• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2011 Edition

Tabris

Excuse the early posting but I know no one would want to post in a thread about to expire in a couple days, so here's an early start to 2011. Please post your setup with your new man toys from Christmas! Doesn't matter whether you got a ballin' setup, a cozy setup, a modern setup, a home theatre room, a bedroom setup, a basement setup or a down right ghetto setup. Post it! It's interesting to see everyone's setups.

2006 Edition
2007 Edition
2008 Edition
2009 Edition
2010 Edition

Once you're done posting here, post in the NeoGAF CRIBS thread with the rest of your setup!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417123

Here is my setup for 2011:

o0A9V.jpg

ZlvJv.jpg

h38dx.jpg

UjhpO.jpg

xRXVJ.jpg

uysLr.jpg

PKIYR.jpg

bE8f6.jpg

Tc3sj.jpg
SxMbw.jpg

jgKrI.jpg

I hate you and laugh at the trouble you will have keeping the glass clean on your sofa table.

You have someone keeping it clean for you don't you? :(

Tabris said:
Amazing ass setup

fuck you

It really is amazing, this is the house and setup of my dreams. I'm super jealous. The Window/wall thing is amazing, I want that.

But seriously, amazing. What city is this?

I can't be the only one who laughed when I saw the first couple of pictures with the PS3 alone in that huge amount of space on the table. :lol

Crisis

Banned
SwiftSketcher said:
fuck you

It really is amazing, this is the house and setup of my dreams. I'm super jealous. The Window/wall thing is amazing, I want that.

But seriously, amazing. What city is this?

Vancouver.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
And with that Tabris scared away anyone thinking about posting their own gaming setup :lol

Tabris

Trojita said:
And with that Tabris scared away anyone thinking about posting their own gaming setup :lol

Please don't be scared away. These threads are how I get ideas. People like chittagong inspired my current setup. Also a lot of other people have different setups that are perhaps cozier or have better gear or have a lot more games. And if you don't, who cares, it's nice to see different setups. Come on people, post it up :)

Can somebody tell me how/where to get these GBA cases that look like DS one?

http://www.thecoverproject.net/

OH OH someone call the fire department, 360 in closed env. NOT GOOD.

I've had my 360 in there since I got the entertainment center and no problems *knocks on wood*. It has some decent ventilation in the back, or perhaps it's more like the towel effect and it's just re-melting everything back into place? :)

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Tabris said:
Please don't. These threads are how I get ideas. People like chittagong inspired my current setup. Also a lot of other people have different setups that are perhaps cozier or have better gear or have a lot more games. And if you don't, who cares, it's nice to see different setups. Come on people, post it up :)

where to get these GBA cases that look like DS one

http://www.thecoverproject.net/

I was just kidding man. You have a damn nice setup. I might try to post my current setup later.

Not much has changed, so I'm using old pics till I take new ones now that I have a DSLR for better quality.

Current Hardware:

Pioneer Elite Kuro 50" 111FD Plasma HDTV
Pioneer Elite SC-07 Receiver
AV123 ELT525 Speakers
DirecTV HD-DVR HR23-700
Sony Blu-Ray BDP-BX1
Zotac Dual Core Atom 330 w/ NVIDIA ION HTPC
Sony 60 GB PlayStation 3
Sony PlayStation 2
Microsoft Xbox 360
Nintendo Wii
Logitech diNovo Mini
Logitech MX Air Mouse

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

8.JPG

9.JPG

5.JPG

18.jpg

And for good measure, here's pics of my game room. (Pics from last year as it hasn't changed too much)

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

Although this is a new pic that I promised last year but got lazy. It's got some consoles but not all of them:

19.jpg

And what the hell since I'm showing off at this point, here's my 10 terabyte server:

20.jpg

I may try to take better pictures when the sun is out. It's kinda dark and gloomy today.

Empty

TacticalFox88 said:
I can't be the only one who laughed when I saw the first couple of pictures with the PS3 alone in that huge amount of space on the table. :lol

yeah, it looks like a shrine for the ps3.

incredible set-up and room though tabris. i'm envious.

Salsa

NeoNess said:
It doesn't take an absurd amount of money to amass a collection, it just takes time/patience.

That's funny cause ive been waiting for a while and i dont seem to be getting a big ass plasma tv

should i wait some more ?

Erekiddo

I'm not talking about big purchases such as TVs.

I went from 8 PS2 games to close to 200 in just a couple of years. It didn't break the bank, as a majority can be obtained for 50-70% off if you just wait a few weeks/months/whatever.

I live on my own and pay rent, but still am able to keep adding games to my collection.

SalsaShark said:
That's funny cause ive been waiting for a while and i dont seem to be getting a big ass plasma tv

How old are you? It doesn't take much to get a big screen TV these days.

Hope it was obvious I was just kidding Tabris. You have a great apartment and setup.

Well here is mine. Just took a pic right now so it's a mess. In theory I could have cleaned up a bit. in theory

Salsa

Marty Chinn said:
How old are you? It doesn't take much to get a big screen TV these days.

I was half joking, im 21.

I dont live in the US, Tv's cost a fuckin ton around here. I get around with a 26 inch (wich costs as much as a 42' there acording to the internet). Small bedroom anyway.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
SalsaShark said:

I say find someone to go half with and pay them back over time, depending on how inflated the pricing is in Uruguay.

Don't want to sound like a douche but regarding the OP's setup, the PS3 looks really out of place on the table like that. Why not put it off to the side?

Salsa

FootNinja said:
I say find someone to go half with and pay them back over time, depending on how inflated the pricing is in Uruguay.

It really bums me out though to know that i'd be paying twice as much money as you do for a TV.

Currently im fine, but if i ever get the urge to update i think id find a way to buy it on the US. Know some people there, no idea how to get it here though :lol

Tabris

FootNinja said:
Didn't bother fixing the clutter or wires underneath the tv, so Enjoy!

Small recommendation: Get something like the attached image (just white instead of brown) to hide your wires. They are very cheap (you can get from home depot, just a wire duct/track) and would also hide that stain.

25616.jpg

Tabris said:
Small recommendation: Get something like the attached image (just white instead of brown) to hide your wires. They are very cheap and would also hide that stain.

http://www.infobarrel.com/media/image/25616.jpg[/IMG]

This is something I have been wanted to do when I hang up my TV's on the walls. Thank you for the pic, looks clean.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Tabris said:
Small recommendation: Get something like the attached image (just white instead of brown) to hide your wires. They are very cheap and would also hide that stain.

25616.jpg
Wow, You really cant even see that stain irl (I have never seen it before...) Flash is a mother flipper. I'm sure it can be wiped off and I was literally in the middle of testing my component vs HDMI cables which is why they are everywhere. I have since then fixed them into 3 organized wires. I'll take pics after I clean up the area a bit and get that nasty wall stain.

Danielsan

Though I always get jealous when I see Tabris' set up. It's really the view that does it for me. My god the things I'd do to get an apartment with a view like that...
Will post pics of my tiny little room tomorrow.

DonMigs85

SalsaShark said:
I was half joking, im 21.

I dont live in the US, Tv's cost a fuckin ton around here. I get around with a 26 inch (wich costs as much as a 42' there acording to the internet). Small bedroom anyway.
Here in the Philippines they're still pretty expensive compared to the US, but they've dropped a lot in the past couple years.
You can get a Samsung or LG 32" here for about $400 USD.

Ettie

Early, but welcome. Someday I will clean, and post my own setup.
/Aragorn But it is not this day!

Salsa

DonMigs85 said:
Here in the Philippines they're still pretty expensive compared to the US, but they've dropped a lot in the past couple years.
You can get a Samsung or LG 32" here for about $400 USD.

quick search:

sXsRa.png

92ZdP.png

:(

edit: My TV:

Klaa4.png

Top Bottom