• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sleepy Hollow |OT| From GAF's Favorite Writers – Mondays 9/8c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh.. So is the Chief a red herring and Harold the inside guy in the police force or are they both in on it?

Love the pacing and the fact that it's actually giving us some reveals instead of JJ Abrams-ing the crap out of us.

Ridiculous....ly Awesome
barney_thumbzafd1.png

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
That final scene fucking sold me 100%.

I am so in for this show.

Ivy, if Fox cancels this show without at least giving it a chance to end on it's own terms, I'm going to annoy you SO much with posts complaining about it.

Nudull

Banned
I'm definitely on board for this. It seems like a ridiculously fun little series.
Please don't cancel this, Fox.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Goat mirror demon. This is so insane, it works. I'm down. Next week: Horseman with two shotguns. I hope.

MechaGodzilla

Neo Member
I'm in as well. I'm so glad they actually showed the monster/creatures or what ever they are. I hate being burned by television land by eluding to what it is the changing it to something "realistic" haha.

Ridley327

I caught the second half of it with my brother tonight, who had been watching it in full at that point.

Absolutely ridiculous in every aspect, and I want more of it.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
It just hit me. There was something on tv with a mercenary with no head, who was shooting shotguns and assaults rifles and decapitated a magical priest who could summon chains.

Fuck yeah

Jaded

Banned
All along i was somewhat indifferent to all the commercials for this throughout the summer and said to myself i would not watch it but i did and i can honestly say that this was much more awesome than i could have ever imagined, i will keep watching!! That demon thing kept freaking me out even though it was blurred out.

This was fun to watch. As a Halloween buff that lives within 5 minutes of Sleepy Hollow it feels like this show was made for me. I recognized the locations of many of the scenes :)

So it was actually filmed there? In part at least? Pretty cool.
Apparently it was actually filmed in North Carolina. But, the overhead shots seem to be from Sleepy Hollow. They also showed a quick shot of what I thought was a local bridge. At the very least they did a good job of faking it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So it was actually filmed there? In part at least? Pretty cool.

They definitely had some quick cut shots from along the Hudson, at least.

Apparently it was actually filmed in North Carolina. But, the overhead shots seem to be from Sleepy Hollow. They also showed a quick shot of what I thought was a local bridge. At the very least they did a good job of faking it.

Yeah, at one point I'm pretty sure they had an overhead of the Tappan Zee, which is pretty close to Sleepy Hollow.

TripOpt55

I can see why so many in here are saying how ridiculous it is is a plus, but I think it may be too much for me. That's a gut reaction though having just finished the episode.

ivysaur12

Banned
I can see why so many in here are saying how ridiculous it is is a plus, but I think it may be too much for me. That's a gut reaction though having just finished the episode.

Totally. Even though I really enjoyed it, I'm actually a bit shocked that the opinions on the pilot here aren't a bit more divisive.

Tucah

you speak so well
Pilot was ridiculous, a bit weird and a ton of fun. The chemistry between the two leads is good so far and the final scene was pretty great. I never expected to like this at all but I'm totally in.

Raxus

I would be shocked if any broadcast show got canceled in the first month, unless there's an outright rejection of concept.

Lone Star is the only show in recent memory that tanked so hard (despite being quality) that it didn't make it past episode two.

Hell even the abysmal Work It! lasted around a month.

ivysaur12

Banned
Lone Star is the only show in recent memory that tanked so hard (despite being quality) that it didn't make it past episode two.

Hell even the abysmal Work It! lasted around a month.

Made in Jersey was two and out last year. So was Work It and Do No Harm. But Made in Jersey was the only fall one last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom