• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shootmember 2 Wrasslin |OT| :Shoot from the Hip When in Heated Verbal Exchanges

BiggNife

WTF happened to Capcom fighting games? Just a real significant drop in quality.

SFV and MvCI are actually really solid games gameplay-wise, it's just that Capcom has fucked them both up due to poor marketing and planning

SFV was released with half the modes missing so it would arrive at the beginning of the FGC competitive season, as a result the hardcore fans got into it but casuals were super alienated and negative reception led to casuals ignoring it entirely

MvCI is full featured but is ugly as sin and has shitty production values, presumably because Capcom wanted to rush it out for the holiday season

Capcom still has good developers but their management is 100% ass and they apparently don't have a lot of money to throw around these days

Sephzilla

For whatever reason, the FGC is steadfastly loyal to Capcom despite the fact that they will whine and moan about them at every opportunity

Actually that sounds pretty familiar

The FGC community is extremely biased in favor of Capcom fighters. This is the same community that said the fighting game genre was dead until Street Fighter 4 happened.

I want to say they (the suits at Capcom) just cheaped out, massively.
Capcom fighters struggling to get content in their packages.

Capcom is still paying for a lot of of their mistakes they made last gen. They actually don't have that much money anymore.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody there live last night to confirm? Crowd apparently booed Braun after the cameras went off.

I can't imagine them booing Braun! This sounds insane!

I'm sure they were booing the decision. Tonight is make or break for Braun as a character. They need him to get his magic back ASAP, the ending hurt his character bad.

The FGC community is extremely biased in favor of Capcom fighters. This is the same community that said the fighting game genre was dead until Street Fighter 4 happened.

Thank god for SNK. Best fighters.

ARC is just bleh

Juri IS pretty dreadful though, I could give you a pass there.
why the shit does she have to charge up her special moves to use when they're not even that impressive?
I do think her zoning fireballs would make a pretty significant different in that she'd actually have something to stick to beyond trying to get in

As it stands the only real use for her charges is to use them for combos which like....alright

I do love her V-Skill charges though

I can't imagine them booing Braun! This sounds insane!

I'm sure they were booing the decision. Tonight is make or break for Braun as a character. They need him to get his magic back ASAP, the ending hurt his character bad.

It was apparently while he was leaving, so if they were booing the decision, they were doing it for a while

Sephzilla

Thank god for SNK. Best fighters.

ARC is just bleh

I'm really interested to see how DragonBall FighterZ is welcomed by the FGC, because FighterZ getting a really good foothold basically means Marvel gets sidelined. And Evo this year proved that the FGC will basically need Marvel pried from its cold dead hands.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really interested to see how DragonBall FighterZ is welcomed by the FGC, because FighterZ getting a really good foothold basically means Marvel gets sidelined. And Evo this year proved that the FGC will basically need Marvel pried from its cold dead hands.

I'm fine with it.

I think ultimately the worst thing about MVC is that they put Capcom characters in. Focus on the shitty comic book heroes and villains. Don't drag your has-beens and old-ass Morrigan sprites back.

Heroman

Banned
Those monsters
tumblr_owu5u9fWY71s05wxzo1_400.gif

tumblr_owu5u9fWY71s05wxzo2_400.gif

Sephzilla

Cody is someone I want to like but he just keeps not having that special extra little bit that makes him great.

He'd probably be a megastar if he even had half of his father's charisma or talent.

Time will tell if that game actually manages to catch on. It's looking kind of homogeneous in terms of fighting styles honestly and fanservice may be a bigger focus than most expect.

BiggNife

Cody is someone I want to like but he just keeps not having that special extra little bit that makes him great.

He'd probably be a megastar if he even had half of his father's charisma or talent.

I think he'll find his groove eventually. Dude is talented, at least.

At least he's not Ted Dibiase Jr

Sephzilla

Time will tell if that game actually manages to catch on. It's looking kind of homogeneous in terms of fighting styles honestly and fanservice may be a bigger focus than most expect.

I don't think it looks as homogeneous as Marvel 3 did. I just hope it avoids some of the pitfalls of what made me dislike Marvel 2 and 3 (100% combos and a lot of similar team builds).

BiggNife

I don't think it looks as homogeneous as Marvel 3 did. I just hope it avoids some of the pitfalls of what made me dislike Marvel 2 and 3 (100% combos and a lot of similar team builds).

Part of me wonders if DBFZ will end up going the Fist of the North Star route (also made by Arc) where the game is intentionally broken as shit because it fits with the ridiculousness of the show.

I guess it all depends on whether or not Arc genuinely wants the game to be competitive.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Part of me wonders if DBFZ will end up going the Fist of the North Star route (also made by Arc) where the game is intentionally broken as shit because it fits with the ridiculousness of the show.

I guess it all depends on whether or not Arc genuinely wants the game to be competitive.

I hate keeping things balanced. I always will prefer something that sticks with the show's lore. Then again I dropped competitive fighting games last gen. Done trying to win. I just wanna have fun.

I'm interested in Dragon Ball Fighterz but the inclusion of Super stuff is a huge turnoff

I get it but I have no interest in that foolishness

There's no reason both can't coex-HAHAHAHAHA.

Marvel is probably going to kick DBZ to the sideline like every other non-capcom game.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
If Nia is going to get a title reign, they better do it soon. I imagine Asuka's first feud will be with Emma like it was in NXT. The whole thing about Asuka getting all the attention when Emma started the revolution. Then she moves on Nia who could be the big boss of the division.

Sephzilla

It seems like they want FighterZ to be big on the competitive scene so I dont think they'll go that route. If they tried to make FighterZ true to the lore then only like 4 or 5 characters would be truly viable. And if Beerus is included then the number goes to 1

I'm interested in Dragon Ball Fighterz but the inclusion of Super stuff is a huge turnoff

I get it but I have no interest in that foolishness

A lot of Super has been way better than the worst arc in DBZ though, the Buu Saga

A lot of Super has been way better than the worst arc in DBZ though, the Buu Saga
That's all well and good but every single new element I've seen added looks stupid as fuck

Buu Saga added TONS of new shit that amounted to nothing but at least it looked alright for toys and games

The new transformations look like "all of the super saiyans transformed and fused together into blue hair super saiyan 5" fanart from the early 2000's

Bray is like permanently in the enhancement talent position. Most his feuds are always him losing so his opponent gets something out of it. He's a little young still in wrestling ages to be put into that role already.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Raw's main event scene just suddenly went from real good to real dire

Cena is seemingly being written off TV
Braun potentially lost a bunch of momentum
Joe's injured
Champion's never around
Seth and Dean are tag titles

It's time

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Raw's main event scene just suddenly went from real good to real dire

Cena is seemingly being written off TV
Braun potentially lost a bunch of momentum
Joe's injured
Champion's never around
Seth and Dean are tag titles

It's time

Agree, Raw looks pretty dire. They can save Braun with the right kind of destruction gimmick tonight, but...there's a lot missing.

Mahonay

Banned
Bray is like permanently in the enhancement talent position. Most his feuds are always him losing so his opponent gets something out of it. He's a little young still in wrestling ages to be put into that role already.
It's kind of crazy just how cleanly he lost to Finn. He continues to be impossible to take seriously and one of their worst booked wrestlers.

Sephzilla

That's all well and good but every single new element I've seen added looks stupid as fuck

Buu Saga added TONS of new shit that amounted to nothing but at least it looked alright for toys and games

Everyone's different so if Super's not your jam I can understand. For me Super's added the best Dragonball villain since Cell or Frieza, Beerus is a pretty interesting kind-of-adversary, and they've done a good job of making the supporting cast feel relevant again. Even Roshi got some good spots in.

At the very least it shits all over GT

Everyone's different so if Super's not your jam I can understand. For me Super's added the best Dragonball villain since Cell or Frieza, Beerus is a pretty interesting kind-of-adversary, and they've done a good job of making the supporting cast feel relevant again. Even Roshi got some good spots in.

At the very least it shits all over GT
I never really watched GT but I prefer the look of SS4 to blue and pink hair scrawny god men

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Capcom's fucking broke. That's why they gotta get Sony to fund half their shit.

More Resident Evil please. 7 was so good.

I love every single RE game, even the bad side ones. Faves are probably Outbreak 1 and 2. They would work SO well today with netplay

Top Bottom