• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

neptunes

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Recent Sony trademarks seem to indicate that it's coming, and could be done via a firmware update....(check around GAF for the thread, or someone can point you to it..).

My personal opinion is that a firmware update will enable it across all PS3's, and then Sony will begin selling PS2 games on the Playstation Store.
I don't think PS2 emulation will ever come

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
TheExecutive said:
NO IDEA IF REAL BUT....

Picture3.jpg

It says it is a 160 gb and fully backward compatible which means its too good to be true.

EDIT for link: http://thebigmanandgarrett.wordpress.com/2009/08/12/exclusive-ps3-slim-best-buy-ad-leaked/

:lol

wtf, why does it have a white outline around it and the other products does not? gtfoutta here

Sentry said:
Sites are just looking for hits people, some gamerlint website posted "PS3 Slim Confirmed" as the title for their article, and all they say is Kaz will announce it at TGS.. new info.

I'm staying away from PS3 slim blog articles..

That's N4G for ya. They're pretty much the gaming equivalent to Digg or a crackwhore where people will do anything for a couple hits.

noah111

Still Alive
The-Warning said:
Wow cakefoo's mockup is really making the rounds. :lol He should sue for copyright infringement.
Agreed, I KNEW this would happen back when he made the first concepts, he really should have watermarked it or something. :lol

Donos

Sentry said:
Agreed, I KNEW this would happen back when he made the first concepts, he really should have watermarked it or something. :lol

:lol i think cakefoo lost a opportunity there. he could have made a thread after getting big bucks out of this, titled : "PS3 Slim made me rich bitchesss"

Delriach

Banned
I can't believe PlayStationLifestyle has yet another article about this. They got fooled with the exact same pic last week, no?... >.<

I love the confidence in their new article name too. "PS3 Slim Seemingly Confirmed"

Sigh. They really need to stop "reporting" news.

LegoDad

Went on a hunt, here's what I found..

As you can see below the 160Gb PS3 is in full bloom, no Vendor Constraints or anything, so you can see that the 160gb PS3 is going to be sticking around for while.

img0241p.jpg

Where as below the 80gb PS3 is out of stock in the Warehouse, and every Best Buy is pretty much bone dry on 80gb PS3's.

img0240tim.jpg

The weirdest thing is the Vendor Constraint comes off around September 27th, which is after the September 1st rumored date. This is more than likely because they are going to be discontinuing the 80gb models for a new one. This model we have no information about besides the thousands of leak across the internet of a Slim Model which is to be announced on August 18th and rumored to be in stores by September 1st. This is just one more thing that adds to the Slim bandwagon.

http://www.blueraycenter.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20000#post20000

zero2000

Banned
Most of the GT members in the PS3 board have been fooled as well. Although they all just ignore my posts saying it is fake. -_-

dolemite

zero2000 said:
Most of the GT members in the PS3 board have been fooled as well. Although they all just ignore my posts saying it is fake. -_-
yeap, fukcing amateurs. they also have fake 9.99 LBP games in there as well.

Delriach

Banned
The thing I don't really get is how all these people magically forgot about that same exact PS3 Slim picture being confirmed as a mock up a week or so ago, lol. I wonder how many different ways that same picture can be used to confirm the slim.

cakefoo

Sentry said:
Nah, I don't want spam, I don't need recognition by name... I just wanna ride my motorcy.......

cle

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
AndyD said:
Happens all the time. With phones, music, movies, games... It simply says "starting Tuesday" or whatever date it is released.
Thats what the first four words were for.

@the above screens: call me crazy, but aren't ps3's 3 to a box? that best buy screen says master pack quantity 2 for the 80gig and slim. or is it that just for ps3's shipped to canada?

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
booyakasha said:
Look at the word "The" in the ad, the h is taller than the T. Fake confirmed.
Look at the word "The" in your post, the h is taller than the T. Joke post confirmed.

LegoDad

Pandaman said:
Thats what the first four words were for.

@the above screens: call me crazy, but aren't ps3's 3 to a box? that best buy screen says master pack quantity 2 for the 80gig and slim. or is it that just for ps3's shipped to canada?

PS3's and Xbox 360's are shipped in 2's.. They aren't fake... I wrote the article.. lol.. got the pics from a friend who works there..

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
caliblue15 said:
PS3's and Xbox 360's are shipped in 2's.. They aren't fake... I wrote the article.. lol.. got the pics from a friend who works there..
well, i can tell you that we got ps3's and wii's in boxes of 3's last December in a TRU canada store. I remember unloading them because there were 100 people waiting for wii's between me and my tim hortons that morning.

and a canadian never forgets a battle for his tim hortons.

HUELEN10

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
I was going to say snickers but i think thats a candy bar. I dunno, i think sniggers the word im after.
No, it's snickers. Snickers is what you should have put. You could have also used titter.

Paznos

Freestyler said:
:lol

Not that kind of Square.
Are SSD's square? Thought I read something about the hard drives being changed in the PS3's in the coming months, but I guess that wouldn't make since given the cost of them hehe.

How many of you people on this thread have already got a PS3?

If so why are you so excited about another model of the PS3, which you don't need if they're making it cheaper and making it so that it has less features?

Also I'd like to know how many people on this thread don't have a PS3 and are waiting for the Slim to be announced before thinking about getting a PS3?

HUELEN10

ashbash159 said:
How many of you people on this thread have already got a PS3?

If so why are you so excited about another model of the PS3, which you don't need if they're making it cheaper and making it so that it has less features?

Also I'd like to know how many people on this thread don't have a PS3 and are waiting for the Slim to be announced before thinking about getting a PS3?
Well, I HAD a PS3 60GB, but it got loud as a train, so I sold it and kept all my games, waiting for the slim. At the very least, the slim will run cooler,be quieter, and play all my PS3 games, and with a CRT HDTV, I can use my PS2 for older games and not have to worry about upscale lag. Also, the Slim is matte, so it will be a day-one buy for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom