much tomorrow, so the WCW/NWO PPV of 9/13/2017 will be...

Bash at the Beach 2000. Picked by random number (90/99 WCW PPVS) Wow another historic 2000's PPV. The worked shoot by Russo that drove Hogan (and Bischoff) out of the Company! Vampiro versus the Demon in a Graveyard Match! A bunch of other shitty matches!

Ultimately I think it's a good thing they held off on the 4HW angle tonight. Let Kairi have her moment and be the star. You have a ton of time until Survivor Series to set that match up.

Ultimately my only real complaint is that the match only went 12 minutes, but with Shayna's limited offensive repertoire I can kind of understand it.

Top Bottom