• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Havoc2049

I think they send it to you when the game hits full release if I remember reading it right.
Ya, I just reread it and I think you’re right.

Unfortunately I had to work yesterday afternoon and evening. Thankfully the game is going back online this evening, so I can play some more.

I think PSO2 looks and plays great. I loved PSO and PSU though, so I'm easy to please.

Cool to see that people outside of North America are able to play PSO2 as well.

CAB_Life

Couldnt agree more, people saying this hasnt aged well just dont appreciate the genre. Its not all about pushing max GFX and shit, the deep systems and complex gameplay are cutting edge as far as I'm concerned it doesnt get better than this. Obviously some people just want eye candy, but this game delivers that as well in places.

This is a hub-based, instanced online action RPG. It is not a traditional MMORPG, and it’s reductive to just hand-wave ‘de graphicz whorez know nuttn’ when there are numerous, desireable modern features and huge, expensive worlds to which we’ve been since introduced. Warframe started with similar mechanics and implementation to PSO/MH and look at how that has evolved—visually and content wise.

I have played everything since MUDs through EQ, WoW, to every Western and Korean grinder under the sun. I certainly appreciate the genre, in fact it’s most of what I play, but this wasn’t for me, nor will it be for many others. No need to start flinging mud or insinuating people are inexperienced simply because they had a different—and evident—takeaway than you.

It’s certainly unique and charming in an antiquated way and it will have an audience and serve them well.

Last edited:
Gameplay was fun but navigating the menus with a controller really didn't feel good - I guess I've been spoiled by FFXIV's flawless controller navigation and UI.
So yeah, I hope the Open Beta is available on PC lol

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I feel sorry for anyone who can't look past the graphics in PSO2. I will say that for some reason the intro cutscene has zero shading and leaves a bad first impression. The in game stuff looks a lot better. Some of the casts models in the story mode cutscenes look amazing, sharpshooter one especially. Right now this game is poised to be my favorite for the gen and I hate ftp games. It's a loot game that focuses on technique instead of just statistics and builds. Which is why the first one has always been my #1 loot game. Because playing around with the combat is close to half the reason I kept playing, rather than just my next loot fix.
Well and i feel a bit sorry for people only wanting to play old stuff

I like my retro stuff at times.
But damn man i still live in 2020

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Gameplay was fun but navigating the menus with a controller really didn't feel good - I guess I've been spoiled by FFXIV's flawless controller navigation and UI.
So yeah, I hope the Open Beta is available on PC lol
You can use KB+M on the Xbox version there’s even a bunch of settings in the options to mess with.

Servers should be back up for the extended playtime for anyone interested.

Freeman76

The wait for the next Beta begins......might even go back to the JP version for a bit, I capped at 75 a long time ago and heard the cap was raised to like 90 now!

Xenon

If you still have the closed beta code on your machine, you can update on the 16th

Last edited:
Top Bottom