• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim: New(er) Screenshots and Previews

Khezu

The art direction has just improved so much over oblivion and even fallout, everything just looks so much more interesting.

spirity said:
Love it. I'm inspired to rewatch LOTR before 11-11-11.

Can't wait for this, my most anticipated game this gen.
It's actually making me want to play WoW again. Say what you want about the gameplay but some of the environments in Northrend were fucking incredible looking for such an old, easy to run engine.

Solo

Randy said:
And for those longing for the "H1-R3z t3xTUR3$"-mod, the games who benefited from those mods can be counted on one hand.

All of them are Bethesda games though, so...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
RooMHM said:
Tell me this is console version! The last screen batches have been quite hideous tbh, Morrowind level. I hope PC gets something better ... seriously -_-

If you never speak again... no one will care.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
The skybox looks like its going to invoke the same feelings I had from Red Dead Redemption but with the Nordic North.

charsace

Khezu said:
The art direction has just improved so much over oblivion and even fallout, everything just looks so much more interesting.
The characters look closer to the oblivion concept art which is a good thing.

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
AndyMoogle said:
Why stop at Morrowind level? It looks like an N64 game!

Well a fully modded Morrowind is pretty impressive. I know that isn't what he meant, but thought I would drop that little nugget in there.

Belgian website 9lives had an interview Matt Carofano, Skyrim's art director confirms there are no werewolves in the game. They may, however, be included in DLC.

Here's a translation (of the most important parts, I'm too tired to translate everything :lol):

Are you planning to release DLC for Skyrim?
Yes, definitely. We're definitely making some, we just haven't started yet. Right now we're focused on polishing the game, but it's something we're going to be working on hard in the near future.

Are you planning on adding werewolves in DLC?
Maybe, yes. We didn't include werewolves in the game, but it's definitely something we should consider. We did include vampires in the game. The more their vampirism progresses, the more townspeople will attack you and sunlight will damage you.

Solo said:
So glad I'll be getting the PC version. The art direction looks great but its going to need some good high-rez texture mods.

I'll be thankful if all it needs are texture mods. Graphics are the least of my concerns.

It_Hurts

Banned
new shots look great, still not sure if I should pick up the 360 or the PC version. I would prefer playing on the 360, played already Oblivion and F3 on console but i know the PC visual will be so much better.

Blue Ninja said:
Are you planning to release DLC for Skyrim?
Yes, definitely. We're definitely making some, we just haven't started yet. Right now we're focused on polishing the game, but it's something we're going to be working on hard in the near future.

love this answer, all devs should be like this.

JoeBoy101

drizzle said:
You see, since they aren't really "Energy Bows", as I figured they should be, they are not in the game afterall. They're just summoned bows (or magic bows, if you so desire).

Not energy based bows at all.

Still, not bad. I might use them now!

Not just bows. At least, in Oblivion, there are summoned weapons and armor. I imagine they are being included in Skyrim as well.

Woorloog

Banned
BarrenMind said:
Love that pic. Makes me want to really get into Conjuration for the first time.
There's a Conjuration perk that allows raising two zombies or two atronach (normally you're limited to one conjured creature).

Lakitu

st5fu
Oh man... the Raise Zombie spell sounds so good. You can use it on any enemy you've killed and essentially become a Necromancer.

ihasaflavour

Neo Member
Woorloog said:
There's a Conjuration perk that allows raising two zombies or two atronach (normally you're limited to one conjured creature).

Whhhhhaaaaaattt?!!

Outside of heals, I've never really rolled a class outside of a DPS like mage (destruction spells). I think I should try something fresh like this. Looks way too hardcore.

bengraven

WarMacheen said:
morrowind_0506_screen008.jpg

God, this looks atrocious. Welcome to 2001 developers. The previous screens of the high elves look so much better.

OH CHRIST, is this the [insert game system you love and I hate] version?

AndyMoogle said:
Why stop at Morrowind level? It looks like an N64 game!
Thank god the N64 was a graphical beast!

