• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should I Buy a PS5?

SHould I buy the PS5?

• YES

Votes: 156 69.6%
  • NO

Votes: 68 30.4%

• Total voters

K2D

Banned
All I ever play on is PS5 and I say no. If you're already on PC and don't know whether or not you should buy a Ps5 or an Xbox.. I say don't.

Console life is such hassle-free bliss! If you value your master race status - turn around and walk away.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Of course. is gaming your main hobby or only on the side 15 minutes every week?
FF7 rebirth coming in february

BigLee74

Your jacket is already on a shoogly peg with your wife, but has she even seen what that monstrosity looks like? It could be the end if you get one of those fuckers craned over to your house.

Plus, all that money just for Spider-Man and some future exclusives?

Nah, at least wait for the pro or next generation.

Last edited:
I have never been able to understand men who need permission from a woman to spend their own money on themselves. Why would any man willingly submit to that level of control.

(I voted no. You might upset your wife otherwise.)
My grandfather never even told my grandmother how much he made, and only gave her money to buy food and household stuff and she didn't work. Times sure have changed.

Senua

Tell your wife to go fuck herself and buy what you want.
The words of a single man

freedom GIF

Rival

Gold Member
Do you have the time and desire to play PS5 games? If so then get one. Obviously money doesn’t matter if you say it’s a small percentage of the bonus.

Iced Arcade

yeah for sure!

Great console, I can't imagine you waited this long to jump in and would be interested in spending more on the pro model so just do itttt

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Gaming is my main hobby.
So you are missing on some games! get it.
And on that note - I should get switch. I Never had nintendo aside from nes... I know I am missing on ton of gaming but I dont like handheld gaming.
Dualsense haptics and triggers, 3d audio.... even psvr2 is a nice "bonus" for some users. It's a good ecosystem.
But even just to play few exclusives in a year before they come to pc

Last edited:

RavageX

It really comes down to the games, I've been a Sony guy since PS1. I currently don't play my PS5 AS much as the previous systems but GT7 in VR.....there's nothing quite like that. If you like racing then that is reason alone.

If not, there are plenty of other great games too, but there aren't many games that have made me say, "I've got to get a PS5." The fact that I have a large library to play due to having a ps4 makes the choice even easier.

Plus, sometimes I just don't want to play on a PC. I have a pretty powerful one. Sometimes I play on the TV but its still not the same.
I also have a Switch OLED and now the Series X (that sale could not be resisted) and I have my preferred games on each. (Gamepass and backward compat is my interest in the xbox)

Zannegan

So you are missing on some games! get it.
And on that note - I should get switch. I Never had nintendo aside from nes... I know I am missing on ton of gaming but I dont like handheld gaming.
Dualsense haptics and triggers, 3d audio.... even psvr2 is a nice "bonus" for some users. It's a good ecosystem.
But even just to play few exclusives in a year before they come to pc
At this point, I'd advise you both to wait: him for the Pro and you to see if the Switch 2 ends up being backwards compatible. Even if it isn't, its announcement should drive the cost of a Switch down a good bit, and if it is, playing those games on a Switch 2 docked should be significantly better than a Switch 1.

PS5 or Switch, I'd feel pretty burned buying in right now only to have a successor unveiled in a few months.

I beat GoW Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West, and Miles Morales on my PS4 Pro before buying my PS5...and I've also had an XSX for several years. So the "wow" factor didn't really impact me as much. In fact, after beating Spiderman 2, I haven't really played it much.

That said, if you lack a good PC or XSX, Baldur's Gate 3 and Spiderman 2 alone make it a solid buy.

Gamerguy84

IDK man I always thought you were a PC Xbro. I never tell people to buy hardware and even talked my best friend out of buying a PS because I could tell he's too much of an X fan.

He borrows one of mine when he really wants to try something.

Only you can decide if your having FOMO or if you want it. I have one for the hi quality single player experiences.

I've owned hardware from every system including PC. I know what they all offer and I'm pretty happy in the PS ecosystem and portal has added greatly to that. VR is great as well. The only time PS let me down was with Vita. Other than that I've always been satisfied with my purchases.

AJUMP23

IDK man I always thought you were a PC Xbro. I never tell people to buy hardware and even talked my best friend out of buying a PS because I could tell he's too much of an X fan.

He borrows one of mine when he really wants to try something.

Only you can decide if your having FOMO or if you want it. I have one for the hi quality single player experiences.

I've owned hardware from every system including PC. I know what they all offer and I'm pretty happy in the PS ecosystem and portal has added greatly to that. VR is great as well. The only time PS let me down was with Vita. Other than that I've always been satisfied with my purchases.

I lean towards making fun of Sony guys because they get the most hurt. But I have owned every console with a few exceptions since the NES.

I am a Nintendo lover first. But I like games system doesn’t matter.

PeteBull

I received my bonus yesterday and my raise. the price of a PS5 is a small percentage of my bonus. My wife was nonplussed about it but in the end does not care.

What say you Gaf? Is it time for me to get the Spiderman Bundle PS5?
Imho if u waited that long imo wait bit longer till next year and get ps5pr0, it will be 500 or 600usd max so same/similar price and much better specs.
3rd party devs already got devkits , we getting leaks about specs left and right already.

I don't understand so many responses in this thread. Is the Glorious PC Master Race threatened because someone asks if they should buy a console? Because if someone is straight up asking "Should I buy a PS5?" as the OP is, it's pretty safe to assume they're not looking for either a PC or portable experience. The PS5 is designed for one type of gaming experience--current and last gen games on your TV, most often setup in your living room, den, man cave, or bedroom depending on your age, lifestyle, and household makeup. Pretty sure if OP wants to play portably, they'd be asking "Should I buy a Switch or a Steam Deck?". If they have no interest in PlayStation first/second/third party exclusives, they'd be asking "Which console should I get?"

Some people just prefer the console environment. Others prefer the PC environment. I can think of many pros and cons to both. What is right for one person isn't right for another. That's why there are so many viable gaming options to enjoy out there.

bitbydeath

It’s a good step-up from the PS4, which you could trade-in to get it even cheaper.

Unlike the PS4 it is silent, load times are in the single digits, and the controller has a ton of improvements.

Don’t sleep on Astro Bot either, it’s free and amazing.

Nonehxc

I received my bonus yesterday and my raise. the price of a PS5 is a small percentage of my bonus. My wife was nonplussed about it but in the end does not care.

What say you Gaf? Is it time for me to get the Spiderman Bundle PS5?

y3F4cle.gif

Do it just to see that womanly 'I don't care' ☝🏼🤨 turn into 'WTF did you buy another console?!?!?!' ✊🏼🧐

Last edited:
Top Bottom