• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyforge |OT| Thou shall not workship false prophets

Skyforge could really benefit from the FF14 scaling system to make it super easy to group with and play with lower prestige friends.

Skyforge could really benefit from the FF14 scaling system to make it super easy to group with and play with lower prestige friends.

That's what they're going for. On Twitter they said they're gonna put in a system where you can scale down but still receive rewards for your actual prestige. They didn't give an ETA though.

That's what they're going for. On Twitter they said they're gonna put in a system where you can scale down but still receive rewards for your actual prestige. They didn't give an ETA though.
That is awesome. What you are telling me is I should probably follow their twitter :p

Cracklox

What I'm really waiting for is gamepad support.
This game is screaming for gamepad support everywhere.

True story. I first tried traditional, direct control kb/m controls, when my older brother 1st brought home Doom in 93. As much as I wanted to play, I just could not summon the co-ordination to make it happen, and almost all my 1st memories of that game was watching my brother, while lamenting that I just couldn't do it. I guess it was a bit like people who struggle to rub their belly and tap their head at the same time(for the record I can do that, I'm generally reasonably co-ordinated)

I've mostly console gamed in the years since, and after those initial frustrations, it was just never something I bothered to do. While I waited for Skyforge to download, that was my main concern on weather I would stick it out with the game. No controller support. Almost all other boxes were ticked

I played GW2 a while back, started with kb/m, childhood memories came screaming back, and I promptly found a xpadder controller setup scheme (in the gaf ot) that actually worked pretty well and away I went. I feared the same would happen here, but without any controller scheme to fall back on. But as if by some voodoo magic, I started playing and within 15-20 mins I was feeling pretty co-ordinated. Now it all feels really good, and I'm at the point that if (when) controller support is implemented, it will need to be GOOD and not just passable for me to drop kb/m.

TLDR; Skyforge taught me skills yo. Now to go pwn some noobs at counterstrike or something

Oh and I'm having trouble getting on. It seems there are some new people added to the doc. Still not sure how we are for capacity, but i'll keep trying and check

Edit - ok currently 2 open spots with 6 (!) invites to send. Our capacity should be upgraded later today to fit everyone, but for now I'll invite from the top down on the doc.

Edit - ok currently 2 open spots with 6 (!) invites to send. Our capacity should be upgraded later today to fit everyone, but for now I'll invite from the top down on the doc.
Really awesome that so many people are getting into this game. Hopefully it pushes the right buttons to keep them playing for a while to come :D

Cracklox

Really awesome that so many people are getting into this game. Hopefully it pushes the right buttons to keep them playing for a while to come :D

Game does alot right and I hope people can see through some of the issues. I mean the REAL game begins when you become a God and none of us are even close to that at the moment.

Oh and, Queen. Are you trying to bribe your way into a clan leader role. 2 mill!!!!

Wow thats awesome! How much exactly are people getting from the CE? I thought the page said 150,000

Your next task is to unlock kinetic and THEN we can maybe hold a council for consideration of your promotion
:)

edit - Alright Skygaf - we're loaded. After the current building is complete we can build the Angel Chay Academy for Gifted Youngsters, or we can work on increasing capacity more. Problem with the Academy is it will take ages to build, and after the current upgrade we will have 8 spots. Right now theres 4 on the doc and 2 others pending. As much as I really want to get started on the academy we should prob increase capacity again

Thoughts? as current building is nearly done

Cracklox

Arrrgghh, spent the last half our trying to log in. Giving that up for now, and going to open the front door and see whats out there for the 1st time in a while.

Those that need invites, i'll try again later in a few hours, otherwise one of the other commanders will hopefully be on soon.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Transferred some argents from ce still have over 10k argents left so no biggie

i take that back both classes seems quite underwhelming to me so cyro it is until kinetic :D

Gothos

Will I be fucked if I unlocked a couple of nodes in the atlas of my other classess? My starter is Paladin but I can't decide on my second class, so I unlocked few nodes in my Archer/Alchemist class to check them out. Ma Pala is at 5.2 Prestige.

Anyway, this whole Prestige mechanics and it's interaction between dungeons difficulty/character development and free switching between classess is so poorly explained. I fear that I'll just gimp myself by making one decision that can't be undone later - it's a really terrible design...

Azzurri

Will I be fucked if I unlocked a couple of nodes in the atlas of my other classess? My starter is Paladin but I can't decide on my second class, so I unlocked few nodes in my Archer/Alchemist class to check them out. Ma Pala is at 5.2 Prestige.

