• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Slim PS3 ...good fake or...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kagari said:
There will be a FFXIII bundle though, in Japan, most probably in Europe, and who knows for the US.

Will Microsoft get exclusive TV ads though?, like Resident Evil 5, Grand Theft Auto IV etc. I'd imagine they'd bundle it too.

JSnake

ashbash159 said:
How many of you people on this thread have already got a PS3?

If so why are you so excited about another model of the PS3, which you don't need if they're making it cheaper and making it so that it has less features?

Also I'd like to know how many people on this thread don't have a PS3 and are waiting for the Slim to be announced before thinking about getting a PS3?

Well I have a PS3 and...

wait, fuck. That's a good question.

tanod

when is my burrito
ashbash159 said:

If so why are you so excited about another model of the PS3, which you don't need if they're making it cheaper and making it so that it has less features?

Also I'd like to know how many people on this thread don't have a PS3 and are waiting for the Slim to be announced before thinking about getting a PS3?

Buying #2 I've been running my PS3 ragged between 100s of hours of PS2 RPGS, PS3 games and literally over 8 months 24/7 (no joke) straight of folding, my launch 60GB PS3's GPU is on it's last legs.

-x.Red.x-

ashbash159 said:

I have me a PlayStation 3 (c)

and oh

CONSOLE WARZ

Carl

HUELEN10 said:
Well, I HAD a PS3 60GB, but it got loud as a train, so I sold it and kept all my games, waiting for the slim. At the very least, the slim will run cooler,be quieter, and play all my PS3 games, and with a CRT HDTV, I can use my PS2 for older games and not have to worry about upscale lag. Also, the Slim is matte, so it will be a day-one buy for me!

This, except without the creepy hands.

Oh and i didn't sell mine

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
ashbash159 said:

Because we want team Sony to win the console warZZZZ!!!!1111!oNe111 don't you get it ?

I own a PS3 and I'll be trading mine in for a slim day one.

matmanx1

Yes I have a PS3! A glorious, shiny, 60GB fully BC, PS3, thankyouverymuch!!

Still, I love a good internet drama as it pertains to my favorite hobby and this one is as good as I've seen in awhile. How will it end? Who knows?! But I can't wait to see....!

DiGi-C

Banned
ashbash159 said:

My mates have PS3's, I'm just not gonna spend more than £200, even then I only want one for Home and messing about on tbh

I already own a PS3 but I'm a big fan of technology and all things gaming. A slim is exciting. I want to see how it looks and what's included and the pricing. It's intriguing.

O BUT CONZAL WARZ R more phun.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Galvanise_ said:
Will Microsoft get exclusive TV ads though?, like Resident Evil 5, Grand Theft Auto IV etc. I'd imagine they'd bundle it too.

Who knows. SCE seems more aggressive with third party advertisement lately.

Angelcurio

ashbash159 said:

Well, i personally had a 60GB model, but died from the YLOD a couple of months ago, so i am waiting for either a price drop or the release of the Slim.

Angelcurio said:
Well, i personally had a 60GB model, but died from the YLOD a couple of months ago, so i am waiting for either a price drop or the release of the Slim.
What do you do with all your data once a systems bugs out, because I think my 60GB is about to go. Is it all gone?

Loudninja

Next up, we have the Presentation Podium section of the PlayStation Events Space re-opening its doors – this time hosting content from the forthcoming gamescom event in Cologne, Germany. Check out the brand new mini-game “SHAPE BLAST” (for your chance to win a lovely trophy for your Harbour Studio) and keep an eye on the forums for some more information regarding the footage we’ll be streaming into the space… ;)

Posted on 12 August, 2009 at 6:18 pm by Elliott Linger

Hi BLACK13,
Check out the video that will be in the Presentation Podium tomorrow when it opens. It will contain a few little suprises…

There’s also a new mini-game called “Shape Blast” – so be sure to check that one out too…

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009...m-opens-its-doors-for-gamescom/#comment-14574

Intersecting.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
If/When they announce it I will pre-order it for damn sure, I would have more leeway to rearrange my entertainment system.

ashbash159 said:

Dramatic-Prairie-Dog.gif

Egmont

Neo Member
ashbash159 said:

I've been waiting to pick up the Slim version for a while now. I don't have a PS3 (or 360... or PC..), and I didn't want the fat because it was too expensive, too heavy/large, and there weren't many games (not just exclusives, but 360/PS3 games in general) that I was looking forward to. Now that it's cheaper, smaller (easier to travel with, which is very important to me), and there is a catalogue of games that I'd like to play (not to mention a bunch of games on the horizon), I'm ready to buy one.

