• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

spwolf

elrechazao said:
like ghostbusters with the ps3 as lead platform right?

no, more like we dont even know when the fuck will it be out in western world since nobody knows when the port is coming while PS3 version will be out in Japan in December... rite?

As to the superior talk blah, not something for this thread anyway.

Quincey

Banned
pseudocaesar said:
Because its being made as though it were an exclusive (because, you know, it was), as in building for the PS3, then porting. What is this, 2008? Fuck sake.

Yeah, that may be so, but claiming that it will run much better then the other version is a little far-fetched and based on nothing but the hopes of ps3 owners. Just because it is the lead platform does not guarantee it to run better. I think we would of learned that by now. What is it, 2009? Fuck

LegoDad

Running the SKU in system nothing comes up.... So its an unused SKU...

img0243nvm.jpg

This Weeks Ad... Has same background but in yellow, no extra rectangle like leaked ad though..

img0244zno.jpg

Next Weeks Ad... Same Background... No rectangle again...

img0245rtk.jpg

Don't know if this helps disprove it, or only makes it more legit.... you decide GAF!

Special Thanks to my informant for these quick and decent pictures...

SealSqueal said:
I've wanted a PS3 since day one, but balked at the $1000au asking price, then jumped on the 360 when there was a great deal to be had. If the Slim comes out and drops to $499au then I'll jump in. At the moment it's still no less than $650. Do it Sony, I'm killing to play Fat Princess and Wipeout.

$400 or bust. That's the price I payed for my PS1, my Xbox, and my 360.

I will not pay a cent more!

CHRP718

Banned
Quincey said:
Yeah, that may be so, but claiming that it will run much better then the other version is a little far-fetched and based on nothing but the hopes of ps3 owners. Just because it is the lead platform does not guarantee it to run better. I think we would of learned that by now. What is it, 2009? Fuck
The White Engine is designed to harness the Cell.

LegoDad

spwolf said:
informant? You dont work for CIA dude... you mean your friend that works at BB?

Actually not a friend, he likes to be called the informant... lol... Makes him seem special I guess, he's pretty good at helping me out with anything I need..

CHRP718 said:
The White Engine is designed to harness the Cell.

To take a useful quote from someone in this thread recently...what is this, 2005?

Multiplat engine is pointing and laughing at you.

edit: beaten by one

jkanownik

Cowie said:
Wait, what do you mean by price drop announcements? US retailers have specifically advertised every single price drop this generation in their weekly ads.

They advertise it when it goes into effect, not when it is announced.

The Executive said:
NO IDEA IF REAL BUT....

It says it is a 160 gb and fully backward compatible which means its too good to be true.

EDIT for link: http://thebigmanandgarrett.wordpress...buy-ad-leaked/

Huh?

UPDATE: As many of you have noticed, certain parts of the ad seem fake. Here is what my source told me when contacted:

“I cannot reveal my exact role, however, I can tell you that I work closely with the marketing department at Best Buy. This ad is a mock up at best of the ad to be released in just over two weeks. I cannot comment on the NeoGaf PS3 mock up as this is the material that we’re working with. Many images are often used as placeholders. The final ad will be touched up for grammar, punctuation, etc. Hope this helps.”

"This ad is a mock up at best of the ad to be released " in other words it´s BS, just as we thought.

VegaShinra

painful fart said:
Huh?

"This ad is a mock up at best of the ad to be released " in other words it´s BS, just as we thought.
Well, they say that is a mock up with a placeholder for the system I'm guessing. The Slim is real, but the system placeholder is fake.

SolidSnakex said:
How the hell did a topic about the PS3 slim turn into a discussion about which version of FFXIII is going to turn out better?

thread attracts ps3 fan who can't help self, makes post, just begging to be debunked by more rational posters.

dolemite

SolidSnakex said:
How the hell did a topic about the PS3 slim turn into a discussion about which version of FFXIII is going to turn out better?
No new
photoshopped
fliers yet, hence all the off topic discussions.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
SolidSnakex said:

I was thinking the exact same thing, I'm starting to take note on who to block and shit.

inner-G

Banned
Quincey said:
I am glad to see that you are "pretty sure it will run way better on PS3". I would like to know where you got this confidence that it will run better, seeing how most 3rd party games on both systems do the opposite of what you claim.
I know the BD demo ran at an awesome framerate & without jaggy issues on my PS3.