Anyway, this whole Prestige mechanics and it's interaction between dungeons difficulty/character development and free switching between classess is so poorly explained. I fear that I'll just gimp myself by making one decision that can't be undone later - it's a really terrible design...

Here's a video on prestige

https://youtu.be/zzAywW1Qb2o

Cracklox

Transferred some argents from ce still have over 10k argents left so no biggie

i take that back both classes seems quite underwhelming to me so cyro it is until kinetic :D

Make up your damn mind! But cryos fun. Make sure to use slide, and later shield, with its 2 talents. You become pretty hard to kill.

Also keep in mind, like any good rpg, what you see of a class early on isn't always a good indication of how they will play later....

Nah not really. The early part of the class atlas uses colored sparks. You'll slow your upper atlas progress a little, but i think the pay off is more then worth it to get a few skills and talents on your new class. Your best to not earn to many (read - none if possible) class sparks with them yet, as then you will have issues in hitting the cap and having your progress halted for a few days.

What I did after I unlocked Archer, was still play all content as cryo so I could max it as quick as possible, with all class sparks being for them. Then with the colored sparks I earned along the way, used them to unlock the early part of the archer tree. By the time I had maxed Cryo, I was onto class sparks for archer, so it worked pretty nicely. I didn't even see the ascension atlas for a day or 2. All it did was slow my progress to slayer, but I'll have that in the next few days anyway.

Current connection issues with game notwithstanding

edit just reread and you said you were having trouble choosing between a few classes. I'd try to commit to just one for now. Though you'll get to the same spot eventually you are slowing your progress by spending in multiple classes. Especially if you decide to not go back to them

Double edit

Downtime at 5.45am PDT for 3 hours or so. My games pretty broken and I'm hoping it comes back fixed

Clearos

We will push for capacity. More people will be more resources and gold. My adepts(haha, they think they are people) would welcome the other workers...as long as they don't unionize.

Skulldead

haha i try to speak in game to join the guild, pretty hard to contact ;).

I saw the maintenance i don't know if this update will be enough to support new player during next week. When the game will release, this will be crazy....

Cracklox

We will push for capacity. More people will be more resources and gold. My adepts(haha, they think they are people) would welcome the other workers...as long as they don't unionize.

^^ hey mate. Have tried sending invites but I'm not sure why you're not getting them. Also PM'd in game. See if we cant figure it out after downtime

Excellent.

Should be able to finish off the current one shortly after downtime (provided i can log on). I'll kick off another upgrade for clan size capacity which will make 6x7 when complete.

And don't worry about the adepts. There's far too many churches burning down to send them running into to get followers out, for them to actually have time to think unionizing

I want to contribute to guild missions with my followers but I can't seem to get it to hit 100% so i'm trying to train them up at the moment.

After playing some Kinetic I love the big numbers but I think I enjoy my ice wizard more overall. I'm debating buying the CE so I can get Alchemist.

Bionic

Sham Wow tried to invite me yesterday, but it didn't go through. Hopefully maintenance will fix that, I want to start doing my part for SkyGAF, or NeoForge, or maybe GAFGAF.

In case anyone hasn't seen it yet, there is a special URL that you get sent to when you buy argents. I figured I'd throw $3 at Skyforge for being fun so far, and this was a pit stop on the way. It's just missing a "2" right there in the middle.

Clearos

Sham Wow tried to invite me yesterday, but it didn't go through. Hopefully maintenance will fix that, I want to start doing my part for SkyGAF, or NeoForge, or maybe GAFGAF.

In case anyone hasn't seen it yet, there is a special URL that you get sent to when you buy argents. I figured I'd throw $3 at Skyforge for being fun so far, and this was a pit stop on the way. It's just missing a "2" right there in the middle.

Amazing.

I want to contribute to guild missions with my followers but I can't seem to get it to hit 100% so i'm trying to train them up at the moment.

After playing some Kinetic I love the big numbers but I think I enjoy my ice wizard more overall. I'm debating buying the CE so I can get Alchemist.

I have not been able to get on this week so only logging to refresh my adepts but I almost made the journey to Slayer. I think I'll make an mmo change and go DPS and support when needed. I'll hang up my tanking cleats.

...............................*Hangs head in shame*
but the numbers!
lol

well that basically explains how i went from dealing with 10x elite mobs easily to dying in about 3 hits. cheers. i'll have to see what i can do to scale myself back

PS. how long till servers up?

I don't believe they gave an ETA. If this is the maintenance where they upgrade their servers then it could be a bit.

Skulldead

...............................*Hangs head in shame*
but the numbers!
lol

well that basically explains how i went from dealing with 10x elite mobs easily to dying in about 3 hits. cheers. i'll have to see what i can do to scale myself back

PS. how long till servers up?

