• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

Character Vote 2: Aggregate Character Ranking

Beowulf
Minette
Annie
B. Dahlia
Isaac
Aeon
Stanley
Panzerfaust
Feng
Venus
Marie
Scythana
Molly
Umbrella
Brain Drain
Taliesin
D. Violet
Ileum
Roxie
Beatrix
Mrs. Victoria
Leduc
Adam
Hubrecht
Andy
Hive
Ottomo
Samson
Yu-Wan
Regina

Top 3 Characters

11038 votes : Beowulf
9439 votes: Minette
9415 votes: Annie
With the conclusion of the second character vote, we’re now ready to reveal the full results of both character votes!

Character Vote 1: Round 1

26.6% : Eliza
24.7% : Isaac
24.4% : Annie
23.6% : Minette
23.3% : Stanley
21.7% : Aeon
21.1% : Panzerfaust
20.8% : Beowulf
20.3% : Venus
20.1% : B. Dahlia
18.8% : Feng
15.5%: Marie
13.8% : Molly
12.6% : Brain Drain
11.8% : Umbrella
10.6% : Scythana
9.3% : Roxie
8.1% : Mrs. Victoria
7.9% : D. Violet
7.8% : Taliesin
7.2% : Samson
7.1% : Beatrix
6.2% : Hubrecht
6.1% : Leduc
5.7% : Adam
4.7% : Ileum
4.7% : Yu-Wan
4.5% : Andy
4.4% : Hive
4.0% : Ottomo
2.5% : Regina

Total Votes : 12012

Character Vote 1: Round 2

25.3% : Eliza
23.5% : Minette
23.1% : Annie
22.7% : Isaac
22.6% : Beowulf
22.1% : Stanley
20.5%: Aeon
20.3% : Panzerfaust
19.9% : B. Dahlia
18.6% : Venus
17.7% : Feng
15.2% : Molly
13.6% : Marie
12.4% : Brain Drain
12.0%: Scythana
10.7%: Umbrella

Total Votes: 11180

Character Vote 1: Round 3

31.0% : Eliza
28.1% : Annie
27.9% : Minette
24.2% : Aeon
24.1% : Beowulf
21.9% : Isaac
21.9% : Stanley
20.8% : Panzerfaust

Total Votes: 11249

Character Vote 1: Final Round

30.9% : Eliza
25.5% : Annie
24.3% : Minette
19.4% : Aeon

Total Votes: 11202
For the next page!

DR2K

Banned
Queen Eliza was always number 1. Good shit Skull fans. Beowolf got in 2nd round due to her freed up votes since he was pretty far off with her in it.

TheOGB

Banned
THE DELICIOUS STATSSSSSSSSSS

Goddamn, Eliza, at least 25% of the vote consistently

I don't know who, but someone needs to hold dat shit

Nyoro SF

Wow, the male female disparity in Top 8 first round is interesting, as is Panzerfaust initially leading over Beowulf. Also of note is Aeon consistently outranking characters I thought were more popular, and how much Isaac struggled as the vote went on.

The vote 2 ranking confuses me. Did the vote-counting get locked at top 3? If so, that's the sole reason Beowulf won; I'm certain that the great majority of Annie voters listed Minette as a close alternate and vice versa.

Ravidrath

The vote 2 ranking confuses me. Did the vote-counting get locked at top 3? If so, that's the sole reason Beowulf won; I'm certain that the great majority of Annie voters listed Minette as a close alternate and vice versa.

No, we just did that for comparison / stat purposes.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm not surprised at all to see Eliza always in the lead, that's what I figured. All things considered Annie is closer than I expected for vote 1; thankfully non-shit taste prevailed.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
*sigh* Woulda had Minette if not for Beowulf, eh? Doh (ok, this isn't entirely true, but you know what I mean.) I guess a dude had to rise to the top for round 2.

Annie support was also crazy high. The fact the 2 were so close is a testament to their fanbases.

Eh, I prefer to not think about the situation until we at least have 1 character in our hands! The thoughts of what could have been are still too fresh. Minette or Annie would have probably meant more to the upcoming Japanese Arcade release than Beo... But I suppose either of them could have just taken away from Squigly...

Nyoro SF

No, we just did that for comparison / stat purposes.

Excellent. So then I was wrong about Annie and Minette voters being congruent.

Also I was close with the comment of Annie being 2nd place twice. Very close in that second vote, I can see why Annie is the first candidate for completion past the story-based characters.

NEO0MJ

I knew Eliza was constantly winning. It's interesting that in both rounds he showed up in Brain Drain had almost the same number of voters, which were 12.4% and 12.6%. B.Dhalia also had a similar result, where the only difference between the rounds was 0.2%, same as Brain Drain.

But there was a big difference in Round 2. Funny thing is that in both polls Regina was on the bottom.

*sigh* Woulda had Minette if not for Beowulf, eh? Doh (ok, this isn't entirely true, but you know what I mean.) I guess a dude had to rise to the top for round 2.

Annie support was also crazy high. The fact the 2 were so close is a testament to their fanbases.

Eh, I prefer to not think about the situation until we at least have 1 character in our hands! The thoughts of what could have been are still too fresh. Minette or Annie would have probably meant more to the upcoming Japanese Arcade release than Beo... But I suppose either of them could have just taken away from Squigly...
Then again you have Beowulf wolf hoodies for TF2. Imagine the monies from Steam bros.
Excellent. So then I was wrong about Annie and Minette voters being congruent.

Also I was close with the comment of Annie being 2nd place twice. Very close in that second vote, I can see why Annie is the first candidate for completion past the story-based characters.
Minette, Annie and Feng in a sequel would make Japanese Skullgirls fans wig out something fierce.

NEO0MJ

Minette, Annie and Feng in a sequel would make Japanese Skullgirls fans wig out something fierce.

Ehhh, Feng doesn't seem that popular, she only beat Venus of the top ten. But where the fuck are those Aeon fans? She's consistently one of the highest ranked characters but you barely hear a peep out of her fans.

One thing that makes me sad about these polls is that it seems Brain Drain has no chance of making it, as in both polls he's ranked #14.

Wow, Eliza was a beast. So much for people saying she was a left over pick for people. She had it wrapped up on day one.

And male vote splitting really was a factor in the first vote. (I still wonder what would of happened had Beowulf made it to the first top 4...) The top 4 guys all had really solid support, but Beowulf was the only one who gained support as the vote went along. (Interesting that Isaac was the top guy at the very beginning, but his support continued to fade as the vote went on. Seems to me that a lot of people had him as a backup but dropped him toward the end.)

Also, Aeon has a strong consistent group of supporters. That's pretty cool. And Minette beating Annie at the end? That's a surprise to me. She really surged at the end. (B. Dahlia too.) I think Annie and Minette really did fight for a lot of the same voter base, and it hurt both.

But most of all, I'm happy to see that Beowulf won by a nice 1,600 vote difference. The only character in the whole vote who's support grew (percentage wise) every vote. :D

Thanks Ravi!

Moonlight

Banned
I love how often Annie and Minette were apparently fighting with each other for second place. Glad to see how consistent that Annie was, in any case. I guess we were due for disappointment either way, though, with Minette clawing her way just past her in that second vote.

So a lot of Minette voters didn't transfer to Annie? That's very interesting.

Wait, why would they? Those two were always in a position to split, if overlap did exist.

I don't know if overlap existed or not, but if a non-trivial amount did.. I think it's pretty likely to assume that if either one of those two had won, both would have.

EDIT: Ahh, I get it now. R2 voting format. So they may not overlap... but at least knowing the format, proponents of one still had incentive to downplay the other, so it's not really conclusive.

I'm a little bummed but also proud that Feng pushed 17-19% of the vote when she was in the runnings. She's clearly SG2 shortlist material! *wink nudge etc*

I think the only design that underperformed a lot that shouldn't have was Hive. I wish she'd gotten more attention.

Ehhh, Feng doesn't seem that popular, she only beat Venus of the top ten. But where the fuck are those Aeon fans? She's consistently one of the highest ranked characters but you barely hear a peep out of her fans.

One thing that makes me sad about these polls is that it seems Brain Drain has no chance of making it, as in both polls he's ranked #14.
She is the fifth most popular female and the token chinese girl. Of course they'll love her. As for Aeon fans... someone on Skullheart said it best. Jojos fans are a timid lot.

Being #14 doesn't doom anyone either. It means he is still more popular than half the cast lol.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Then again you have Beowulf wolf hoodies for TF2. Imagine the monies from Steam bros.

Probably monetary superior, I guess. Would be quite cool if these outside streams of income could help get us even more characters, but thats quite a ways off...

I love how often Annie and Minette were apparently fighting with each other for second place. Glad to see how consistent that Annie was, in any case. I guess we were due for disappointment either way, though, with Minette clawing her way just past her in that second vote.

Annie fans probably have the least time to wait for their chara, compared to the other near-winners. So some of the least disappointment of any of the losers!

Really gotta hope the working occuring alongside the character releases helps to ensure the game series future by the time we recieve 'Wulf.

kirblar

Wait, why would they? Those two were always in a position to split, if overlap did exist.

I don't know if overlap existed or not, but if a non-trivial amount did.. I think it's pretty likely to assume that if either one of those two had won, both would have.

EDIT: Ahh, I get it now. R2 voting format. So they may not overlap... but at least knowing the format, proponents of one still had incentive to downplay the other, so it's not really conclusive.

I'm a little bummed but also proud that Feng pushed 17-19% of the vote when she was in the runnings. She's clearly SG2 shortlist material! *wink nudge etc*

I think the only design that underperformed a lot that shouldn't have was Hive. I wish she'd gotten more attention.
Oh, I meant Annie voters transferring to Minette, blah.

Essentially, Beowulf needed at least 41% of Annie votes to go to him instead of Minette, and he pulled it off. Which is surprising, considering a lot of us had lumped those two fanbases together.

Oh, I meant Annie voters transferring to Minette, blah.

Essentially, Beowulf needed at least 41% of Annie votes to go to him instead of Minette, and he pulled it off. Which is surprising, considering a lot of us had lumped those two fanbases together.

I think if you consider the context here, you could still be right. It's just that in the first format, they were pitted directly against each other, and the results of the first vote clearly influenced the second--despite the format being less divisive.

We needed to see a situation where you could clearly vote for one but not the other, to know for sure.

I love how often Annie and Minette were apparently fighting with each other

Just like their fanbases!

Seriously where the hell did people get the idea those two overlapped.

Annie fans probably have the least time to wait for their chara, compared to the other near-winners. So some of the least disappointment of any of the losers!

IF we get any DLC after these 5 + maybe the 3 remaining canon story required characters that is. Honestly, I expect to see her as one of the new characters for the currently hypothetical sequel rather than DLC.

Nah, I'd say poor Regina has more to worry about than those two.

I'm still REALLY surprised about her. Like, not even beating Yu Wan? Really?

Beckx

Good news that Molly was in spttin' distance of top 10!

I think the vote bears out that Annie voters and Minette voters were two different groups, ranking the other character low in the final vote.

I would love to know the top 10 before IRV kicked in. Who had most first place votes?

Nyoro SF

I think the vote bears out that Annie voters and Minette voters were two different groups, ranking the other character low in the final vote.

I would love to know the top 10 before IRV kicked in. Who had most first place votes?

Same here. I need more info from round 2 if possible. Who got the most #1 and #30 votes?

Regina. ;-;

I seem to have voted for the frontrunner in Round 1 and the bottom of the barrel in Round 2. Cannot wait to be rocking TeamMusic.

Heh, Annie lost to fish bitch by a couple of votes

Where's that Minette killed by Beowulf gif when you need it?

edit: nvm lol

Beowulfdropkick_zps2e48991c.gif

Espada

Wow, Eliza was #1 in each stage of the first character vote. Compared to the Annie and Minette campaigns she didn't have much fanfare, but that sleeper vote kept her on the throne.

Beowulf had a really healthy lead over Minette and Annie in round 2, and I'm happy to see Black Dahlia and Isaac in the top 5.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Just like their fanbases!

Seriously where the hell did people get the idea those two overlapped.

I guess everyone saw "Small and Cute!" and thought that meant something. It really doesn't work though... It's almost akin to saying "Spiderman and Spawn fanbases overlap, because they're both super heroes! and their face mask kinda look the same! And both have red!" Whereas one of the friendly, loved-by-all motif, and the other appears to be a normal hero on the outside, but is more of a dark, cynical jab at convention, once you get to know them.

IF we get any DLC after these 5 + maybe the 3 remaining canon story required characters that is. Honestly, I expect to see her as one of the new characters for the currently hypothetical sequel rather than DLC.

I feel that has to do with how the next years worth of content creation goes, and how games end up working on new consoles. If the PC community is thriving, the game is actually a hit in arcades, and "SG 1" starts being a serious fighting game fixture, it'd be kinda weird to throw it all away, and start anew.

All those voicepacks, new story modes, new stages, IGG backer Palettes and themes... it'd be odd to start over with Skillgirls 2, but I guess this just gets worse and worse as 1 contnues to expand, soooo....

Molly's spot feels about what I'd expect from the fact that she actually survied better than I'd have initially thought. The loss of character who were far out of range of the general publics taste seems less painful, since dreaming for them has felt like a longshot from the start, I guess...

With all the Annie VS Minette stuff, I really hope they get a special VS intro in the game, later down the line, ha. Something that points out just how different their personalities are would be fun to see.

It's nice to see my top 2 picks were always fighting at the top, I wanted Annie the most but I wouldn't have minded Minette.

Dudebros always ruin everything, as we can see today with the xbox reveal which was a joke. :p

Only non playble. Ever.

They are destined(at least Annie) to be made if LabZero doesn't die in the near future.

Top Bottom