• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyforge |OT| Thou shall not workship false prophets

Klyka

Banned
This game weirds me the fuck out.

I can't decide whether it is a horrible, janky bad game or whether it's actually decent enough and I'm having genuine fun with it.

So weird.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
The game is great fun im really enjoying and the progression on atlas is actually fun and doesn't feel bloated n like u can really screw urself on atlas unlike path of exiles.

The gameplay is great and some ways brings back moments of gw1 which i loved. Im enjoying the game alot gonna buy the ce tomorrow

Cracklox

The game is great fun im really enjoying and the progression on atlas is actually fun and doesn't feel bloated n like u can really screw urself on atlas unlike path of exiles.

The gameplay is great and some ways brings back moments of gw1 which i loved. Im enjoying the game alot gonna buy the ce tomorrow

Then its settled. Knight it is.

you REALLY should play alchy

Cracklox

Na ill play knight ill defo be getting gambit an archer and zerk. Not sure bout alchemist

But,

Alchy got that Doc Ock thing going on. Also, green globby monsters

If Doc Ock was playable in MH tomorrow you may not see me around here as much for a while ;-). Discussion for another day. Or thread as it were

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
But,

Alchy got that Doc Ock thing going on. Also, green globby monsters

If Doc Ock was playable in MH tomorrow you may not see me around here as much for a while ;-). Discussion for another day. Or thread as it were

Yea but dat gambit that is bettr thsn most iterations of gambit lol

Cracklox

Yea but dat gambit that is bettr thsn most iterations of gambit lol

You're probably right. At least he uses his powers to do more then charge playing cards and chuck em around. Chunks of earth work better anyway

I think 1 or 2 people here, have it unlocked already as well. So def doable in a week or so

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
You're probably right. At least he uses his powers to do more then charge playing cards and chuck em around. Chunks of earth work better anyway

I think 1 or 2 people here, have it unlocked already as well. So def doable in a week or so

Sitting at work on gaf talking bout skyforge n marvel haha.

Cracklox

Ahem,

Slight thread derailment aside, I'm gunna put this out there and say we need more commanders. 6 clans and 3 commanders at the moment.

Also it seems that for a clan to be at full capacity, it needs to have a commander. Right now clan capacity is 5 but if I try to add to one of the clans with 4 people and no commander if just does a random swap and there is no way for me to get 5 people into that clan.

So essentially a clan of 5 has 4 clan members and a commander. Cant just have 5 clan members

Why do I bring this up now? Because I have a bit of queue I'm waiting in for Kyris

Also currently we have 26 members across 6 clans of 5. Simple math indicates we still have 4 spots. As everyone knows, simple mathes doesn't work. Keeping in mind the above, 3 of our clans do not have a commander so they're 'full' until we do (or increase clan size, not that far off). So that leaves 3 clans of 5 and 3 of 4. I'm shit at mathes but I think that works out be somewhere between 26 and 28. Given we have 26 at the moment, right now, we have room for 1 more

TLDR; read it! I did mathes for you!

Cracklox

Thanks guys.

Clearos has the final say but just wanted to bring it up. Obviously capacity will be increased in the next few days, but adding a commander or 2 will free up a spots immediately. Could be fairly important given 1 or 2 invites are having issues at the moment. Also, 3 outta 6. We really need 1 or 2 more anyway

Clearos you may want to double check what I said above. See if you can have more then 4 'regular' clan members in 1 group. It wouldn't work for the life of me, and thats all I could come up with

Clearos

Thanks guys.

Clearos has the final say but just wanted to bring it up. Obviously capacity will be increased in the next few days, but adding a commander or 2 will free up a spots immediately. Could be fairly important given 1 or 2 invites are having issues at the moment. Also, 3 outta 6. We really need 1 or 2 more anyway

Clearos you may want to double check what I said above. See if you can have more then 4 'regular' clan members in 1 group. It wouldn't work for the life of me, and thats all I could come up with

I just created the guild, you have just as much power as me so if we need more commanders let's do it. I just want to keep the stance of an odd number so we can always eclipse the 50% on a vote as it won't progress until it hits 51 and we don't want a stale mate if vacation or other factors get in the way.

Pulling this out of my ass ( I might want to stand up ) I think it blocks you from giving me a 5th player because it doesn't want to block my invite priviliages. I have gone to 5 members in my clan before when I invited people into the guild. Never got to 5 by just moving members around.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I just purchased the Collectors Edition and none of my goodies are showing up in game. :(

Is there a waiting period or something? A code I need?

Just reached 2k prestige earlier.
Had a little problem with this boss, it turned out that I had to destroy the eggs before they hatch. This game has some interesting and fun boss mechanics, not our usual tank and spank mmorpg.
360131BF56744C4B71046B3C1E3369B61CE716A7

Clearos

Had a little problem with this boss, it turned out that I had to destroy the eggs before they hatch. This game has some interesting and fun boss mechanics, not our usual tank and spank mmorpg.

The boss part is huge. Not sure why it was only wow that could make interesting boss mechanics. Glad this game is following suit.

I just purchased the Collectors Edition and none of my goodies are showing up in game. :(

There shouldn't be for the items being there. There should be a chest in your inventory that contains most of the items, and you do have to get to a certain (very early on) point to open it, though.

Cracklox

I just created the guild, you have just as much power as me so if we need more commanders let's do it. I just want to keep the stance of an odd number so we can always eclipse the 50% on a vote as it won't progress until it hits 51 and we don't want a stale mate if vacation or other factors get in the way.

Pulling this out of my ass ( I might want to stand up ) I think it blocks you from giving me a 5th player because it doesn't want to block my invite priviliages. I have gone to 5 members in my clan before when I invited people into the guild. Never got to 5 by just moving members around.

Sounds good. Let me conduct some more mathematics. We have 3. We want odd numbers. I've suggested another 1 or 2. We have 2 volunteers above.......

Regarding the 2nd point, I believe you misunderstand a little. I just retested. Leaving your clan out of the equation completely I cannot move any members into clans 4, 5 or 6, even from my own clan. They all only have 4 members so I should right? Thats why I think a clan has to have a commander to to be at its maximum number. Clans 1 and 3 both have 5 (each with a commander) . Mine has 4 only because of invites. Again, thats why I'm saying we really only have 1 spot at the moment

I hope that makes a bit more sense. Either way, when your on next, in the current state, try moving someone to clans 4,5 or 6

No and no. I think 1 of the guys earlier in the thread had an issue were it got registered to the wrong account name. A name that was real close or something. Maybe double check that, make sure you've got all the latest patches etc, and if not contact their support. Not great......

Added my name to the doc =) Not a super hardcore player but I try to get on at least a little everyday.

Haha. Welcome. Ignore the above 'politics'. I'll send you an invite in a moment. I think though we're at our last spot at least until tomorrow so grab it quick if you can (see above )

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
There shouldn't be for the items being there. There should be a chest in your inventory that contains most of the items, and you do have to get to a certain (very early on) point to open it, though.

I am at prestige 2k so I am past early on lol. No chest in my inventory, no premium either.

Sounds good. Let me conduct some more mathematics. We have 3. We want odd numbers. I've suggested another 1 or 2. We have 2 volunteers above.......

Regarding the 2nd point, I believe you misunderstand a little. I just retested. Leaving your clan out of the equation completely I cannot move any members into clans 4, 5 or 6, even from my own clan. They all only have 4 members so I should right? Thats why I think a clan has to have a commander to to be at its maximum number. Clans 1 and 3 both have 5 (each with a commander) . Mine has 4 only because of invites. Again, thats why I'm saying we really only have 1 spot at the moment

I hope that makes a bit more sense. Either way, when your on next, in the current state, try moving someone to clans 4,5 or 6

No and no. I think 1 of the guys earlier in the thread had an issue were it got registered to the wrong account name. A name that was real close or something. Maybe double check that, make sure you've got all the latest patches etc, and if not contact their support. Not great......

Haha. Welcome. Ignore the above 'politics'. I'll send you an invite in a moment. I think though we're at our last spot at least until tomorrow so grab it quick if you can (see above )

I bought it on their website while logged into my account. It says acquired now when I select the collectors addition web page.

Cracklox

Understood, reread a second time and it makes sense.

Ha cool. I was probably rambling a bit. I may be wrong. Could be a bug. I'll dare venture to there forums and see what I can find actually.

So, all that said shall I begin a vote for piratepwnsninja and Tharpdaddy to begin their 2nd jobs?

I am at prestige 2k so I am past early on lol. No chest in my inventory, no premium either.

I bought it on their website while logged into my account. It says acquired now when I select the collectors addition web page.

I gather you've re-logged etc? Failing that i'd definitely contact their support. Somethings for sure gone wrong. You would think they would work that sort of thing out pretty quickly too

Listonosh

Thanks! I might have already missed it since I don't actually see the invite. Where would I be seeing it actually? Will it just pop up or is there an inbox somewhere?

Clearos

Ha cool. I was probably rambling a bit. I may be wrong. Could be a bug. I'll dare venture to there forums and see what I can find actually.

So, all that said shall I begin a vote for piratepwnsninja and Tharpdaddy to begin their 2nd jobs?

I gather you've re-logged etc? Failing that i'd definitely contact their support. Somethings for sure gone wrong. You would think they would work that sort of thing out pretty quickly too

Indeed, I won't be home for another 6 hours but I'll vote at that time.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Ahem,

Slight thread derailment aside, I'm gunna put this out there and say we need more commanders. 6 clans and 3 commanders at the moment.

Also it seems that for a clan to be at full capacity, it needs to have a commander. Right now clan capacity is 5 but if I try to add to one of the clans with 4 people and no commander if just does a random swap and there is no way for me to get 5 people into that clan.

So essentially a clan of 5 has 4 clan members and a commander. Cant just have 5 clan members

Why do I bring this up now? Because I have a bit of queue I'm waiting in for Kyris

Also currently we have 26 members across 6 clans of 5. Simple math indicates we still have 4 spots. As everyone knows, simple mathes doesn't work. Keeping in mind the above, 3 of our clans do not have a commander so they're 'full' until we do (or increase clan size, not that far off). So that leaves 3 clans of 5 and 3 of 4. I'm shit at mathes but I think that works out be somewhere between 26 and 28. Given we have 26 at the moment, right now, we have room for 1 more

TLDR; read it! I did mathes for you!

Ill do it

Cracklox

Thanks! I might have already missed it since I don't actually see the invite. Where would I be seeing it actually? Will it just pop up or is there an inbox somewhere?

Hmmm just pops up on the left of screen. F1 to accept. I'll send another in amoment

edit - I was just declined twice. PM'd you in game (pink msg) Let me know when you're good

Indeed, I won't be home for another 6 hours but I'll vote at that time.

Done. After much fucking around. Seriously, I wont go into details but the amount of shuffling required..........

Gents, Clearos will send you the details for the physical and mental aptitude test along with a job description, which will outline your day to day duties.

Oh, and pants = optional

edit - bit late Queen - we had 2 takers already. We'll prob need more again soon though

Goddam this thread looks blue. Usually greyer

Gents, Clearos will send you the details for the physical and mental aptitude test along with a job description, which will outline your day to day duties.

Oh, and pants = optional

Is there a manual I can study before the test? I just renewed my license with a perfect score, so I may have blown my testing skills for the decade on that.

Also, I move to make Thursdays "Banana Hammock Thursdays", if that's amenable.

Listonosh

Hmmm just pops up on the left of screen. F1 to accept. I'll send another in amoment

edit - I was just declined twice. PM'd you in game (pink msg) Let me know when you're good

Oops, why did that happen? I actually wasnt at my computer when you PMed. PMing you back. Why is this so difficult lol

I'm not sure what the mission was named, but the big cube boss is the most fun encounter I've experienced in this game so far, it required a ton of teamwork to pull off.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member

Done. After much fucking around. Seriously, I wont go into details but the amount of shuffling required..........

