• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim: New(er) Screenshots and Previews

replaying Oblivion in anticipation- as a Nord this time, since I'm going to be a damn barbarian viking brute in Skyrim. SKOL!!!!!

But wow... people in the Empire are racist asses against Nords. :p
My first playthrough I was an Imperial. I'm starting to wonder if it's as bad playing as one of those lizard dudes...

Anyway- so I was quickly reminded about Oblivion's shitty criminal system.
I get to Hackdirt, get assaulted by those crazy fools after poking around a bit, wipe out the little village (which is in the middle of nowhere), and take a few things on my way out. Technically it's stealing, I guess... blah, whatever... no one was left alive to tell the bloody tale of my visit to Hackdirt.

Fast forward a few hours, I become the hero of Kvatch, get Martin & Jauffrey, and head to Bruma via horseback.
I'm traveling a decent distance & I see an Imperial Watchman approaching on horseback and decide to give him a friendly hello.

"HALT! CRIMINAL SCUM!"

Ummmm... what the hell did I do?

It took me a second, but... ohh... you mean because I took (stole) some arrows from the crazy bitch that ran the goods store in Hackdirt that tried to kill me while I was minding my own business?
I decide to just pay my 40 gold bounty and be on my way. DAMNIT, I forgot that you are transported all the way to the closest city to pay the ransom. We go all the way back to Chorral (sp?) and our horses are now gone. Son of a bitch. Thanks a lot, psychic Imperial Watchman!!!!!

So glad that's apparently been removed from Skyrim.

FartOfWar

Banned
Lakitu said:
NowGamer preview - an interesting one
What happens once the smoke has settled and the questions Bethesda deliberately doesn’t answer is where Skyrim becomes a master of conspiracy and fascination. Exploring the rogue magician’s tomb, it seems highly likely the man was performing unspeakable experiments on the Nordic race, dismembered bodies and blood littering the room.

Interesting indeed. "What happens once the house with blue paint is where the real estate agent became effective."

Majmun

Game looks great. But I think I'm waiting for the GOTY edition. There are too many games to play...

Sec0nd said:
I'm honestly not excited at all for Skyrim after playing Dark Souls.

Nice nick. Are you Beyonce?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Sec0nd said:

It's the opposite for me. Dark Souls is great, but it's a stressful and harrowing experience. After a couple dozen hours of that, I'm ready for something gentle and forgiving like Skyrim. I want to be able to explore at my leisure without nasty shit ready to kill me around every corner.

abundant

Fjordson said:
Holy shit @ the new shots. Game looks better and better the more they show.

Wasn't there supposedly new footage getting out today? Or is it just screenshots?
New footage this Thursday night, GTTV on Spike.

Orcastar

Looking good, can't wait to sink my teeth into this.

I don't get the Dark Souls vs. Skyrim mentality some people seem to have. They're two completely different games, despite the fact that they look superficially similar

MrBelmontvedere said:
http://i.imgur.com/BOPs9.jpg

with all that snow, wouldn't she be incredibly cold?

maybe it's just the time of day that makes it look snowy?
Hollywood has never cared about that kind of stuff, why should game devs?

Khezu

Blue Ninja said:
Eh, last time they said that we got stuff we'd already seen before. Interested to see if it'll be different this time.

I don't think they can milk that one particular play through anymore, I mean they probably could, but that would be silly.

Shes probably a nord.

DanielJr82

Just a few more weeks!!

But before Skyrim... Arkham City tomorrow. Battlefield 3 next week. Feels good to be gaming this year. :D

I just hope, if you want to, you can still make characters that look like this:

oblivionUntitled-1.jpg

Orcastar said:
I don't get the Dark Souls vs. Skyrim mentality some people seem to have. They're two completely different games, despite the fact that they look superficially similar

I like you. You are good poster.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Snuggler said:
It's the opposite for me. Dark Souls is great, but it's a stressful and harrowing experience. After a couple dozen hours of that, I'm ready for something gentle and forgiving like Skyrim. I want to be able to explore at my leisure without nasty shit ready to kill me around every corner.

Hmmmm. I like this idea.

Reuenthal

Banned
So what race does everyone want to play as? I am thinking of Nord or one of the beast races, Argonian or Khajiit. I haven't played with either of the three in Oblivion. I like to try one of the beast races and I really like how they look here in comparison to Oblivion. As for the Nords, well they fit for Skyrim, and I haven't played with a Nord yet.

ihasaflavour

Neo Member
Reuenthal said:
So what race does everyone want to play as? I am thinking of Nord or one of the beast races, Argonian or Khajiit. I haven't played with either of the three in Oblivion. I like to try one of the beast races and I really like how they look here in comparison to Oblivion. As for the Nords, well they fit for Skyrim, and I haven't played with a Nord yet.

Probably Nord as well.

I literally just bought the Oblivion GOTY for the 360, and rolled a Nord Warrior. Nothing fancy, just down and dirty :)

I do however, REALLY like the way the Orcs look in Skyrim. Probably roll one of those.

Santiako

Reuenthal said:
A Khajit stealthy assassin.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Reuenthal said:

Dark Elf. Always Dark Elf. They have the coolest design (face tats and red eyes, fuck yeah) and I like the destruction/blades/marksmen build.

Either Nord or Imperial, not sure yet. I'll roll a Dark Elf afterwards, because I've played one in both Morrowind and Oblivion.

Luthos

Maaaaaan, like I need more info to hype me up. I've finally made it to Batman: AC, so it and other releases can keep me occupied up to Skyrim's release.

But FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU- new info/screens.

BobLoblaw

Banned
I'm really torn right now. I want this game day 1, but I also want the best possible experience (meaning mods that offer better textures, atmosphere, etc). I need help! :(

Derrick01

Banned
Reuenthal said:

I normally pick the closest looking to human at first but I'll be going Argonian, they're just too stacked.

I believe they have disease resistance, underwater breathing, like +20 to all of the stealth stuff like sneak, pickpocket, lockpicking etc. Since I wanted to try out the supposedly much improved stealth I may as well start stacked from the start.

BobLoblaw said:
I'm really torn right now. I want this game day 1, but I also want the best possible experience (meaning mods that offer better textures, atmosphere, etc). I need help! :(
Why not just play it through at least once in vanilla, then update it with mods and play with a different character?

Brannon

Arkaerial said:
Well pc version for me, I can't wait to see what the mod community comes up with...and I really hope it isn't a bunch of anime styled characters.

They will all be naked shitting dick nippled abominations with infinite variations of the name Sephiroth, AND YOU WILL LIKE IT.

BobLoblaw

Banned
DeathIsTheEnd said:
Why not just play it through at least once in vanilla, then update it with mods and play with a different character?
See, I've thought about that, but I'm already planning on spending at least a few hundred hours in the game anyway (just enough time to do everything), and really only plan on doing that once. Crap. I think I'll give it a week or so after launch and see what the mod scene looks like. If it's non-existent, I guess I'll just bite the bullet and play it.

Dmax3901

I arrive at Whiterun, a hilled city that strongly resembles Rohan, that horselord stronghold from Lord of the Rings. The art direction in this game is fantastic. Every city and dungeon I’ve seen so far has its own style, and I love absorbing it all.

Edoras, come on now.

ihasaflavour

Neo Member
BobLoblaw said:
See, I've thought about that, but I'm already planning on spending at least a few hundred hours in the game anyway (just enough time to do everything), and really only plan on doing that once. Crap. I think I'll give it a week or so after launch and see what the mod scene looks like. If it's non-existent, I guess I'll just bite the bullet and play it.

I know very little about modding, but does it usually take more than a week to do such things?

As for waiting, I wish you the best. Is vanilla usually that bad for PC?

Solo

Reuenthal said:

As always, I will be playing as IMPERAL SCUM

Come at me, bros

Sec0nd said:
lol, i didnt like oblivion and had no interest in this but after how disappointing dark souls was compared to demons souls this game is on my radar now

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
MrBelmontvedere said:

I hope dynamic nipple tech is a late addition to the game, I wouldn't mind seeing her smuggle a couple jelly beans.

I've decided to transition from playing as a man to playing as woman, I hope you will all be supportive of my decision. Still not sure which race though.

Lakitu

st5fu
Nord for my first hero character (Companions and College of Winterhold), and either Bosmer or Dunmer for my second character (Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild).

Solo

Lakitu said:
Nord for my first hero character (Companions and College of Winterhold), and either Bosmer or Dunmer for my second character (Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild).

Its TES - you can and will do all the guilds in one playthrough. I know I will.

Randy said:
Amazing how much bullshit can be spouted, even on GAF. It's okay to demand some graphical standards, but boy, are some of you overreacting... The game looks very pretty. And for those longing for the "H1-R3z t3xTUR3$"-mod, the games who benefited from those mods can be counted on one hand.

I am sorry but calling this game "very Pretty" seems to be the overreaction. These screens look very dull.

Lakitu

st5fu
Solo said:
Its TES - you can and will do all the guilds in one playthrough. I know I will.

I know, just find it hard to accept that my Nord can be a hero who saves mankind and then will murder some dude for the Dark Brotherhood and strip him naked.

RooMHM

RooMHM said:
Tell me this is console version! The last screen batches have been quite hideous tbh, Morrowind level. I hope PC gets something better ... seriously -_-
Ah shit ... meant Oblivion, my bad. Elder Scrolls is still Morrowind for me :<

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Sec0nd said:

Way to thread shit.

Anyway, I will be getting this day one and losing a couple hundred hours of my life as I have with the past three Elder Scrolls games. I guess this is Steamworks so that's why I haven't already pre-ordered it somewhere.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
SalsaShark said:
god dammit internet i dont wanna buy this on release why are you making meeee

You will be buying this on release. This is a fact. How are you gonna resist when 90% of your friend's list will be playing this game on 11/11/11. Don't kid yourself, hun.

Wallach

Snuggler said:
I don't need masturbatory previews to get me hyped for this game. My hype is already at a critical level. A new Elder Scrolls in under a month...goddamn.

Yeah. That's it for me. That's all the hype. Just start over with hype, there's no more.

Top Bottom