LegendofJoe said:
My Xbox died earlier in the summer, so I hope the Ps3 version runs as well as the 360 one.
My experience with Bethesda up to now both performance and DLC wise has led me to always get the 360 versions. I hope I'm wrong this time for your sake, but I haven't been pleased with past versions. I love my 360, but honestly these games, a few JRPGs, and Red Dead are about the only things I play on it. I guess that's stupidly OT, sorry.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
WarMacheen said:
morrowind_0506_screen008.jpg

yep just like Morrowind -_-

'dat draw distance

The mod that completely removes the fog makes it a new game

It's amazing though, how far the tech has come to be able to see nearly across the damn game world while giving us beautiful vistas.

cametall

I do hope I can't catch some sort of Vampirism virus in this iteration -_-

Finding the cure was incredibly frustrating.

Woorloog

Banned
BlueTsunami said:
'dat draw distance

The mod that completely removes the fog makes it a new game
Graphics Extender? Is there any other mod that removes fog?
I don't mind the fog in Morrowind, it is part of it and at dawn some areas look really beatiful due the fog. And without the fog the game would become unplayable on my laptop. The game doesn't take advantage of the dual-core CPU nor the graphics card, leaving the perfomance about same as my really old (2002/2003?) computer (2.7GHZ AMD Duron, Radeon 9200, 512MB RAM).

cametall said:
I do hope I can't catch some sort of Vampirism virus in this iteration -_-

Finding the cure was incredibly frustrating.
You can become a vampire once again, (and most likely by fighting another) how about being aware of what affects you and drink a Cure Disease potion after fighting vampires?

MrBelmontvedere said:
BOPs9.jpg

with all that snow, wouldn't she be incredibly cold?

maybe it's just the time of day that makes it look snowy?

She's too hot to be cold. Plus that necklace gives her 50% more warmth. (Note to self: get that necklace)

Grinchy

Banned
Damn this game is looking nice. I will probably wait until they patch it a couple times, but these screens look great.

Nocebo

roodiculous said:
She's too hot to be cold. Plus that necklace gives her 50% more warmth. (Note to self: get that necklace)
And give her a home made pearly one as a replacement eh? wink wink nudge nudge

Lakitu

st5fu
Destructoid Preview

I took a different route back towards Whiterun Hold, and discovered the Honningren Meadery. I was greeted by a man named Sabjorn who told me a little bit about the meadery. While he was talking, I stole an apple pie from the table. He told me to knock it off and confiscated my pie, so I stole several bottles of mead and a honey nut treat. I then went over to his bookshelf and started reading a book about horses.

Oddly enough, when his life bar was depleted, instead of keeling over in a bloody pile, he simply crouched on the ground whimpering and covering his head with his hands.

Nice.

MaddenNFL64

Nocebo said:
And give her a home made pearly one as a replacement eh? wink wink nudge nudge

Haha ya. Then when that's done, i'll slice her throat open & steal all her clothes & jewelry.

bro fist!

anyone?

Reuenthal

Banned
MaddenNFL64 said:
Haha ya. Then when that's done, i'll slice her throat open & steal all her clothes & jewelry.

bro fist!

anyone?

Only if I have a wife. No reason for her to learn my infidelity.

Druz

Mastperf said:
You're trying too hard...

Yes, it's me that's trying too hard... not some sensational preview writer that smells a fart and insists it's been crafted by divine hands.

Uriah

Derrick01 said:
That's what's supposed to happen with small crimes instead of sending every guard in the world after your head. Glad they got that fixed.

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I don't need masturbatory previews to get me hyped for this game. My hype is already at a critical level. A new Elder Scrolls in under a month...goddamn.

In the Destructoid Preview, he mentions that there is a "Weight Slider". I just wonder how fat or skinny we can actually make our characters.

Fjordson

Holy shit @ the new shots. Game looks better and better the more they show.

Wasn't there supposedly new footage getting out today? Or is it just screenshots?

Top Bottom