I can't believe they will not balance prestige gain, The biggest problem is the Might stat. Other then that it's more balance...

Cracklox

Not to worry too much . Even if they 'fail' you will still get a portion of the resources. I haven't worked out how that portion is calculated though, but at least you still get something.

Server should be up in an hour or so. 3 hour estimate was given in game. If i can get on i'll whip out some invites again and see what happens

Clearos

Not to worry too much . Even if they 'fail' you will still get a portion of the resources. I haven't worked out how that portion is calculated though, but at least you still get something.

Server should be up in an hour or so. 3 hour estimate was given in game. If i can get on i'll whip out some invites again and see what happens

The adepts are all from the American school system, rewards even when they fail.

We are extending maintenance by ~2 hours (10:45am PDT). We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience!

Hopefully this fixes the lag issues they've been having.

Edit:

Wow, looks like the prestige inflation stuff may have been wrong and Might is better than previously thought.
From Reddit:
IMPORTANT UPDATE (24-July)
I stood by everything in this guide up through today, and could even point to reverse-engineered damage formulas to back up my assertions and reasons for certain tips in this guide (plus Russian community statements/anecdotes). However, the wiki team seems to have settled on a newer version of the damage formula that, if true, would mean that Strength is effectively equal to Might in every way. (The advantages of Strength, even with relatively high Accuracy of 20% are negligible over plain 'ol Might.)
If this newest damage formula is indeed true, then the various statements we've heard from the Russian community seem to be in doubt, and it would also make my points 1, 2, 3, 6, 10, and 11 in this guide obsolete and wrong. So until the dust settles on the damage formula, take those sections of the guide with a grain of salt. And if you have any time to spare using your own data points to test/confirm/disprove/refine the wiki team's "Damage" page, please help out there.

source

Edit Edit: This site is giving out keys for a bundle of free premium, thread, and some other stuff. Keys might be gone soon: http://www.gamer-network.fr/actuali...rge-remportez-5-000-cles-pour-un-pack-premium

The adepts are all from the American school system, rewards even when they fail.

you-tried.gif

Hopefully this fixes the lag issues they've been having.

Edit:

Wow, looks like the prestige inflation stuff may have been wrong and Might is better than previously thought.
From Reddit:

source

Edit Edit: This site is giving out keys for a bundle of free premium, thread, and some other stuff. Keys might be gone soon: http://www.gamer-network.fr/actuali...rge-remportez-5-000-cles-pour-un-pack-premium

Thanks for the heads up on the codes.

As for the maintenance extension, it's for the best, but it blocks my lunchtime play time. Sadness.

PulseONE

Ha, the one day I get time to finally start this an maintenance has been extended lol

Can anyone give an average ETA on it finishing up?

Extended maintenance is a bummer but i'm all for it if I no longer have to hit queues or insane lag. If they could throw in a chat fix while they're at it then i'm set.

Ploid 3.0

Codes are popping up for 10,000 threads, 1 hour mount, and a few days of premium. I managed to get one, but I think the main thing I'm happy about is the mount. I will try to stretch this hour as much as I can.

Codes are popping up for 10,000 threads, 1 hour mount, and a few days of premium. I managed to get one, but I think the main thing I'm happy about is the mount. I will try to stretch this hour as much as I can.

Yup, linked above to a giveaway for some of those.

Ploid 3.0

Yup, linked above to a giveaway for some of those.

I missed the site about 9 hours ago, then people posting extra codes, luckily I managed to get one a few minutes ago.

I have a feeling it will be like Marvel Heroes where there will be a lot of giveaways popping up frequently to get the word out on this game, and to get people to try it with free stuff.

docbon

I redeemed the code for premium time, and relogged a few times, but I still don't see it active in-game. What gives?

edit: nevermind, got the promo code item. just took a while to arrive in-game.

Ploid 3.0

I don't see anything in that thread store I would even want. I don't even care about the recolored costumes. I should probably just save these things for when more interesting skins come out, but by then I will probably have a ton from doing normal events.

Edit: How to reset the region quests. I cleared a open zone a while ago and it's still empty (Milene Caves). I hope that's not built around reset days too, though I remember other regions resetting before last Wednesday.

Should these bottom two sections also have a checked skull?
iA5hLvl.jpg

Edit2: Turned out that I needed to do the seemingly hidden/side quest Knowledge of elements end boss fight. Sledgehammer Kinetic is haxxxors. Gambit needs to put kinetic magic on his gloves like this bloke.
2L1fmM1.jpg

This is how I got mine. Happy it worked. Also there's someone that uses a type of VPN or whatever it's called to get another IP to try again until he got his code.

