• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was thinking about how much Vince probably wanted both him and Disco Inferno. With their gimmicks in tact, that is.

Who wouldn't? Disco spun gold from that thread.

Favorite Disco era was probably when he was allowed in the LWO. Maybe a bit before...

"I know what steroid use looks like, you don't"

Lmao what is this argument

A year off and nothing changed

I had it posited in a podcast the other day that there is 0 chance that Steve Austin would succeed in today's WWE. I'm inclined to agree.

Austin himself has said as much. Part of it is the size of the roster: you've got a short as fuck window of opportunity to stand out for positive reasons with that much depth, and if you don't you're screwed and pushed aside for years, if not for good. El Generico and KENTA were two of the greatest wrestlers in the late-2000s, and you'll still never see them be legit main eventers today

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Most guys, thankfully, aren’t Dolph Ziggler

Thank goodness! There's been some NXT talents as well who have expected things to be handed to them. Look at poor Apollo Crews. He can't even get his character over, and he's not particularly trying.

He did? It seen tto me they just gave up on him .

I know you won't watch it because you don't watch WWE, but watch the Raw after that SS match. Just...plop! Right in the toilet.

Pikma

Banned
Going by interviews, Vince prefers you tell him no. That's kind of the issue.

No one's willing to put themselves out there. The good news is Stephanie and Triple H love yes men.
I'm sure all those incredibly talented writers are there because they love saying no to Vince, same thing with those 500 mediocre exwrestlers backstage pretending to do a job just to get a paycheck from Vince

Heroman

Banned
Thank goodness! There's been some NXT talents as well who have expected things to be handed to them. Look at poor Apollo Crews. He can't even get his character over, and he's not particularly trying.

I know you won't watch it because you don't watch WWE, but watch the Raw after that SS match. Just...plop! Right in the toilet.

They fired him like a week later and didn't do shit with him. Like he he looked like a star on SS but was booked like a geek a month later.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is this the new passive-aggressive "I remember that podcast. Nice callback"?

No, heroman has said many times he doesn't watch WWE! I sincerely doubt he won't go back and watch Raw after SS like...what was it, 2014? It's fine. I'm not saying it to sound like an asshole.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm sure all those incredibly talented writers are there because they love saying no to Vince, same thing with those 500 mediocre exwrestlers backstage pretending to do a job just to get a paycheck from Vince

Who's talking about writers?

tell me which wrestler has gotten buried for telling vince no. because i can tell you ones who got pushed after telling him no

you go first i'll wait

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

watch out, I've been banned for less (thanks Yuji Nagata)

They fired him like a week later and didn't do shit with him. Like he he looked like a star on SS but was booked like a geek a month later.

To give it some sort of parallel - Austin was also 'fired' before and was able to come back, because the crowd wanted him, and came back huge. Ziggler just plain stinks.

Really ? cause you are totally sounding like one.

Are you really gonna sit down and watch some of Raw from a couple years ago because I said Ziggler stinks? Probably nobody would. We have to rely on memories.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wasn't Ziggler's Survivor Series 2014 role meant to originally be for Roman but he was injured so they just tossed it to Ziggler?

I have no knowledge of this. Would have helped Roman out, for sure. I say this because hindsight is 20/20 and it didn't help Ziggler.

Cody is currently using indie wrestling ot 'rebel' against Vince so he wants him back

so definitely not Cody
Does it count though?

That seems like a loophole

He said "come on guys I'm a draw" and they said "heh heh put on makeup like your brother heh" and he just came out for dark matches near the end of his run

Heroman

Banned
watch out, I've been banned for less (thanks Yuji Nagata)

To give it some sort of parallel - Austin was also 'fired' before and was able to come back, because the crowd wanted him, and came back huge. Ziggler just plain stinks.

Are you really gonna sit down and watch some of Raw from a couple years ago because I said Ziggler stinks? Probably nobody would. We have to rely on memories.

Here the different between ziggy and Austin, one of those people Vince was behind and the other guy Vince wasn't. I mean do you forget that the only reason ziggy he won the belt at that raw after WM was because vince wanna a big pop and not because he wanted to push him

and to your second point no, but I can do with out the passive aggressive bs like "I know you won't watch it because you don't watch WWE" in your replies to me. It pointless and bs.

imBask

Banned
Ziggler won the 2014 Survivor series

the next week he tagged with John Cena against J&J security

and the week after he was in a 6 man tag match with Cena and Ryback, against Rollins KANE and Harper

the week after that he lost to Seth Rollins like a chump and that was that

I hate Ziggler I think he's trash but don't try tro tell me he got put in a winning situation following that single night push

Zach

Didn't Vince Russo tell Vince McMahon that he wasn't going to write Smackdown and McMahon didn't appreciate it?

Blaming talent for how shit WWE product is at this point is fucking gross

I tend to agree. I mean, whatever. I'm not going to fight with my beloved NeoGAF Vince McMahon over it or anything. But yeah.

Pikma

Banned
Who's talking about writers?

tell me which wrestler has gotten buried for telling vince no. because i can tell you ones who got pushed after telling him no

you go first i'll wait
Tell me which wrestler has gotten buried for telling Vince yes. Because I can tell you ones who got pushed after telling him yes

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Here the different between ziggy and Austin, one of those people Vince was behind and the other guy Vince wasn't. I mean do you forget that the only reason ziggy he won the belt at that raw after WM was because vince wanna a big pop and not because he wanted to push him

and to your second point no, but I can do with out the passive aggressive bs like "I know you won't watch it because you don't watch WWE" in your replies to me. It pointless and bs.

...but you said you don't watch WWE.

Vince was briefly behind Ziggler then realized it. And yeah, Vince was completely behind Austin and knew he was the other person who could make it work. I'm just saying Ziggler specifically has had opportunity over opportunity over opportunity and has squandered each and every one. WWE should stop giving him opportunities, I doubt many here would argue that. But they keep giving people chances, top spots to try to do something.

Best equivalent I can think of is what Matt Hardy did out in TNA. You can make your own if you have just a little bit of traction in any direction. Hell, when we saw the pics of Matt's new look, we were interested. I remember discussing it here. It was something different, then turned brilliant. That's the kind of thing people aren't doing- finding what's a perfect fit for them, but instead cruising in something that isn't a perfect fit because it's a paycheck and dammit they're just happy to be there.

Looking at you, Cesaro. These four ropes...

Didn't Ryback cross the boss and nothing good came out of it?

Yup, because there was no value in the Ryback name, and he hasn't really been trying to make it big wrestling. Instead he thought he had a brand when he didn't really have one.

Zach

Didn't Ricky Steamboat have a similar thing? Where he was like nah to Vince about doing something because he wanted to see his child born and then was fired or something?

I really don't know. These are just anecdotes that are popping into my head. I think I'm bored now, though.

Earthquake benefit show from AAA tomorrow
DKW9jZrVoAAXlyG.jpg

Streaming on AAA's Twitch channel at 8PM Central. All proceeds go to Save the Children Mexico

Zach

Yup, because there was no value in the Ryback name, and he hasn't really been trying to make it big wrestling. Instead he thought he had a brand when he didn't really have one.

But I thought we were doing "Vince likes when people stand up to him," not "Vince likes when people stand up to him but they have to be good, too, actually, don't forget that subjective part, thanks."

Foggy

Fuck off with that Cesaro gaff. That same week Rollins fell ass backwards over his own words and nobody gave a fuck. Roman is a walking verbal gaff, same as Shane. It's live tv, people are gonna fumble their lines. The double standards when it comes to 2nd chances speaks volumes more than a guy briefly messing up a promo.

What? They haven’t even ever bothered to even try to do anything with him. Where do you get the impression that he isn’t trying? He actually started having a good thing with his alliance with Titus and they’ve basically all but dropped it more or less.

Didn't Ricky Steamboat have a similar thing? Where he was like nah to Vince about doing something because he wanted to see his child born and then was fired or something?

I really don't know. These are just anecdotes that are popping into my head. I think I'm bored now, though.
I think it was something like Ricky asked for time off to be a family man, so Vince took the title off him. And then he left for WCW, and when he came back they refused to say his name and just called him the dragon.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck off with that Cesaro gaff. That same week Rollins fell ass backwards over his own words and nobody gave a fuck. Roman is a walking verbal gaff, same as Shane. It's live tv, people are gonna fumble their lines. The double standards when it comes to 2nd chances speaks volumes more than a guy briefly messing up a promo.

Is it a double standard? It was a thing for so long. "Well Cesaro just needs to be given a chance" and he was given multiple chances, yes one of them being his four ropes. And he was unable to connect with the audience.

Vince himself said Cesaro was almost there, but something was missing. The folks watching the podcast at home said THIS OLD MAN, HE'S AN IDIOT, CESARO IS A PERFECT TALENT

But...Cesaro was missing something. He wasn't wrong. I couldn't put my finger on it, but he wasn't connecting. Vince wasn't wrong.

And honestly, I don't appreciate you telling me to fuck off. We're discussing wrestling, not something important.

What? They haven't even ever bothered to even try to do anything with him. Where do you get the impression that he isn't trying? He actually started having a good thing with his alliance with Titus and they've basically all but dropped it more or less.

These are situations Crews has been in and has shown absolutely zero character. The booking is here and there, but he's showing a complete and total zero.

nWo you mean? He was never in the lWo just the Wolfpac and later the Filthy Animals

yeah, stupid Wolfpac. I hate the Wolfpac. You're right!

Top Bottom