• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

BIG LADS WRESTLING

4aABF4wl.png

It's so awesome to see Keith Lee really blow up this year

From first hearing about him on here Mania weekend I think (people saying they were impressed, Data West was right, etc) to now him being all over the place. Good shit

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hey Xia why isn't Zach banned for attacking me yesterday?

Are we encouraging that kind of behavior? 'Snotty fuck' were the words used, I believe.

Hasney

Boots will be able to tell you a bit more perhaps, but Ambition is a shoot style tournament that wXw run, at least currently, alongside their big 16 Karat Tournament. Matt Riddle won the last one. I hear good things. I think they should be some on Highspots Network, or wXw Now.

Tetsujin is a similar tournament that ran in 2015 with UK guys, the video is on Demand PROGRESS if you have it, and they have a second tournament coming up next year.

Sweet, only seen a few Riddle matches so I might check out the last one too if I find a few more matches to check out free beforehand. Thanks partner.

Hey Xia why isn't Zach banned for attacking me yesterday?

Are we encouraging that kind of behavior? 'Snotty fuck' were the words used, I believe.

I dunno, have you tried being less of a snotty fuck?
ily

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh bullshit. No one who is of rational mind thinks that Reigns problem is for example him not stepping up. Reigns himself has never been the issue. His booking is.

Reigns? I didn't think anyone was still fixated on him. He's been good the past few years.

Pikma

Banned
I'm sure FloSports feels really happy about their decision to venture into the safe, serious and historically rich business of sports entertainment, no regrets at all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"Stepping up" is the vaguest platitude. Nobody knows what that means, especially in WWE's environment.

Millennials struggle with this concept as well, in WWE.

I solidly will always put Dolph Ziggler (not a millennial, but cries like a child often) in this camp. He had multiple opportunities and just kinda WAITED.

It's not really just Reigns. I might be wrong but wasn't some of the Miz Mania build up being about how Miz never took advantage of how big he could be or some shit

Foggy

Millennials struggle with this concept as well, in WWE.

I solidly will always put Dolph Ziggler (not a millennial, but cries like a child often) in this camp. He had multiple opportunities and just kinda WAITED.

Is there any cause to believe this was him and not creative/booking that stalled him multiple times?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's not really just Reigns. I might be wrong but wasn't some of the Miz Mania build up being about how Miz never took advantage of how big he could be or some shit

Miz kinda also leaves it on the ground. He tends to get white hot every few weeks, and then is right back to where he was before.

Clearly, though, I am in no place to say whether or not he's complacent. I don't work for WWE, none of us can say who is complacent.

Cena knows because he's there at the top and has a better perspective.

Is there any cause to believe this was him and not creative/booking that stalled him multiple times?

If we pretend to understand how booking works, we can try to blame it on that. But there's so many factors going on that don't involve us that we're not privy to.

If anything, the booking for Ziggler has given him a ton of chances.

Pikma

Banned
I know what stepping up means to Vince McMahon:

Say yes to everything and fill your body with illegal substances that will probably kill you in a couple years from now

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Say yes to everything and fill your body with illegal substances that will probably kill you in a couple years from now

Going by interviews, Vince prefers you tell him no. That's kind of the issue.

No one's willing to put themselves out there. The good news is Stephanie and Triple H love yes men.

Miz kinda also leaves it on the ground. He tends to get white hot every few weeks, and then is right back to where he was before.

Clearly, though, I am in no place to say whether or not he's complacent. I don't work for WWE, none of us can say who is complacent.

Cena knows because he's there at the top and has a better perspective.

I wouldn’t trust the guy at the very top’s view of those under him.

Especially when it’s basically they just don’t want it enough and aren’t working hard enough.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn’t trust the guy at the very top’s view of those under him.

Especially when it’s basically they just don’t want it enough and aren’t working hard enough.

It's a better perspective than a crew of babies saying things weren't given to them. I'd trust the person who did it, not the bunch of people who want it given to them.

"No, I'm sure Jinder has done only legal substances. He said he did, just like he said he was in control of what his character said on air, and just like he said there'd be no racism on screen, so I believe him" - NVM

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
4c7b042c05c8f5a94e7abd709024b3db8e29437e_hq.gif

People are afraid to "step up" post Zack Ryder.

Why? It did a lot of good for Zack, who was going NOWHERE.0mph nowhere. It did him a lot of good. Now imagine if there was a more likable personality stepping up, someone more compelling than the dumpster fire that is Zack's character.

Hasney

So we're talking a handful of guys in a peer group in the dozens upon dozens over the past 7+ years? Those are the only ones that made a sincere push? That I don't buy.

It's this weird dynamic where everyone understands that the system of booking and creative is so fundamentally scatterbrained and ill-conceived that the only way to rise above it is to be some dynamic firebrand who pulls up themselves by the bootstraps and makes something of themselves. It's no different than working for a company with incompetent management that blames its employees for not doing the job that management should be doing well in the first place.

I don't think it's that far fetched, because if you go to bat for yourself and they do see money in you, you could be booted. Why not be happy with your spot, get much better pay than the indies, and chill?

Pikma

Banned
If only Sami Zayn would step up, but instead he's just sitting on his millenial ass making legitimate charity efforts to help save lives on the other side of the world

What a waste

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
cena's right that people don't step up

but also bullshit that he 'stepped up'. you got picked because orton was so much of a fuckup. you were always the backup plan. you aint step up shit, son

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I see a lot of people in this thread are sure they know what steroid usage looks like.

Steroid usage looks like William Regal. Keep that in mind. Adam Rose. Jimmy Wang Yang.

Hard work results in great physiques. I know a lot of people want to think it's always a shortcut, but no. Some folks do both. Most don't.

I don't think it's that far fetched, because if you go to bat for yourself and they do see money in you, you could be booted. Why not be happy with your spot, get much better pay than the indies, and chill?

Nowadays that's not correct - because you can make a heck of a lot more money in the indies than ever before. If you put the work in. That's what catches a lot of folks.

cena's right that people don't step up

but also bullshit that he 'stepped up'. you got picked because orton was so much of a fuckup. you were always the backup plan. you aint step up shit, son

Can't pick your circumstances

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's a smart move to work on your physique in WWE. It's the first thing people see.

Foggy

If we pretend to understand how booking works, we can try to blame it on that. But there's so many factors going on that don't involve us that we're not privy to.

If anything, the booking for Ziggler has given him a ton of chances.

It's a convenient narrative. They're the ones putting themselves out there week in, week out. They're the face of the product. But when you have an army of writers and road agents and bookers and things are stale, then the blame has to be shared. Even if you buy into the bullshit narrative of a complacent generation, then it's on management to cultivate an environment of competition and self-advancement. If you don't adjust your management style, then you're just as complacent.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's a convenient narrative. They're the ones putting themselves out there week in, week out. They're the face of the product. But when you have an army of writers and road agents and bookers and things are stale, then the blame has to be shared. Even if you buy into the bullshit narrative of a complacent generation, then it's on management to cultivate an environment of competition and self-advancement. If you don't adjust your management style, then you're just as complacent.

They gave Ziggler the entire damn Survivor Series, and he just sat there and pooped himself.I don't blame anyone for thinking "maybe Ziggler just isn't going to make anything of himself."

Foggy

They gave Ziggler the entire damn Survivor Series, and he just sat there and pooped himself.I don't blame anyone for thinking "maybe Ziggler just isn't going to make anything of himself."

I'm talking about this myth of complacency, not actual value and talent. Did he poop himself because he sucks or that he just didn't have this FIRE and DRIVE?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I had it posited in a podcast the other day that there is 0 chance that Steve Austin would succeed in today's WWE. I'm inclined to agree.

They would have probably got rid of him once he got into his domestic abuse.

True story: I just watched Stunning Steve Austin vs. Johnny B. Badd the other day. Both wonderful and strange.

I bet. Badd was a great character.

I'm talking about this myth of complacency, not actual value and talent. Did he poop himself because he sucks or that he just didn't have this FIRE and DRIVE?

Honestly I think it's both, but he definitely did not show fire and drive for a moment beyond that Survivor Series match.

Top Bottom