• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity a disaster for you? Take a look at Cities: Skylines (not related to CitiesXL)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I've been watching Quill's stream for a bit and other than the fact that I find him a terrible city planner the game looks awesome. Does anyone know if there are one way roads? If not that is a major omission.

Quill has a video going over roads on his Youtube channel, I linked to it earlier.

Okay, so I need some advice. I aborted completing my gaming PC a few years ago, I have a video card-less PC, with an Core i5 processor and 8gb of RAM. I want to play this game. what not bank-breaking video card should I consider to play this game?

When they say the "recommended" video card is a GTX 660, are they saying that will give you a solid framerate with high settings? Or is that a baseline for playability.

Seanspeed

Banned
Okay, so I need some advice. I aborted completing my gaming PC a few years ago, I have a video card-less PC, with an Core i5 processor and 8gb of RAM. I want to play this game. what not bank-breaking video card should I consider to play this game?

When they say the "recommended" video card is a GTX 660, are they saying that will give you a solid framerate with high settings? Or is that a baseline for playability.
Recommended usually means at least Medium/High settings with decent(30fps+) performance. They're never super accurate, though.

MLCodest

Northernlion is way better at this than I expected him to be.

After watching a lot of content on this though I am truly hyped beyond belief. Game looks incredible.

Closer to baseline.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

In the interview that Psykoboy2 did, Mariina said that the bottleneck is CPU, so that's the most important component. The game overall doesn't seem to be that graphically intensive. As far as what "recommended" means, I feel like lots of developers use that term differently.

Megasoum

Banned
The game looks amazing but I dunno... I'm a bit intimated by those kind of games. Like it looks really fun but I know I will give up too soon lol.

Grief.exe

I could watch Let's Play videos of this all day, though I don't want to as that may damage my personal enjoyment of the game when it is released.

Why doesn't Quill just build interchanges??? Frustrating me. You will know what I'm referring to if you watch the videos.

The game looks amazing but I dunno... I'm a bit intimated by those kind of games. Like it looks really fun but I know I will give up too soon lol.

Banished is a good introduction city builder.

The learning curve is sharp initially, but once you understand the system the curve becomes more linear. The new mechanics hit a wall due to the game's setting, so there is little risk of becoming overwhelmed as the game progresses.

Psykoboy2

Great, thorough interview. Thanks for getting my question in!

Thanks! I really have everyone here to thank who submitted questions. It was all from you folks. Like I said, I'll be streaming on our Twitch channel later tonight. I don't have the smallest fraction of a viewer base these big guys do so pop in the chat room and get me to do things with the game you'd like to see or know about.

jtb

Banned
regarding performance: I like to play these kinds of games on the go and I've had pretty good performance even with big cities with tons of transit lines in Cities in Motion 2 (which all based on the same tech, albiet two years older) playing on a 2012 Macbook Air, which has a pretty decent integrated graphics chip, but integrated graphics nonetheless. I'd personally be surprised if this was particularly graphics card intensive comparatively, especially with the comments of it being CPU bottlenecked.

Thanks for the replies. My PC is above their recommended CPU and memory specs, so I think I'm going to have a good time playing this when I grab a GPU.

Quill went form 27k to 17k population. What happened?

I don't know if this has anything to do with it in this type of game, but he's bad at it. Like, really, frustratingly bad. Whenever I watch him lay down some fucked up intersection/railroad/metro I die a little inside. Seems like traffic is hugely important for delivering services, and his roads are horrible.

Stiler

lmao @ Quil's stream, he's got a huge train traffic jam on his railroad tracks, like literally 10+ trains backed up.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Quill sucks at this game lol....I'd like to think I would do better. I'd probably get put on blast if I streamed this game though.

Top Bottom