I don't think that PS3 owners should be concerned at all with getting the 'inferior version'.

Not to mention that they may have to sacrifice quality of pre-rendered FMV and audio to better fit the DVD9 format of X360.

elrechazao said:
It's almost as if there was some connection between what I was replying to and what I wrote. Crazy concepts, forums.

Well, I believe that comment was for something like this:

Square >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Terminal Reality.

Apples and Oranges in either case.

SolidSnakex said:

Bah! I need to come up with another 6 month old photoshopped ad.... quick!

Dragon

Banned
elrechazao said:
thread attracts ps3 fan who can't help self, makes post, just begging to be debunked by more rational posters.

Oh no someone on the internet is wrong! Quick make sure to debunk them so you feel superior!

Maximus.

Quincey said:

I own all systems, im not a fan boy. It was an assumption i made, no need to get so offensive. Im assuming this because it was first made for ps3, it will be running off of one disk, i know this shouldnt dampen framerate and what not, so that is why i said it. I could be wrong, i could be right, we will see when the game comes out. No need to make this a fanboy console war. Also this thread has had no real solid news on the ps3 slim over the past few days, ive been following it, so when i read some stuff on ff13 i thought hey i might as well put my input into the game. Dont hate lol.

Fraull said:
It was an assumption i made, no need to get so offensive. Im assuming this because it was first made for ps3, it will be running off of one disk, i know this shouldnt dampen framerate and what not, so that is why i said it.

Running off one disk isn't always a good thing, just look at MGS 4.

LegoDad

I just loved how GAF went right over my post to rectify the leaked Best Buy ad... No comment if it helped, or not, or anything.. lol.. Guess FFXIII is more interesting.. lol

Maximus.

Tkawsome said:
Running off one disk isn't always a good thing, just look at MGS 4.

:lol you're right.

Edit: On a side note i guess we should all just continue talking about ps3 slim speculation and keep the game talk out of this thread so we dont have to further derail this stuff.

:lol

Cowie

caliblue15 said:
I just loved how GAF went right over my post to rectify the leaked Best Buy ad... No comment if it helped, or not, or anything.. lol.. Guess FFXIII is more interesting.. lol

well I mean if it found the ps3 slim in best buy's system, or found that the sku corresponded to a blender, we'd have definitive proof. But since it doesn't correspond to anything, it's not especially conclusive. IIRC Best Buy's inventory system was one of the first places the PS3 40gig at $399 leaked from, so it's possible they wouldn't put it in until later not trusting their employees.

I think everybody already thought that ad was fake anyway.. but it's cool that you're willing to put in the effort =)

LegoDad

Cowie said:
well I mean if it found the ps3 slim in best buy's system, or found that the sku corresponded to a blender, we'd have definitive proof. But since it doesn't correspond to anything, it's not especially conclusive. IIRC Best Buy's inventory system was one of the first places the PS3 40gig at $399 leaked from, so it's possible they wouldn't put it in until later not trusting their employees.

I think everybody already thought that ad was fake anyway.. but it's cool that you're willing to put in the effort =)

I'll keep having him check on the SKU each day, and once something comes up, then I'll post it, but I have a feeling its just fake altogether, but for them to actually pick a SKU that's not used, kinda surprised me...

Ettie

caliblue15 said:

This is normal, and expected, unfortunately lol.

Also, couple o'thousand people viewing page 1 of the gaming board can make things fly by.

elrechazao said:
To take a useful quote from someone in this thread recently...what is this, 2005?

Multiplat engine is pointing and laughing at you.

edit: beaten by one

If the engine in deed it make to take advantage of Cell i don't think it will run better on 360.

BenjaminG said:
Get ready to buy then....

Reason to be confident? ;)

Poimandres said:
$400 or bust. That's the price I payed for my PS1, my Xbox, and my 360.

I will not pay a cent more!

I wish it'd come out at that price but it is Sony Aus we're talking about here, so I'm tempering my expectations. $399 would be all kinds of awesome though. I paid $700 for my 360 but it came with 3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom