• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

onken

davygee said:
Well last week PLAY.com were selling them for £215...they are all gone now.

Sorry but I don't believe it. The b/c models have been out of stock everywhere for well over a year in the UK.

davygee said:
Well last week PLAY.com were selling them for £215...they are all gone now.
I wanted to buy one a year and a half ago, when I finally bought a PS3, and by that time the stock had long dried up. Ended up getting a 40GB but I find it hard to believe that play.com have just had those 60GBs sitting around all this time in a warehouse without telling anyone.

MotherFan

Doc Evils said:
Only a fool would go for the Elite when the Slim would be same price. Don't forget a gold account price too.

:lol

Slim is almost a guarantee now, and I expect it at 300. If it stays like this or gets cheaper, when vs xiii comes out I will get one for sure (or persona 5 if it become an exclusive).

NinjaFusion said:
I'm willing to put money on the PS3 Slim having a new custom AV out connector that is incompatible with the traditional AV Multiout
erm...why? The AV Multiout has been the same since PS1, hasn't it?

NinjaFusion said:
I'm willing to put money on the PS3 Slim having a new custom AV out connector that is incompatible with the traditional AV Multiout

Cuz changing out one proprietary connector for a different proprietary connector makes a whole lot of sense. Especially with the further proliferation of HDMI.

Himuro said:
What are the chances Sony will implement software emulation into ps3? I want my friends to get ps3s but all of them are waiting for when Sony implements bc again. And it sucks, because I want them to join in games like Uncharted 2.
I understand the desire for PS2 B/C, but I don't understand waiting for B/C to buy a PS3. If it will ever be put back in, it will be through a firmware update, so they might as well just buy one now and they'll get B/C if/when it's released.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Himuro said:
What are the chances Sony will implement software emulation into ps3? I want my friends to get ps3s but all of them are waiting for when Sony implements bc again. And it sucks, because I want them to join in games like Uncharted 2.

Recent Sony trademarks seem to indicate that it's coming, and could be done via a firmware update....(check around GAF for the thread, or someone can point you to it..).

My personal opinion is that a firmware update will enable it across all PS3's, and then Sony will begin selling PS2 games on the Playstation Store.

birdchili

CrayzeeCarl said:
If it will ever be put back in, it will be through a firmware update, so they might as well just buy one now and they'll get B/C if/when it's released.
but there's no guarantee that they'll ever put it back in. they've certainly been quiet on the subject of late.

and assuming that the interested folk already have a ps2, one of the bc appeals is the ability to move/retire the old system so you don't have sufficient consoles under the tv to exert a strong gravitational force.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Carl said:
So, guys. Why no leaky pictures of the PS3 Slim in the same leaflet as the 360 elite price drop?

Interesting point.....who knows? It's certainly in MS's favor to have word get out that they are dropping prices too in order to steal some of Sony's thunder.

Carl said:
So, guys. Why no leaky pictures of the PS3 Slim in the same leaflet as the 360 elite price drop?
Maybe that'll be part of the joke in the future where the full scan comes out and the PS3 slim's prominently featured all big and stuff, and the 360 price drop's in the corner or somethin'.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Carl said:

Who knows?

The Slim may not come out in NA on September 1st, it may come later, maybe they'll bring it out the next week, or maybe it'll come out before then. Without info, it's hard to draw conclusions.

Carl said:

The flyer with the 360 on it is scheduled to run at the end of this month, whereas the one with the Slim should be for the following week. So it would be safe to assume that one will be leaked a week from now...... which is after the GamesCon conference anyways.

Carl

Valkyr Junkie said:
The flyer with the 360 on it is scheduled to run at the end of this month, whereas the one with the Slim should be for the following week. So it would be safe to assume that one will be leaked a week from now...... which is after the GamesCon conference anyways.

I assumed the flyer was for the week commencing that date.

Banned
Doc Evils said:
Only a fool would go for the Elite when the Slim would be same price. Don't forget a gold account price too.

Or someone that prefers Multi-Platform, 360 exclusives, 360 controller or Live. So, someone that has different taste than you is stupid?

onken

NinjaFusion said:

Guess you like giving money away :lol

inner-G

Banned
Karma said:
Or someone that prefers Multi-Platform, 360 exclusives, 360 controller or Live. So, someone that has different taste than you is stupid?
Good points, but with free online, wi-fi, blu-ray, etc., it's hard to argue against unless you already prefer a certain aspect of the 360.

Cowie said:
In theory the elite leak came from an ad destined for the week of August 30th - September 5th, which encompasses the theoretical European release date for PS3 Slim.. which means they conveniently overlooked the ps3 slim in the same catalog, it isn't coming out that week in North America, or _________.
Well, North America has shown no hints of the Playstation 3 Slim coming, except for the bundles. There are reports like it being discontinued and having low stock in other countries, but nothing like that from anywhere in NA. I guess we will figure out why that is at GamesCom next week. I just hope this doesn't mean that it will come to North America later.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Carl said:
depending on the company, they wouldn't advertise something that couldn't be sold for the first 4 days of the flyer.

Or sony might have told stores not to put any slim info to print prior to the announcement. its not like they couldn't spam a single page leaflet after gamescon. we did stuff like that all the time at TRU.

NO IDEA IF REAL BUT....

Picture3.jpg

It says it is a 160 gb and fully backward compatible which means its too good to be true.

EDIT for link: http://thebigmanandgarrett.wordpress.com/2009/08/12/exclusive-ps3-slim-best-buy-ad-leaked/

noah111

Still Alive
TheExecutive said:
NO IDEA IF REAL BUT....

It says it is a 160 gb and fully backward compatible which means its too good to be true.
Fake, fan made. The alignment is EXACTLY the same as the concepts cakefoo worked on. It's not too hard to shop it into an ad, especially if you're on GAF lurking for info (the date is 9/2 just as someone here posted). Plus the slim will be a 120GB model not 160, noob mistake. :lol Also, it's 'PlayStation' not 'Playstation' ffs.

noah111

Still Alive
Sites are just looking for hits people, some gamerlint website posted "PS3 Slim Confirmed" as the title for their article, and all they say is Kaz will announce it at TGS.. new info.

I'm staying away from PS3 slim blog articles..

Averon

If they would've kept the BC claim out of it, that fake may have lasted longer before it was called out as the bs it is.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Pandaman said:
depending on the company, they wouldn't advertise something that couldn't be sold for the first 4 days of the flyer.
Or sony might have told stores not to put any slim info to print prior to the announcement. its not like they couldn't spam a single page leaflet after gamescon. we did stuff like that all the time at TRU.

Happens all the time. With phones, music, movies, games... It simply says "starting Tuesday" or whatever date it is released.

Has there ever been so much wind up about a console hardware revision that didn't add new features before? A price cut generating so much continued interest, I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom