• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleepy Hollow |OT| From GAF's Favorite Writers – Mondays 9/8c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I would have loved for this to be set completely in the past(seeing as Sleepy Hollow is my ideal 17-1800's classic horror setting)
Oh well hopefully we get a lot of that stuff anyway.

Im really excited for this but I don't have a great feeling it will do well.

Series premiere tonight:
Pilot

Ichabod Crane finds himself 250 years in the future and realizes that evil accompanied him to modern-day Sleepy Hollow; Ichabod forms a bond with Detective Abbie Mills after the Headless Horseman murders the sheriff.

drspeedy

I worked on the pilot and second episode of this. I went to the premiere of the pilot last month in Wilmington, NC, and I really liked it. Unlike other shows I've worked on like Revolution or Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow is something I would watch on my own and not just because of my involvement.

I hope they can keep it up. It legitimately gets creepy near the end. Everyone else I heard talk about it at the premiere thought it was awesome.

That's me on the far right, working on my first green screen. Len Wiseman, the director, was there for the day, and John Cho was in the other room filming some modern-day stuff.

Will be watching for when you steal a radio on this show as well :D

I'm looking forward to this one, really hoping it fills that void for an experimental, supernatural drama we're not getting elsewhere on TV right now.

TheOddOne

http://www.avclub.com/articles/sleepy-hollow,102868/

Woah, The AVClub gave the pilot an A-. Not the grade I would've given the pilot, but that's excellent for them. Good times.
Wow, those guys are really though so this is surprising.

Series premiere tonight:
tumblr_m8eva4zT8q1qfj2nyo1_500.gif

mr stroke

Will give it a couple episodes but I am really bummed this isn't on FX, I assumed its toned down for network TV?

Something like this needs to be dark and gory.

Cast is loaded with people I recognize but don't know by name. That's not an insult but a pleasant surprise (and also a sign that I don't pay enough attention to actors names).

ivysaur12

Banned
Cast is loaded with people I recognize but don't know by name. That's not an insult but a pleasant surprise (and also a sign that I don't pay enough attention to actors names).

It's a relatively unknown cast, especially compared to most shows these days that usually have some large star attached.

Slayven

It's a relatively unknown cast, especially compared to most shows these days that usually have some large star attached.

I enjoy those more.

Hey but the show has that dude that does all those voices, Sulu, and the dude from Mad Tv that was one of the funny ones.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Visually the show is goddamn beautiful. It's not Burton Sleepy Hollow beautiful but it's still a sight.

ivysaur12

Banned
I enjoy those more.

Hey but the show has that dude that does all those voices, Sulu, and the dude from Mad Tv that was one of the funny ones.

In general, I'm of the opinion that should be star builders instead of having people like Katherine Heigl come back to TV because they can't make it in films.

But whatever, that's not something that happens anymore.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Magical chain-fu priest oh shit! I love how the Horseman spins his axe around Ray Park style, just like in the Burton film.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm actually enjoying this. Prepare to be canceled, Sleepy Hollow.

Slayven

In general, I'm of the opinion that should be star builders instead of having people like Katherine Heigl come back to TV because they can't make it in films.

I like it means the they are least likely to leave and fuck up the show. Selfish, but Sliders scarred me.

Magical chain-fu priest oh shit! I love how the Horseman spins his axe around Ray Park style, just like in the Burton film.

Yeah holly shit, I didn't know they were going that route.

Lol she's going to have a rough week in social media haha..

Generally I agree but I also like seeing actors who are under appreciated by the general public in TV roles too. Jon Noble was incredible to watch in Fringe. Maybe he's like Hugh Laurie though in that Laurie was just unknown in the US.

This show is delivering and is great quality. Doesn't feel like a pilot at all to me.

Slayven

Lol she's going to have a rough week in social media haha..

Generally I agree but I also like seeing actors who are under appreciated by the general public in TV roles too. Jon Noble was incredible to watch in Fringe. Maybe he's like Hugh Laurie though in that Laurie was just unknown in the US.

This show is delivering and is great quality. Doesn't feel like a pilot at all to me.

Yeah it feels like a movie.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
First time I've seen Nicole Beharie in anything but...Hello there.

PS. More horsemen? Not sure I'm happy about that. I want my Sleepy Hollow to be...Headless Horseman-y. Not...4 Horsemen-y.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
THAT ISN'T EVEN HIS FINAL FORM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom