• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I really wish they'd use a pic of Molly that communicates that she might be riding a mech a la Tron Bonne. You can't trust everyone to check out the concepts page.

DLC_Molly3.png

#TeamMolly
#TeamBeowulf
#TeamEliza
#TeamBrainDrain

Mista Koo

Ravi could you please take snapshots of the results every day, or even better every 6 hours?
It would be fun to watch the changes after we're done.

Edit: I meant take them as in keep them at hand, and release them when both polls are closed.

Ultimadrago

That is slightly inaccurate. It will be 8 weeks. It takes a lot of time to make the characters so they see no need to vote for both extra DLC in a 4 week span.

I was only talking about the first fan-voted DLC character.

I believe they will be going through the same process for both separate sessions.

LuffyZoro

Put my down a vote for Aeon, Isaac, Molly and Panzerfaust.

This is me, except I had to support Leduc instead of Molly, even though he's going to lose.

He‘s not allowed to do that.

He's also not going to bother regardless. First thing we'll know about the results is when round two enters our inboxes.

I think he means that Ravi would take the screenshots, then show them to us after all the voting was finished.

Dachande

That is slightly inaccurate. It will be 8 weeks. It takes a lot of time to make the characters so they see no need to vote for both extra DLC in a 4 week span.

On top of that, the results of the first vote will surely influence the second. We'll see who the popular ones are as others are eliminated, the non-surprises and the ones no one expected... there'll be an element of tactical voting for sure in the second vote, and people will take second looks at characters they didn't pay much attention to the first time round.

Ravi, you reckon the current votes are surprising still? I don't think you should say who's leading what, but I wonder if the next round of 16 will contain some interesting choices.

Beckx

I really wish they'd use a pic of Molly that communicates that she might be riding a mech a la Tron Bonne. You can't trust everyone to check out the concepts page.

DLC_Molly3.png

#TeamMolly
#TeamBeowulf
#TeamEliza
#TeamBrainDrain

Ah, crap, I totally forgot they released that concept. You're right, I would have voted for her.

Voted for: Isaac, Black Dahlia, Stanley, Taliesin, but would have swapped Stanley for Molly had I remembered that. Damn.

wildfire

Banned
Good news for people who like Zone. Bad news for people hoping for Juju.

http://dreadwhoop.tumblr.com/post/46806073266/a-challenger-appears-skullgirls-dlc-zone-tan

:p

On top of that, the results of the first vote will surely influence the second. We'll see who the popular ones are as others are eliminated, the non-surprises and the ones no one expected... there'll be an element of tactical voting for sure in the second vote, and people will take second looks at characters they didn't pay much attention to the first time round.

Ravi, you reckon the current votes are surprising still? I don't think you should say who's leading what, but I wonder if the next round of 16 will contain some interesting choices.

It's pretty obvious who will be top 16. The only characters who came out of nowhere to surprise me in terms of likability or Ottomo and Umbrella.

It's surprising that a lot of people don't mind having a kid in a fighting game. I guess I should've seen this coming because in spite of Minette being completely helpless in a physical confrontation people were itching to vote for her because she's too cute to pass up.

It's doubly surprising because the Parasoul storyline pretty much makes it clear Umbrella would become available in SKullgirls 2 or as DLC if Reverge hadn't gotten into legal issues.
While the rumors of Japan salivating over Marie was a hint that this issue would be a non-factor I think the lack of hype over Umbrella before the past week is a more compelling argument.

As for Ottomo I simply wrote him off because like the vast majority of bottom 16 I regard his art design lacking mass appeal. His gameplay is even boring when you ignore that the dance moves that are implied to not add anything unique like the other musical related mechancis for other characters. Somehow this character is appealing in ways that I simply can't comprehend.

Maybe it's the fact it is a tiny Dagonian in a powersuit considering the choices for Dagonians are pretty slim.
Maybe people are really desperate for another ranged combat character even though he adds nothing refreshing in the way Peacock and Parasoul did.
Maybe people just love the dancing gimmick even though it is currently all flash and no substance.

The only thing about the character that is interesting is the storyline but I would bet story would rank last behind looks and gameplay in that question being asked in the poll.

J-Tier

Isaac
Aeon
Venus and
Eliza

It was a toss up between Black Dahlia and Aeon for me, though I went for the character that I was "sold" on first.

kirblar

Voted for

Eliza
Stanley
Samson
Aeon

Go team!

And yeah, I'd just go ahead and not reveal anything until after the 2nd character poll, and even then, just reveal the top 4, imo.

Anbec7

VOTE BEOWULF HELL YEAH!

Anyway the title is sooooooo fitting! that it hurts hahaha!

I really hope we get at least other dude (no other than Beowulf of course!
My votes Beowulf, Isaac, Scythana and Eliza!

And thus it begins:

#TeamBeowulf
#TeamPanzerfaust
#TeamEliza
#TeamIsaac

For those who
se characters
are about to die, I salute you.

Azure J

I just want to say that Scythana fanart almost makes me want to put her in my top four. That being said, my top 4 didn't change much except for a small coup-de-tat

Feng: Makoto's relentless and satisfying power hitting style + an acrobatic Super Mario Galaxy style gimmick? This was an easy one.

Eliza: One of the best designs overall with a gameplay concept that just sounds ridiculously awesome. The ultimate point or anchor character depending on how things work out.

B.Dahlia: Another one of my favorite designs in the entire roster right here. Very stylish but simple. I'm also very curious to see how her heavy weaponry is handled (more Megaman X in her gameplay please!)

and the wildcard:

Venus: Yes, I know. Sorry #TeamIssac, but after her description as being a complete monstrous entity and the base concepts of her using space itself as a means to screw with someone, I overhyped. I feel like Issac has enough folks voting for him that he'll get places without one from me... :p

Cyrano

It's kind of funny, though I guess expected with so many characters; for the moment it actually seems like Aeon will probably make it through the first few rounds easily, simply because so many people are putting her in as a "well maybe" character.

Nyoro SF

It's kind of funny, though I guess expected with so many characters; for the moment it actually seems like Aeon will probably make it through the first few rounds easily, simply because so many people are putting her in as a "well maybe" character.

Yes. But sadly she doesn't seem to be a priority vote. Should she go up against some of the more heavy hitting fan favorites, I think she will be finished.

It's too bad, because I've always wanted to play a character that uses time to mess with people in a more grandiose manner. Spending a bar to rewind to a point 10 seconds previous in the match would be goddamn hilarious for example.

Cyrano

Yes. But sadly she doesn't seem to be a priority vote. Should she go up against some of the more heavy hitting fan favorites, I think she will be finished.

It's too bad, because I've always wanted to play a character that uses time to mess with people in a more grandiose manner. Spending a bar to rewind to a point 10 seconds previous in the match would be goddamn hilarious for example.
Yeah, I suspect you're right. As character loyalty begins to shine through, some of the more "maybe" characters will start to slip too. I mean, I can't really see myself picking anyone other than Minette unless Minette somehow falls out (which I see as unlikely at least for the first few rounds, though I certainly hope she's the one who wins).

And while the ability you suggested for Aeon would be really whacky, as Mike said, balancing a character like that would be tremendous. Still, I think Aeon would be the best boss character. Could you imagine a Homura type special which froze time for like a few seconds and you could just do whatever combos or damage you wanted while the character just stays there frozen in time? Would be ridiculous.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep

DLC_Molly3.png

#TeamMolly
#TeamBeowulf
#TeamEliza
#TeamBrainDrain

Has a Tachikoma color of Molly been made yet? It seems so obvious.

On an unrelated note, am I the only one who wishes the Zone thing was legit? The style description sound pretty damn fun.

Next Monday can't come soon enough...

Kioshen

I voted for :

Stanley
Regina
Panzerfaust
Yu-Wan

I know at least two are not really popular but I don't care. I mostly based my choices on gameplay first.

My apologies to #TeamFang, #TeamJuju(though apparently she was missing from this round), and #TeamMinette.

My votes were for:
- Annie
- Umbrella
- Marie
- Aeon

But I'll vote for Fang, Juju, and Minette if any of my four favourite are eliminated.

H-Key...LOLZ!!!

And I almost forgot what day it was. Being what it is however is well thought out and would bring something unique to the Skullgirls table. Time for that crossover secret boss.

Introducing the Official New Skullgirls DLC Characters! (NSFW)

I'm not really sure who to vote for. I've went over everything in my head a couple of times. Even wrote out my thoughts on the matter. And I'm just clueless. I want to pick concepts I enjoy but also pick ones that will make a great game better. I've got a bit of a short list but I have no clue how to knock it down to just 4. At least I've got some time to think it through.

Top Bottom