Oh, and pants = optional

edit - bit late Queen - we had 2 takers already. We'll prob need more again soon though

Goddam this thread looks blue. Usually greyer

Ill cry

Cracklox

Damnit Sham we got robbed! thanks for joining though, hopefully can give it another shot tomorrow.

It was fun making health bars disappear in a 5k dungeon too :(

But good to know I can party with people that far under me. Might be one or 2 others around that range too.

And yeah pretty late where I am. Downtimes for an hour or so, and I'm pretty knackered so ima call it I think. Def do it again tomorrow....

double edit actually nvm. We may still have spots after the reshuffle and vote that is in effect. Cant check. But when Clearos gets on and and approves the vote we're good either way

Ploid 3.0

I've been playing the Kinetic this reset week, it's a monster. The lightning bolt chain ability wipes trash like no other, and the stacks of damage bonus to earth (rocks resistance down) allow the stone throws to take out huge chunks of health. There's so many debuffs + buffs in Kinetic's kit too. The downside is the whole setup process can make certain fights hard to solo (hologram dragon fly robot boss for example :( ).

Clearos

Not sure if we have enough petty cash in the budget for a jacuzzi.I wasted most of it on last week's Stir-Friday.

Let's discuss at the next board meeting. We might need to shift our focus and reduce overhead to make some of these changes.

docbon

One thing I like about this game so far is the ratio of time spent killing trash to time spent killing bosses. Reminds me a wee bit of The Secret World, which also had really fun dungeons.

That being said, I've blown through pretty much every encounter so far. I'm hoping it gets a bit more challenging soon.

edit: Also hoping I can actually log into the server ._.

Dead

well not really...yet
Added my name, chara and request for the Guild on the Google Spreadsheet. Hope there is still space :<

In other news, I bought the digital collectors edition, and it seems there is a delay in getting the stuff for people who bought it today. :eek:rz

One thing I like about this game so far is the ratio of time spent killing trash to time spent killing bosses. Reminds me a wee bit of The Secret World, which also had really fun dungeons.

That being said, I've blown through pretty much every encounter so far. I'm hoping it gets a bit more challenging soon.

edit: Also hoping I can actually log into the server ._.

It definitely gets more challenging. Since 4k prestige I've noticed I need a lot more teamwork to get through missions.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
To combat this, over the next few days we’ll be implementing several large upgrades to our servers in order to alleviate these connectivity issues. The first step was to complete a maintenance today, already completed, with a server-side patch to reduce some of the load off of some of the databases. We are also working on setting up additional server hardware over the next few days.

Until these upgrades are complete, players may experience occasional queues while attempting to sign into Skyforge. After these issues have been resolved, we’ll be awarding everyone with a special in-game gift to thank players for their ongoing patience and understanding as the team weathers these growing pains.

they really are too kind

JambiBum

Are the server problems what cause issues when it comes to selecting things/receiving quest items and updates? Honestly that's my only issue so far with the game. The menus/quest related stuff isn't responsive enough for me and it feels like I have to click things multiple times for it to work properly.

Deadly

Are the server problems what cause issues when it comes to selecting things/receiving quest items and updates? Honestly that's my only issue so far with the game. The menus/quest related stuff isn't responsive enough for me and it feels like I have to click things multiple times for it to work properly.
Yeah I've only been getting these as of late. When I started it was working fine.

Yeah that's from the lag. Combat tends to be fine but the item servers (I believed they call it) are lagging badly so looting, quests, etc. will all have massive delay and lag.

Thanks guys.

I'll just put it out there, I know it has been answered already but once you are comfortable bringing in non-gaf I would be happy to take up a commander slot. Got about 6 pretty active people in my casual pantheon at the moment but we are not really putting any money into it as I am thinking it will just dissolve in the future and I'll be joining with GAF.
Basically what I'm saying is once I'm in I am happy to pour credits into the GAF stash... Lol

JambiBum

Yeah that's from the lag. Combat tends to be fine but the item servers (I believed they call it) are lagging badly so looting, quests, etc. will all have massive delay and lag.

Makes sense. I was hoping it was something like that instead of a real issue. I keep getting kicked from the servers now though so I'm gonna try to play it later.

Top Bottom