• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2016 Edition

2016 PC setup

GK5wDpW.jpg

Trojan

I finished my setup of a new living room PC + VR headset. Got the Corsair Lapdog too so I basically do all my computer gaming in the living room now.

cydXc9G.jpg

wGMwaiU.jpg

5lHGRHO.jpg

BLqUL3I.jpg

I finished my setup of a new living room PC + VR headset. Got the Corsair Lapdog too so I basically do all my computer gaming in the living room now
I really like this because it looks like a space an actual person lives in and uses and not a sterile room for an android.

Baconmonk

I would really love to know, where did you get that monitor riser piece for your desk? It looks like it could be ikea, but I didn't see anything like it when I got my new desk a few weeks ago. I have a 34" Asus predator on the way, and I'd like to have it up away from the desk in a similar way you have it.

Trojan

I really like this because it looks like a space an actual person lives in and uses and not a sterile room for an android.

Exactly, I'd much rather do all my gaming in the main part of my place where I can lounge. I try to fit everything in the background so people don't even notice my setup.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
This freakin dude on Reddit omg

Here is the whole album of photos. Just insanely beautiful.
http://imgur.com/a/5L26p

other than the chair, it looks a cosy and pretty affordable setup. I have a similar setup with the TV and a pulldown screen that comes in front of it, so you can use one set of 5.1 speakers for both. Highly recommended and not that expensive - I think my W1070 was about £500 which is 1/3 what I spent on previous projectors but is really good quality.

other than the chair, it looks a cosy and pretty affordable setup. I have a similar setup with the TV and a pulldown screen that comes in front of it, so you can use one set of 5.1 speakers for both. Highly recommended and not that expensive - I think my W1070 was about £500 which is 1/3 what I spent on previous projectors but is really good quality.

I second the quality of the W1070. I have one in my home theater and love it. I really need to get around to finishing my setup so I can post it here...

The issue for me is one of space. I don't have an extra room to set something like that up in. I'm fortunate to have carved out a corner of my bedroom for an office, a projector would not get WAF status.

Elitist1945

Got a new monitor, put acoustic foam up, and switched some things around:

Desk is an Ikea MICKE (I definitely didn't pay $600 for this so not sure why thats the price) but I took the shelving off (except for the bottom one) so I could put my computer below. The desk is a little wobbly now since it lost some support but I'm working on that.

Monitors are ASUS VN247H-P (left and secondary monitor) and the Dell S2716DG which is now my primary monitor.

I would really love to know, where did you get that monitor riser piece for your desk? It looks like it could be ikea, but I didn't see anything like it when I got my new desk a few weeks ago. I have a 34" Asus predator on the way, and I'd like to have it up away from the desk in a similar way you have it.

It's home made from Ikea parts. Ikea Capita legs and Ikea Ekby Hemnes shelf slab. The Capita legs screws right into the shelf, no other modification needed.

Elitist1945

Looks good but is your primary monitor off centre? Currently it seems like your keyboard is facing the ASUS which I assume is your sitting position.

Yeah thats how it is currently. I'm gonna fiddle around with the layout more. I browse more than I game so thats kinda why I have my Asus in front of me currently.

Hackbert

mhh i also like it simple. very dusty, but felt in the mood to share.

ignore the dead plants. no light for them at this spot... maybe next year i will move in together with my girl in something bigger.

Melchiah

Loving it! It's good for movies and games but you get the best out of it listening music. It synced easily with the TV so I can control both with one remote.

What model is it? I've been looking for one for ages, as I don't have space for a proper sound setup.

EDIT: Just noticed, that you had already mentioned it's Samsung HW-H750. My bad.
EDIT.2: It costs 550€ over here, which is quite a bit out of my range. Oh well, hopefully I can find a decent one for 300€ or less.

DWinn7

Loving this thread. These set ups are motivation!

I'm taking baby steps but currently planning to mount my tv to the wall and figure out how to hide the cords in my apartment. :-/

Rich!

behold my shitty retro set up. Everything is RGB and 60hz.

KTOQyUMl.jpg

531OAgBl.jpg

oGa4AOIl.jpg

JrrGrTpl.jpg

oreknAhl.jpg

dxGV2UGl.jpg

It's all in the spare room until I get a framemeister and move it into the living room for use on my 55" TV. I'll then keep the RGB broadcast monitor at the parents' house or something. Next step in the collection is likely the PC Engine, but I'm pretty satisfied with the consoles I currently have.

NJDEN

That's correct!

I was actually really curious about Schiit products and was wondering if you had those hooked up to your speakers, or headphones only?

If speakers then how's it working out for you? Do you use the Schiit Sys for another RCA input or just for volume control?

UoYNwVol.jpg

3NlFjyql.jpg

Got a few things online, and changed the couch gaming setup a bit.

Corsair Lapdpg with Corsair K70R and Logitech K900 in it. Mad Catz TE2+ for SFV. Running on a GTX1080 rig.

A completely new setup. New rig is based around an i7 6700k / Asus GTX1080 Strix (with another on order).

Monitor box which the rig is sat on will be replaced with a custom built stand.

I made a panel for the right side of the case to hide the internals as I can't get my cabling layout right on that side:

A completely new setup. New rig is based around an i7 6700k / Asus GTX1080 Strix (with another on order).

I made a panel for the right side of the case to hide the internals as I can't get my cabling layout right on that side:

Awesome set up. Would you recommend the speaker stand for the audioengine? I'm still considering if I should get the stands.

Awesome set up. Would you recommend the speaker stand for the audioengine? I'm still considering if I should get the stands.

Thanks. As overpriced as I think the stands are, I would recommend them as they do a great job of angling the speakers towards your ears which I found helped significantly with the sound.

Fenom

What monitor stand are you using here? looks nice!

enemy2k

My PC, had limited space so bought a cool small desk.
d1YP-gYFrlAWiPfgudTyUB2C33XxgT4rjpnvUvEVgu8t7zc0Z-9wUC2YA0JPsZ4ECURb-MNV0-U9xmp0rWRAWgjfrBTDfbG0_HfvBaTBSQIzns_krypYJCaTrKpPsRgAR0munR20iJ7QBKgAHoV-Ub3snEzL3qquVC5t43384qqpwls2uZNp-_q9sVKh-pAu0J1BjQYDuSxsU30Yph4FMIpbtCeHxLhLRcliAkAWP-ZRTHuekZ6rT2oc0hv81asHtnlWua-cFK40ohiNG4AHDc6GWY9CiWvjZsA9qT89m-qHEYTnj9G7X5gNVjHj8z27zHL75xTPKHK7XsR9FYFETplVrgkQvw5rnwcD-VpydjdrivOc6RheLHWgnUINHkKVv2l0_x5nBcD3weun_TNXZNclXInv6w5Vd_ZmGc7I_1zyItZl33OYXvE1qBKQMCjM5taFO7_Oaq9vR__nd0yglPBjHhDk8p45_JDKJvA-82v2r3aQo2RRrVFfO8tHVstIpGIsXyJWCGHXK0S8Sc5bhl49O_0D4Te5KElFq3VyOHPIKvx-88Pknvg65d2MjEScSdK5evOoaxW_L2wjzJDCJmi6oHKBpjA=w1684-h947-no

Here is my tv and console setup. Fallout 4 being output from my PC using HDMI.

tLzaCN8Cw0FYy7V5dPqihUzSnIz8JrUeSGmn7_T4VkkNcR6cZ2_nlDoMPzWmiA75HXoNy78HsKdPRv-4DuW5fHaxgVE5MaHVMVNvNe_ijpSgyu5ih7fbSzhYPkhaH7drgohPB6JXrNOAeWLhrrpR0BmVhVW1latAwpVwmsGkPmyT2GVzuAYPgDtEgRjLWPMCHYPZ495phNpx_LbC3a_Eaypi6epRcQKV_1z7G2UmJlYbvJTMlJjQdFqaicHJW0CB_fVIDauUn1j9gihPcxFe1B3mTg3mtQyZvTPsmSeEZIHSYRZRMD_2l5QEob30SOn729sX8ge7ys-rMG6xSgN3vRWswkwuwIkdxI7anwAYCPFpMMYhn4tz3-OiInYztT8r4yudjVXdUbl_odL2OW4Au7FcTjmcK-e-Yb_wY8rQumw6QYzBbNE9gG4CueNuRPZ8x12b9FRuh0tTrkHfniW6hKGqvsX3l5uxL-BTY2WbM8L3o6qPW5vaP1MFfTxK3e2aik-L9QERUMXaRCUgD4yCBkwQByxRgkY1QRA7cXde2dr720OREOfKtqbbLjXLSqI68h5w5dL_UaDox57VFTf9P18_iumz0vE=w1263-h947-no

Its slightly changed and it has the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 on the tv stand now. And I have a small pc desk (the one pictured above) in the right corner This was taken when I first moved in and build this new TV stand with swivel mount.

Settled into our new home now so I had some time to setup our new room.

This was my old setup.

This is what is was before in the new house.

ubpDEbe.jpg

After a mild renovation.

Still need to tweak a couple of things. Print some covers run some wires, update the ceiling fan and get a window covering of some sort.

sfedai0

Banned
Veeery nice Jake. Older room looked more like a video game wonderland than the new one. Prob the lighting or lack there of in the new room.

paskowitz

Man, building a unique Evolv TG is rough right now... so many nice build like yours. I got mine like a month ago and kinda put it to the side. Now every build I see is a beautiful Evolv TG.

What is the back panel made of? Where did you get that ROG badge?

Man, building a unique Evolv TG is rough right now... so many nice build like yours. I got mine like a month ago and kinda put it to the side. Now every build I see is a beautiful Evolv TG.

What is the back panel made of? Where did you get that ROG badge?

Cheers. I got the metal badge from here:

http://www.modsticker.com/products/Asus-Republic-of-Gamers-ROG-Metal-Logo-Sticker.html

The back panel is made from high impact polystyrene cut to size with holes drilled for the retaining bolts and struck to the inside of the glass with black electrical tape:

Upgraded to a 500gb SSD for boot/games and ditched my 1TB HDD, using my old 120gb SSD boot drive as "storage" now. Took a picture but then realised I forgot to turn off the annoying red PCB light and cba taking a new pic with it turned off lol.

Kf09R5W.jpg

ReaperM3

Neo Member

Hey I'm really digging your setup. I'm gonna be in the process of building a new rig pretty soon after I get a new TV.

Also which Asus monitor is that you're using?

Top Bottom