Looks like it's probably coming out right when I need to travel back to school, though, which means I won't have very much time to enjoy it. =\

Tiduz

Eurogaime
I want a ps3 cuz i need a bluray player upstairs, plus it doesnt hurt to have a backup ps3 when my launch unit YLOD's.

I dont use BC.

Guardian Bob said:
The typography bugs me. The spacing isn't consistent and some letters (like the h) extends above the cap height.

The biggest giveaway is that it uses what almost certainly looks like the user made image from GAF.

McNum

ashbash159 said:

*raises hand*

I want an HD console at some point. But there hasn't really been a deal that I wanted to buy, yet. I'd prefer a PS3 over an Xbox 360, mainly because Live doesn't interest me much, yet if I want to play online occasionally, I have to pay as much as someone who goes online daily. I'm also no fan of casual voice chat. PSN apparently has less, which is a bonus from my point of view. For PS3, I've been holding out for PS2 BC or a PSThree redesign. That and have it approach Wii level price. If the €299 PS3 Slim happens, I might just go for it. I'll have to see the specific offer first, of course.

Also, something I've noticed this week here in Denmark: Several stores have a sale on the 80GB model, or some awesome bundle deals, like both Uncharted and LittleBigPlanet packed in. I mean there's usually some sale going on, the timing is just interesting. It might just be a coincidence, of course, but this thread is full of odd coincidences.

Another detail about a possible Slim that I'm holding out for is simply the size reduction. I'm not even sure a full size PS3 will fit in my TV cabinet, it's rather beefy, after all.

Ettie

MiDNiGHTS said:
The biggest giveaway is that it uses what almost certainly looks like the user made image from GAF.

This thread will implode when we find out Cakefoo is working for Sony and the image is legit. :lol :lol

tinfoil hat, bitches?

Anyway, yeah. Don't have a PS3, waiting for the slim. It'll replace my BD player and (hopefully) PS2. Also needed a price drop before I could get the wife to go along with it.

Xenomorph

Banned
The reason I'm excited is for PSN to expand and grow with new people buying PS3. I'm very close to convincing my friend to buy one very soon and with the new model and price cut, I'm sure he'll be persuaded. Plus even though I have PS2 BC, I might eventually get a slim when my current one (if it does) gets to old and begins to have some hardware failure. My Ps2 was on the fritz when I bought my PS3.

At any rate, I'm more interested in hearing about potential PSP Go (or 3000) price drops, as well as firmware updates and new game content.

Piggus

Blu_LED said:
What do you do with all your data once a systems bugs out, because I think my 60GB is about to go. Is it all gone?

A YLOD is typically a heat-related issue that doesn't actually cause any data loss on the HDD. If you think your PS3 is about to die though, I suggest backing up all your saves anyway unless you're extremely confident you can fix it yourself via a reflow process (it's easy, but requires that you completely disassemble the PS3).

Looks easily photoshopped but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt when they say its just a placeholder.

Already own a 60GB ps3 but I would like to believe its real.

spwolf

McNum said:
*raises hand*

I want an HD console at some point. But there hasn't really been a deal that I wanted to buy, yet. I'd prefer a PS3 over an Xbox 360, mainly because Live doesn't interest me much, yet if I want to play online occasionally, I have to pay as much as someone who goes online daily. I'm also no fan of casual voice chat. PSN apparently has less, which is a bonus from my point of view. For PS3, I've been holding out for PS2 BC or a PSThree redesign. That and have it approach Wii level price. If the €299 PS3 Slim happens, I might just go for it. I'll have to see the specific offer first, of course.

Also, something I've noticed this week here in Denmark: Several stores have a sale on the 80GB model, or some awesome bundle deals, like both Uncharted and LittleBigPlanet packed in. I mean there's usually some sale going on, the timing is just interesting. It might just be a coincidence, of course, but this thread is full of odd coincidences.

Another detail about a possible Slim that I'm holding out for is simply the size reduction. I'm not even sure a full size PS3 will fit in my TV cabinet, it's rather beefy, after all.

there is no need to justify your presence. This is NeoGAF. Where we talk about shit that we care about. Who gives a shit if someone is going to buy PS3 or not? We are here to discuss it not purchase it.

iceatcs

Ah, love the blogging war. They fake it but hoping lucky same to boost trustworthy.

