• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleeping Dogs |OT| not releasing this would have been a True Crime

DrBo42

How is this on the PC?

Pretty damn good performance wise. I'm really unsure about the controls on KB & M though. There's some weird camera fighting going on between the motion of the vehicle and the actual mouse control. Seems like it's not intended to be an unlocked 360 camera. When you turn left, so does your camera...so if you adjust your camera with the mouse during this, the two fight and it swings back and forth. Backing up and trying to look around is a fucking nightmare.

gdt

No key from GMG either. First time (I've ordered from them a bunch) that I didn't have my key before release. If I didn't have Darksiders II to play, I'd be livid.

I guess it could be the publisher's fault though.

Ryu1999

No key from GMG either. First time (I've ordered from them a bunch) that I didn't have my key before release. If I didn't have Darksiders II to play, I'd be livid.

I guess it could be the publisher's fault though.

Still waiting as well - I think 10$ savings is worth the extra wait, but it's still inexcusable.

No GMG key yet here either.

It's not like I would have been able to play today if I had gotten it but I can totally understand why people are upset.

TimeKillr

My EU GMG key hasn't been revoked yet, thankfully. My guess is they'll wait until they have all the US keys available and stuff.

I played with it a bit this morning and I can confirm it runs very well. I have a speedy rig, but it's nothing too spectacular: i7 2600k, 8 gigs of ram, and a GTX470. At 1080p, if I don't put too much AA and leave the shadows to normal, it runs pretty stable around 60fps.

bs000

http://youtu.be/UmMsQXMa9bU

Sooo, switching textures in a parking garage is a bad idea. When you do that, the door reappears and you're trapped until you reload a save. And, if you don't have the high res texture pack installed, the whole damn world just disappears instead and you fall forever. Anyways, the game has been great so far :p

whyman

So steam says i can play and download the game now. But i am in EU (not using VPN), will i be banned from steam if i play it?

Ok, the thing is that it said "Install" instead of "Pre-Load" that it usually says.

I think it said it to me last night as well. I just left it on, now I have "Sleeping Dogs - Pre-load suspended". Try clicking it, see if you get "Sleeping Dogs - Preloading" as I think you will.

Derrick01

Banned
It feels good to wake up on the morning of release day and still not have my key. Digital Distribution!

In another hour I could have just gone to gamestop and picked it up.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
keep getting freezing during loading screens and crashing to the desktop and that one time it only loaded the skybox and nothing else but other then that its good

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Shame you guys have had poor GMG service. This is one of those things that seems to be so polarising. For me, service has been excellent. Deus Ex, Darksiders II and Sleeping Dogs keys were all available pre-launch. We'll see how Borderlands 2 and Hitman go.

Salaadin

I cant hate on GMG because the discount on the game was so nice but this launch does seem to be handled badly. Hopefully they get their shit sorted soon.

Derrick01

Banned
Shame you guys have had poor GMG service. This is one of those things that seems to be so polarising. For me, service has been excellent. Deus Ex, Darksiders II and Sleeping Dogs keys were all available pre-launch. We'll see how Borderlands 2 and Hitman go.

The service has been great for me up to this point. I was always lucky enough to dodge whatever problems people were having. What's screwed up here is they were giving out keys to people who just preordered while my June order waited forever. They didn't even send me the euro key like they did for many others.

I guess it's the price I pay for getting new games in the $30 range.

Amagon

I wouldn't mind the delay if they told us what is going in. I'll be a little bit disappointed but shit happens. Though, with no news coming out from GMG, they are not representing themselves well as of this moment.

harrytang

had to cancel my gmg pre-order and just buy through steam. missed the big SD sale and was only getting it 5 dollars under steam price anyway.

in order to cancel so quickly this morning had to end up calling customer support. i was told ot create a ticket and call back with ticket id #. i did this and was refunded literally 5 min after making the call. also, international call over google voice from states free so no problem.

sounds like one dude handling all customer service requests. feel bad for you CVictor!

downloading on steam now!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Did I see that there were some Ninja Tune stuff in this game's soundtrack selection? Gods.. if The Cinematic Orchestra is on it in some form, I'll lose my shit.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The service has been great for me up to this point. I was always lucky enough to dodge whatever problems people were having. What's screwed up here is they were giving out keys to people who just preordered while my June order waited forever. They didn't even send me the euro key like they did for many others.

I guess it's the price I pay for getting new games in the $30 range.

I wouldn't mind the delay if they told us what is going in. I'll be a little bit disappointed but shit happens. Though, with no news coming out from GMG, they are not representing themselves well as of this moment.

Yeah, I definitely think it's shitty. The issues you guys are having leave me pretty concerned, and I hope nothing falls through with my other games. Hopefully GMG take these problems on board.

Akkad

Banned
Did the whole EU key thing get sorted out for those of you who have gotten keys from GMG?

Sorted out how? I mean I can still play the game with the EU key and they haven't sent me another key, so I'm not sure what they're gonna do at this point.

garath

It's always a risk pre-ordering a game with no reviews. I really hope it's good. The 6/10 review from Angry Joe isn't terribly encouraging.

Going to watch the WTF is.. from total biscut even though I'm going to be playing the game shortly :p

Top Bottom