• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

Saikyo

Charge partitioning for Parasoul should be interesting...now about being useful I dont know, I would let it so players could experiment and see what happens.

Maybe could be more useful for future charge characters?

Good to see Mike Z and Lab Zero so open about developing the game.

Crocodile

1 Black Dahlia
1 Feng
1 Eliza
1 Beowulf
1 Isaac
1 Venus
1 Aeon
8 Marie
8 Annie
8 Beatrix
8 Scythana
8 Roxie
8 Panzerfaust
14 Stanley
14 Hive
14 Brain Drain
14 Molly
18 D. Violet
18 Taliesin
18 Hubrecht
21 Mrs. Victoria
21 Regina
23 Umbrella
23 Ileum
23 Ottomo
23 Yu-Wan
23 Minette
28 Leduc
28 Andy
28 Adam
28 Samson

In the end I voted for Isaac, Beowulf, Feng and Black Dahlia. Already feeling a bit of regret though and maybe I should have voted Aeon instead of Isaac? Also I guess I like Panzerfaust more than I thought I did? TOO MANY CHOICES! Hopefully voting becomes easier in the following rounds.

Saikyo

Gonna sound like a total n00b here, but what's Charge Partitioning? I feel like after seeing it on this list for Parasoul as a possible change I should know what to expect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJQf61mvyWo

Its a feature in third strike that allows you to keep you charge time if you do quickly down back, forward/dash and down back again, allowing you to dash but still possible to do a special attack using charge command (like the double elbow rush from urien) ou do a barrage of "sonic booms" (for Remy).

Helps some characters in Third Strike, if it wasnt for this Remy could be more low tier than he is already...

Tried this with a controller but hurts my fingers...its more possible in arcade sticks.

joe2187

Banned
Venus is still my number one.

But even then, Minette > Marie by a long shot.

Oh, and Scythana has gross feet.

Scythana may have gross feet

but literally everything about Venus is 10 times more gross.

She's made up of teeth, tongues, eyes and I think the primordial serpents from dark souls

tumblr_lwzcjnfN8X1qbqg2u.jpg

Moonlight

Banned
For gross characters, Ileum is my number one. Straight up.

Man, do I absolutely love the animation work, Peacock's especially so.
No kidding. The immense detail, creativity and personality that Peacock's animation showcased was what really caught my attention with Skullgirls.

NEO0MJ

No kidding. The immense detail, creativity and personality that Peacock's animation showcased was what really caught my attention with Skullgirls.

Yep, definitely the star of the show. The little details in her moves are amazing, though you have to pause sometimes to catch the quirkier ones.

Ravidrath

Yep, definitely the star of the show. The little details in her moves are amazing, though you have to pause sometimes to catch the quirkier ones.

Jon pretty much did all of Peacock's keyframe animation all by himself - that dude is so talented.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
For gross characters, Ileum is my number one. Straight up.

Jojo's reference? Awesome. Hsien-ko? Who gives a shit. Garbage Day? What the fuc*, that's the best reference to be put in a fighting game ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJQf61mvyWo

Its a feature in third strike that allows you to keep you charge time if you do quickly down back, forward/dash and down back again, allowing you to dash but still possible to do a special attack using charge command (like the double elbow rush from urien) ou do a barrage of "sonic booms" (for Remy).

Helps some characters in Third Strike, if it wasnt for this Remy could be more low tier than he is already...

Tried this with a controller but hurts my fingers...its more possible in arcade sticks.

Hmm, if hey do decide to implement that I could see it working somewhat well for the Napalm Shot, Pillar, and maybe the heavy Egret charge, but even so I can see how it may not be needed outside Napalm Pillar since the other two are essentially projectiles.

Spoiler because some people might not be willing to accept the truth.

Double has the jiggliest boobs in the entire game.

Also, I need an SG anime. A legit made in Japan anime.

NEO0MJ

I think a cartoon would work better, whenever I imagine a skullgirls show the first thing that comes to mind is venture bros.

Also, considering how close we are to the second vote who do you guys think will be kicked off the list? My bet is on Leduc and Ileum not making it, probably Mrs.Victoria and Adam, too.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
I think a cartoon would work better, whenever I imagine a skullgirls show the first thing that comes to mind is venture bros.

Also, considering how close we are to the second vote who do you guys think will be kicked off the list? My bet is on Leduc and Ileum not making it, probably Mrs.Victoria and Adam, too.

Leduc definitely. Regina, Roxie, Yu-Wan, Hive, D. Violet, and Beatrix. They've got like no hype going on for them. Regina just sounds completely uninteresting, and I think I've only heard specific mention of Beatrix once. Roxie is cool as a strong black female character, but a lot of other characters have more going on gameplay-wise.

dan2026

Personally I would prefer a Skullgirls comic.

Is not insanely out of the question like a cartoon/anime series would be.

wildfire

Banned

It doesn't have to be made in Japan but I would like to see how SG2's story develops. It certainly is a lot better than anything served up by Tekken or SF and potentially could be a good show but I don't know if I could handle watching something like another Stargate SG1 or Sliders if they stick with leveraging the whole multiple universe aspect. I prefer my storylines having cohesion and this type of story makes it challenging and annoying.

Yeah, and if you time it right, I think you can kill up to three with a single attack.

We almost had an ant-saving Trophy/Achievement.
Yeah, I had some fun with that initially. If I had to pick a favorite animation it might be Peacock's jumping heavy kick. I think she opens a tear in the floor under her so her steel dentures can pop out from underneath like a bear trap for her opponent. It's probably one of my favorite moves for high low mixups when used with her item drops.

Crocodile

During the latest Lab Zero stream, they previewed a new (non-final obviously) version of the HUD:

newhud.jpg

Now instead of the tiny portrait on the side you get the characters name on each bar. Active character now seems to the be top bar instead of the bottom. I have no idea if that's staying or not though.

NEO0MJ

Yeah, and if you time it right, I think you can kill up to three with a single attack.

We almost had an ant-saving Trophy/Achievement.

Wow, that's new to me. Also, will we get the results tonight or will we know them after the 2nd poll starts?

Cyrano

Scythana may have gross feet

but literally everything about Venus is 10 times more gross.

She's made up of teeth, tongues, eyes and I think the primordial serpents from dark souls

tumblr_lwzcjnfN8X1qbqg2u.jpg
So what you're saying is that she's a very happy gal right? ;)

Dachande

I think he's said in the past that we'll have to wait for the next vote email to find out who made the cut, but I don't know which thread that was in... am I remembering right, Ravi?

I'm wondering, do you guys receive anything for new sales of SG now, or are all past and future payments blocked by the Autumn Games lawsuit? Because I just double dipped on PS3 because I want the patch now and the ability to play online, and it'd be nice to know if you're getting something for it!

During the latest Lab Zero stream, they previewed a new (non-final obviously) version of the HUD:

newhud.jpg

Now instead of the tiny portrait on the side you get the characters name on each bar. Active character now seems to the be top bar instead of the bottom. I have no idea if that's staying or not though.

For some reason, I had always wanted the HUD to be neon tubes that burn out when you lose life, and if you defeat an opponent with a super the bar explodes and the phosphor dust falls down from the screen

So, before Ravid drops the list on us, anyone wanna make predictions?

Here's mine:

Minette Umbrella Marie Annie
Stanley Feng Eliza Beowulf
Panzerfaust Molly Isaac Venus
Aeon Scythana Adam B.Dahlia

I'm not as certain about the last three.

And I have no idea how the next round could possibly look.

LuffyZoro

So, before Ravid drops the list on us, anyone wanna make predictions?

Here's mine:

Minette Umbrella Marie Annie
Stanley Feng Eliza Beowulf
Panzerfaust Molly Isaac Venus
Aeon Scythana Adam B.Dahlia

I'm not as certain about the last three.

And I have no idea how the next round could possibly look.

Isaac's going to make it through this round, and probably the next. After that, I dunno.

Crossing fingers that Roxie makes it through even though there hasn't been much hype for her. Maybe there's a very large, very quiet army of Roxie fans out there, ya never know.

Top Bottom