Apparently, an account can't redeem 2 similar promo codes.
I won the earlier giveaway from the french site and now this, but I can't redeem the second one. It says "You have already activated this type of promo code!". I guess I'll give it away to a friend who missed it. It still has 9k keys left though.

I do agree that the cash shop is kinda underwhelming currently. I don't see the urge to refill my argent cash as there's nothing that interest me atm.

Bionic

Didn't realize you could only use one of this type of promo code, I got another one from a similar giveaway today at a different site, so here's my extra for someone who wants it: SFFRJ188UFH1I1SR. Enjoy!

Deadly

Hmm about the ritual ornament (the one from the ring slot), if you upgrade but your ring didn't have one of the stats, does it still go up? Like if I have Str/Val would Spr and Luck go up too?

Cracklox

Gaf, This sucks.

Since server maintenance last night the game is basically unplayable for me. I was already having issues in Vienne, but I could at least usually last an hour or 2 before getting randomly d/c.

Today, after multiple login attempts, I lasted about 2 minutes, 2 times.

I've got a support ticket in which is being worked on (sent them some log files etc yesterday that they had asked for) but until that is worked out, or something else is miraculously corrected, then I'm not going to be on alot.

Trust me, I WANT to play this game and become a God and see what the end games about, the game just isn't letting me for know. Maybe it gets worked out today, maybe it's 2 or 3 weeks, but I will resume once this is sorted out.

In the meantime, leave my commander status on. I'll still check the thread (and prob try log in once in a while too), and if there's votes or anything needed I'll try jump on and at least get that done.

Also, Tharp and ninjapwnspirate, you guys might want to help Clearos out with the invites when you can

Now, to see what this 28gb Tera thing I downloaded is about.....

Vex_

Banned
Didn't realize you could only use one of this type of promo code, I got another one from a similar giveaway today at a different site, so here's my extra for someone who wants it: SFFRJ188UFH1I1SR. Enjoy!

Already used:/

*sigh*

Gaf, This sucks.

Since server maintenance last night the game is basically unplayable for me. I was already having issues in Vienne, but I could at least usually last an hour or 2 before getting randomly d/c.

I've got a support ticket in which is being worked on (sent them some log files etc yesterday that they had asked for) but until that is worked out, or something else is miraculously corrected, then I'm not going to be on alot.

Trust me, I WANT to play this game and become a God and see what the end games about, the game just isn't letting me for know. Maybe it gets worked out today, maybe it's 2 or 3 weeks, but I will resume once this is sorted out.

In the meantime, leave my commander status on. I'll still check the thread (and prob try log in once in a while too), and if there's votes or anything needed I'll try jump on and at least get that done.

Also, Tharp and ninjapwnspirate, you guys might want to help Clearos out with the invites when you can

Sorry to hear, man. If it's any consolation, no matter how many times I log in and out, I can't get Skygaf to show up for chat. In retrospect, that isn't probably much consolation.

Also, you spelled my name wrong. It's all good though. You wouldn't want people thinking that ninjas are cooler, so you want to be a bit more careful next time.

Vex_

Banned
Gaf, This sucks.

Sorry to hear. Just a heads up with Tera: it seems to have a memory leak.

After about an 1 hour and a half to 2 hours, the audio will start to stutter. That is how you know it is happening to you. Your frame rate will drop hard.

Only way I've solved it was to restart my client every time. According to their forums, it started when they introduced the gunner update.

I happen to play a gunner.

Also, you spelled my name wrong. It's all good though. You wouldn't want people thinking that ninjas are cooler, so you want to be a bit more careful next time.

Lol!!!

Ploid 3.0

It was fun being a Kinetic, especially after Sledgehammer, but I think I have to focus on Paladin and Lightbinder. There are way too many dd's in this game and I'm feeling the guilt of adding to it. I actually never mained a tank in a MMO, though I did use Thief to evasion tank in FFXI, and I liked it a lot.

Kinetic is the truth.com

Edit: Man this game destroys my style of playing class based games. I like to try different classes before I even get one capped (about 6 characters in ffxiv at 45+ when the cap was 50, and only 2 at 50). I'm close to unlocking Berserker too, I think I'll just go with the flow and let things happen.

I do not like starting new classes at high levels, and without enough abilities. My Paladin will be at around 5k prestige and even if I take off all the items he will be high because of the Ascension Atlas nodes, and equipment boosters.

Top Bottom