• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Siliconera Rumor Street Fighter V Will Include Alex And Urien From Street Fighter III

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBoot

Uhhhh... I wonder if that site is using same list that we already saw long time ago.

I'd have to assume they have something more than that, otherwise the site pretty much loses all its credibility.

But then, I said the same thing when they were trumpeting the FF7 remake, and we saw how that turned out. :p

XenoRaven

Is this like when someone tries to find out who's leaking information by giving a bunch of people different stories that are all lies and then sees which one gets leaked?

I'm assuming when they show up they'll be so different that it's not worth seriously discussing now, like Nash Bison and Birdie. They didn't even just drop in Bison, and he was in the last game!

Yeah but at the same time you have characters like Cammy and Chun. Chun has a bit more stronger changes than Cammy but their overall game seems similar to past versions like Chun seems more SFIV centric despite her changes, and Cammy is pretty much Cammy, but with a stronger gimmick dive that gets old too quickly. She could definitely use some improvements, but then again I'm not sure if it's her that lacks or the game's technical design.

Birdie,Bison and Nash are the perfect examples of how they should be in SFV as Cammy and Chun feel the opposite. Can't say much for Ryu because he's Ryu, but at the same time, I feel that his playstyle has been improved a bit.

Maybe it's just that I want SFV to have a strong technical depth that can rival Alpha 3, Vanguard Princess, 3rd Strike and Garou or even surpass it.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/08/karin-and-r-mika-will-return-for-street-fighter-v/

Now Karin Kanzuki and R. Mika from the Alpha series are supposed to be in the game.
rmika-win-with-gc.gif
<( YAY! THE PROPHETS HAVE SPOKEN!!! )

edit: Anyone else wondering if they'll keep her ability to summon an entire wrestling ring onto the stage just so she can jump off the turnbuckle? XD

Maztorre

Why do I rarely hear any arguments or discussion about adding mechanics, physics, responses, and animations to make these characters viable? Are there pop ups in SFV? I've seen Turn/Spin hit responses from the original preview, but in the latest build it seems they dialed it back a bit into safe territory with less juggle variety.

This is very important when it comes to adding characters. You can't just throw in Alex and Urien without the appropriate properties and assume they'll be worth a damn when you have limited hit responses and air twists like its MVC3.

Stun Meter could justify Alex's entry despite possibly fucking up canon. But still if some of his hits can't turn around a character's body, it just seems... ugh.

Same with Urien not popping up from elbow.

I think there isn't much concern about it because it seems obvious that Capcom won't "drag and drop" returning characters with no regard for their viability, especially after seeing how Nash, Birdie and even Bison have been revamped.

With regards to mechanics, I would really love for Aegis Reflector to be Urien's V-Trigger rather than a Critical Art, with something completely new as his V-skill to build meter for it. Like, maybe reworking his ground pound taunt into the V-skill, and making it an OTG hit? So you would sacrifice opportunities on their wakeup early in the round to build V-meter, with the payoff of getting an amazing setup tool like Aegis later on.

Sesha

They could be wrong, or it could be they heard R. Mika is going to be in the game, but not when.

Oro's fairly likely too. We already have 3 SF2 though!

4. Ryu, Chunners, Bison and Cammy.

2 characters from each game/series?

Juri and Viper confirmed from SFIV&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;&#65533;

We're probably getting four per series, at least for Alpha and SF3. I can see the roster being six from 2, four from Alpha, four from 3, two from 4, and with four newcomers.

Ryu, Chun-Li, M. Bison, Cammy, ?, ?
Charlie, Birdie, Karin, ?
Alex, Urien, ?, ?
Juri, ?
Laura, Zen, Rachid, ?

would be my guess in that case.

I think there isn't much concern about it because it seems obvious that Capcom won't "drag and drop" returning characters with no regard for their viability, especially after seeing how Nash, Birdie and even Bison have been revamped.
-Grits teeth and looks over to SFIV.- Plus I think Cammy still needs more work done.

With regards to mechanics, I would really love for Aegis Reflector to be Urien's V-Trigger rather than a Critical Art, with something completely new as his V-skill to build meter for it. Like, maybe reworking his ground pound taunt into the V-skill, and making it an OTG hit?
So you would sacrifice opportunities on their wakeup early in the round to build V-meter, with the payoff of getting an amazing setup tool like Aegis later on.

I actually would like that. Either that or a "hard body" activation.

Sesha

Every "leak" has Alex and Urien just because they are two of the most obvious picks imaginable. Heck, I could probably make a leak and probably be at least 40-50 % on the ball with it.

-Grits teeth and looks over to SFIV.- Plus I think Cammy still needs more work done.
Agreed on Cammy. Commentators like J.Chen kept saying how 'strong' she was yet she lost almost all the matches she was in during the tournament and one of combofiend's few losses during the exhibition matches was when he was playing as her.

Having given her a quick shot myself I'm still dissapointed they gave her spinning knuckle to her as a v-skill but left it as unimpressive as before. I guess I should at least be grateful it turns around now when you go past people but when I experimented with that property i usually got punched in the face for it as the turn-around feels like it tags on a little bit extra to the wind-up :p Removing the low off her spiral arrow just seems like Capcom's continued war on her having any kind of high-low mixup and you can still pretty much weather her assault outside of grabs by just crouch-blocking (long story short: I've always been bitter since they added the ability to just duck her hooligan throw)
I still can't believe they removed her air throw though -.-

I'm guessing they're trying to make her more and more about the rushdown but it's irksome to me because I actually played her a bit more methodically with a less frenetic mix-up so it saddens me they seem dead-set on removing all the tools I used for it :/

Ferrio

Banned
Terrible characters. They may be ok in Alpha, but they're way too cartoony for the "regular" series.

Ya they'd feel outta place with the green guy who generates electricity, and the indian that can stretch and shoot fire out his mouth.

Agreed on Cammy. Commentators like J.Chen kept saying how 'strong' she was yet she lost almost all the matches she was in during the tournament and one of combofiend's few losses during the exhibition matches was when he was playing as her.

Having given her a quick shot myself I'm still dissapointed they gave her spinning knuckle to her as a v-skill but left it as unimpressive as before. I guess I should at least be grateful it turns around now when you go past people but when I experimented with that property i usually got punched in the face for it as the turn-around feels like it tags on a little bit extra to the wind-up :p Removing the low off her spiral arrow just seems like Capcom's continued war on her having any kind of high-low mixup and you can still pretty much weather her assault outside of grabs by just crouch-blocking (long story short: I've always been bitter since they added the ability to just duck her hooligan throw)
I still can't believe they removed her air throw though -.-

I'm guessing they're trying to make her more and more about the rushdown but it's irksome to me because I actually played her a bit more methodically with a less frenetic mix-up so it saddens me they seem dead-set on removing all the tools I used for it :/
Exactly. The problem with the attempt of Rush down design for Cammy is the lack of variety and mix up she has. Like by default she's a fierce character but she can easily get shut down by a better character once she's figured out. Same can be said for most characters about her tools doesn't seem as strong and lasting at all. Even Charlie's teleport seem to have a stronger mix up game in the long run. Its a damn shame about them removing the low hit from her spiral arrow too. It was the best thing they did for her in SFIV.

I think Ono really needs to look over the technical details and properties in SFV. Right now it's starting to look linear with some characters.

Exactly. The problem with the attempt of Rush down design for Cammy is the lack of variety and mix up she has. Like by default she's a fierce character but she can easily get shut down by a better character once she's figured out. Same can be said for most characters about her tools doesn't seem as strong and lasting at all. Even Charlie's teleport seem to have a stronger mix up game in the long run. Its a damn shame about them removing the low hit from her spiral arrow too. It was the best thing they did for her in SFIV.

I think Ono really needs to look over the technical details and properties in SFV. Right now it's starting to look linear with some characters.

Well, I can't say for the other characters but I definitely agree that Cammy feels a bit linear due to her options being constantly cut back, though I obviously don't have an in-depth knowledge of her from just a couple of matches in a single night and they did say somewhere that both she and birdie are still somewhat in progress.
I think it speaks volumes, however, that I was the only Cammy at the event who actually made any real use of the hooligan and spin knuckle: pretty much everyone else who played her kept trying to spam her cannon strike like it was the only move she had XD
Then again that might be why I won all the Cammy mirror matches despite constantly dropping my combos and forgetting to use v-trigger :p

I'm just really hoping that they hadn't got around to adding her air throw rather than it actually being removed from her because it seems like a really odd change.

fresquito

I have never played with any of the rumored characters, but from a simple design point of view, they all range from mediocre to terrible. This Urien and Mika heroes are... saying terrible would be an understatement. Karin... well... okay, she is kinda a sexier version of Sakura, I can get that much. Alex is probably the best out of the bunch. Not a fan of any of them.

I hope they are at least very fun to play if they finally make it into the game.

Dremark

Banned
I have never played with any of the rumored characters, but from a simple design point of view, they all range from mediocre to terrible. This Urien and Mika heroes are... saying terrible would be an understatement. Karin... well... okay, she is kinda a sexier version of Sakura, I can get that much. Alex is probably the best out of the bunch. Not a fan of any of them.

I hope they are at least very fun to play if they finally make it into the game.

Other than both being school girls there aren't a lot of similarities between Karin and Sakura and there's basically no gameplay similarities either.

Karin, Urien and Alex all have pretty unique playstyles and while I played a lot more Karin than the other two they are all fjn to play.

I never really cared for Mika but I don't have problem with her inclusion either.

Negaduck

Heres an idea of the crazy stuff urien could do in 3s.

https://youtu.be/cHgqnaXaIT0

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Except for Urien, I pretty much agree. The good thing is that all of these characters have only been in one iteration of Street Fighter, so they have a lot of freedom to make them interesting. Maybe not as much as with Birdie, but still. I hope they go crazy with them.

No comment.

Gameplay-wise they're very unique and fun to play characters. Plus there's also the chance their designs will be tweaked like other SF5 characters.
On a side note
Karin... well... okay, she is kinda a sexier version of Sakura
Drillhair is life, drillhair is justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom