• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim PSVR bundle announced for $449.99

Grinchy

Banned
JwFhtjOl.png

PS Blog Post:
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/11/06/introducing-the-playstation-vr-skyrim-vr-bundle/
Available now on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/...lc-20&linkId=97fc8dd8c7a75a7e9f2fb4ee68fd37bc
30 minutes of gameplay: https://youtu.be/9bw5B4_QoJM

Yes, this is the newer model of the headset and the breakout box pushes through HDR.

I thought they were crazy for not bundling this game, and here we are. This should be a nice bundle for some newcomers, unlike the GT Sport bundle that comes with a game that barely has any VR content.

Techtonic

Neo Member
Kind of wish I didn't jump on the PSVR bandwagon as soon as it came out. Should have waited honestly. I still use it often, played through RE7 using it last week.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Is it the new headset?

Woot reading is great. Might bite when it hits $250-$350

Unknown?

No PS4. But PSVR also had a launch price of $399, so getting PSVR + camera + two Move controllers and Skyrim for $449 is a good deal in comparsion.
Yeah $399 with no moves, no camera, and only a demo disk. $49 more for all of that and a good game is a lot of value.

SirNinja

I thought they were crazy for not bundling this game, and here we are.

Was just thinking that a few days ago. Now this might be what gets me into VR at long last, especially if there's a price drop after the holiday rush.

BibiMaghoo

The thought of playing Skyrim in VR seems fantastic, but I'll freely admit I laughed my ass off when I noticed the store price of £50. I know it has had work but they just sold the remaster to console folk for that, after already being a pretty old game. I feel that maybe asking another £50 from the fans is really, really pushing their luck.

katsais

Is this with the updated vr that allows hdr pass through?

This bundle will come with the updated PS VR system featuring revised design that enables the stereo headphone cables to be integrated with the VR headset, and a slimmer, streamlined connection cable. The updated PS VR system also comes with a new Processor Unit that supports HDR pass through, enabling users to enjoy HDR-compatible PS4 content on a TV without having to disconnect the Processor Unit between the TV and the PS4.

Seems like it...

Damn, kinda pricey for me. I want a PSVR too...maybe next year.

LOLCats

Banned
No PS4. But PSVR also had a launch price of $399, so getting PSVR + camera + two Move controllers and Skyrim for $449 is a good deal in comparsion.

the first revision of the headset is going for 225$ right now.

to me this seems like a terrible deal, it is 100$ too much.

ramuh

I'd wait until black friday guys. And is this even the one with HDR throughput?

I think the target ad has psvr for 200 bucks if im not mistaken.

Nikodemos

I'd wait until black friday guys. And is this even the one with HDR throughput?

I think the target ad has psvr for 200 bucks if im not mistaken.

From above:
This bundle will come with the updated PS VR system featuring revised design that enables the stereo headphone cables to be integrated with the VR headset, and a slimmer, streamlined connection cable. The updated PS VR system also comes with a new Processor Unit that supports HDR pass through, enabling users to enjoy HDR-compatible PS4 content on a TV without having to disconnect the Processor Unit between the TV and the PS4.

wondermega

That's a good deal from all accounts, glad to see Sony is putting some thought into how to market this. A year ago I got just the headset for $400, and with much less library - still was a blast though.

I also have a Vive, which I agree is superior to PSVR in many ways, doesn't mean that PS is necessarily lacking in a big way though. For now! PSVR had a more compelling library overall - Vive has room scale.

ffvorax

How is PSVR Compared to galaxy VR?

Phone VR is like fake VR... not even comparable.

PSVR (with PS4PRO) and PCVR are mostly the same level, PC VR give the more space of motion solution, but I actually prefer the more "standing on place" of the PSVR... I don't have enough space in the rooom and in particular the fact that it needs a camera on the rear is a huge problem (ugly to have on the hall a camera with cables... at least the front camera can be hidden behind the tv)

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
PsVR is like a half step above the mobile versions available now. PC vr is what stands a fair distance above both

WT? I have access to Vive, Oculus and PSVR in no way the PC varients a huge leap above PSVR and then theres the cost of entry in favour of PSVR.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
No, PSVR+Pro is not a "half step" for fucking phone VR.

Have u tried gear VR?

GEAR VR is a massive step up from google cardboard, and when you move your head about its super smooth.

I ask how good PSVR is because I wonder how much better the 1080p rgb screen can be compared to the 1440p screen on my phone and the head tracking in gear vr is silky smooth.

llien

This is a terrible deal. A 6 yr old port plus new PSVR. Will wait till $150 bucks off or a good Black Friday deal.

Playstation eye: MSRP 59$, street price 41$
Playstation move controller: MSRP 39$, street price 29$
Skyrim PS4: MSRP 59$, street price 38$

So, for 49$ you are getting about 140$ worth of stuff.

It IS a good deal.

Have u tried gear VR?

GEAR VR is a massive step up from google cardboard, and when you move your head about its super smooth.

I ask how good PSVR is because I wonder how much better the 1080p rgb screen can be compared to the 1440p screen on my phone and the head tracking in gear vr is silky smooth.

Gear VR is still held back by refresh rate of the phone which I believe is 60Hz compared to what I believe is up to 120Hz on the PSVR so the tracking will be a lot smoother.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Gear VR is still held back by refresh rate of the phone which I believe is 60Hz compared to what I believe is up to 120Hz on the PSVR so the tracking will be a lot smoother.

I wish i could try these VR's.

However from my dabblings with gear VR I dont think it worth it yet. Im sure there good experiences on PSVR and the PC VR, but they just dont seem worth the money.
In a few gens time when the resolution is more clear, and sickness and discomfort isn't a factor I will be ready.

wondermega

No PS4 included? This must be a fucking joke.

If the gear was low-tier you would have a point, but otherwise how does that even make sense that they'd be able to make money at such a price? This is the new version of the headset w all the other necessary accessories (move controllers are still not required for all games) and a new game to boot. New version of an old game, but the point stands.

If they were desperate and trying to liquidate or something I'd understand, but they are selling PSVR's alright and I am happy that Sony is trying to put more than a little effort into backing this after the initial launch.

I wish i could try these VR's.

However from my dabblings with gear VR I dont think it worth it yet. Im sure there good experiences on PSVR and the PC VR, but they just dont seem worth the money.
In a few gens time when the resolution is more clear, and sickness and discomfort isn't a factor I will be ready.

I think if they can get it down to a £300 starter kit (headset/camera/VR Worlds) they would be on to something. That's a nice price and a good start out in the world of VR.

Games such as RE7, DRIVECLUB, Skyrim etc show that the format works with the big games and adds a level of immersion you just cannot get on a TV regardless of actually losing some image quality. Even though DCVR was sometimes awful in terms of clarity, it still felt 100 times better than a flat screen TV driving game. The immersion is immense. Farpoint is another example of how standard games can work in VR the shooting in that game with the aim controller was just second nature and was really good.

Kaversmed

I haven't really been following Skyrim VR since I still don't own a PSVR, but does the game support full locomotion or is it using the teleport mechanic like many other VR games? I get why it's done that way, but it's pretty much a dealbreaker for me. :(

Also, no mention of a EU release of this bundle?

I haven't really been following Skyrim VR since I still don't own a PSVR, but does the game support full locomotion or is it using the teleport mechanic like many other VR games? I get why it's done that way, but it's pretty much a dealbreaker for me. :(

Also, no mention of a EU release of this bundle?

It has full locomotion with both moves and DS4.

No PS4 included? This must be a fucking joke.

So you want a $250 machine included in a $449 bundle that includes a headset that launched at $399 little over a year ago, but also includes a $40 camera $79 PlayStation moves and a $60 game?

Can you see why that won't be happening?

Uhh why is Skyrim vr not just an update? I admit I haven't read into it at all but I assumed it was going to be an update for Skyrim special edition that came out last year.

Tumle

PsVR is like a half step above the mobile versions available now. PC vr is what stands a fair distance above both
That’s definitely not true.. PSVR is closer to the pc versions(even having less screen door effect than my vive) than the phone versions.. your opinion seems to be based on biases..

Had the briefest of experiences with both PSVR (base PS4) and Vive and mainly my memory is that the sense of space/presence in Vive was so much better thanks to better FOV and resolution.

lol that price. Way too much imho considering you can get the launch headset for $250 around here. Smart shopping for the other stuff can get those pieces cheap as well. They have great console bundles, though.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
That’s definitely not true.. PSVR is closer to the pc versions(even having less screen door effect than my vive) than the phone versions.. your opinion seems to be based on biases..

Absurd.

PC and PSVR are mostly in the same league in terms of software quality which you cannot say for mobile.

Spot on. The Screen Door effect is much better imho with the PSVR.

I would say that the PC offerings in terms of controllers are much better than move controllers but not the headsets themselves.

Top Bottom