[edit]
Maybe more proof debunk:
From Wario64's thread
Wario64 said:
Spotted in the Best Buy ad for week of August 16. Credit: NeoStrider@CAG

Uncharted for $30 two months before the sequel comes out.

So why Uncharted is on $9 sale.

VegaShinra

jkanownik said:
Retailers usually don't advertise price drop announcements.
If they have a new system sku to sell they'll advertise the system.

Also, BB is advertising the 360 price drop for the Elite.

McNum

spwolf said:
there is no need to justify your presence. This is NeoGAF. Where we talk about shit that we care about. Who gives a shit if someone is going to buy PS3 or not? We are here to discuss it not purchase it.

Hey, question asked, question answered. All we have to go on still is rumors, speculation, lies, and propaganda. Well, I suppose we're waiting for the propaganda. At the end of the day, we're all curious about this, otherwise there wouldn't be this many pages of discussion about it.

The simultaneous sales and suspiciously good bundling deals going on this week, the week before the conference, is an indicator that something is going to happen. The current 80GB version is going to disappear. What replaces it is the interesting bit.

This week is going to be fun, there's going to be a lot of phony leaks like the BestBuy photoshop there for the next few days. Even if a real leak did happen, it could easily get lost in the noise. At least the shops based on the renders from here are going to be easy to spot.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
VegaShinra said:
CAG is reporting the sales for the upcoming ad and nothing about the PS3 Slim is mentioned.
The note next to the mockup on the "ad" says "Available 9/6" which would mean that this wouldn't be in this week's ad, it'd be from an ad a few weeks in the future. The update on the blog states that too.

I don't think the ad looks legit but it may still be incomplete as it's several weeks out. I take pretty much everything on the internet with a heavy dose of skepticism, but I wouldn't be quite so quick to write this off. If it is actually BC, I'd consider selling my 20 gig for one.

VegaShinra

Lambtron said:
The note next to the mockup on the "ad" says "Available 9/6" which would mean that this wouldn't be in this week's ad, it'd be from an ad a few weeks in the future. The update on the blog states that too.

I don't think the ad looks legit but it may still be incomplete as it's several weeks out. I take pretty much everything on the internet with a heavy dose of skepticism, but I wouldn't be quite so quick to write this off. If it is actually BC, I'd consider selling my 20 gig for one.
Yeah, didn't notice the date on it. I wonder if we could look up the Sku given in the ad in the BB database, though.

Cowie

jkanownik said:
Retailers usually don't advertise price drop announcements.

Wait, what do you mean by price drop announcements? US retailers have specifically advertised every single price drop this generation in their weekly ads.

I've wanted a PS3 since day one, but balked at the $1000au asking price, then jumped on the 360 when there was a great deal to be had. If the Slim comes out and drops to $499au then I'll jump in. At the moment it's still no less than $650. Do it Sony, I'm killing to play Fat Princess and Wipeout.

LegoDad

VegaShinra said:
Yeah, didn't notice the date on it. I wonder if we could look up the Sku given in the ad in the BB database, though.

What's the SKU, I can have my informant do it tommorrow...

Edit: 8112394, can anyone clear up what that model # is, makes it easier for him..

spwolf

McNum said:
Hey, question asked, question answered. All we have to go on still is rumors, speculation, lies, and propaganda. Well, I suppose we're waiting for the propaganda. At the end of the day, we're all curious about this, otherwise there wouldn't be this many pages of discussion about it.

The simultaneous sales and suspiciously good bundling deals going on this week, the week before the conference, is an indicator that something is going to happen. The current 80GB version is going to disappear. What replaces it is the interesting bit.

This week is going to be fun, there's going to be a lot of phony leaks like the BestBuy photoshop there for the next few days. Even if a real leak did happen, it could easily get lost in the noise. At least the shops based on the renders from here are going to be easy to spot.

PS3 Slim with price cut is all but confirmed, too many good sources on it as it is. Problem is that too many people dont like reading previous pages and same questions keep being asked over and over again.

Maximus.

Im pretty sure ps3 will get the adverts for FF13. Im also pretty sure it will run way better on ps3, despite the "show" from microsoft at e3. Plus 1 disk > 4+ disks :).

Quincey

Banned
Fraull said:
Im pretty sure ps3 will get the adverts for FF13. Im also pretty sure it will run way better on ps3, despite the "show" from microsoft at e3. Plus 1 disk > 4+ disks :).

I am glad to see that you are "pretty sure it will run way better on PS3". I would like to know where you got this confidence that it will run better, seeing how most 3rd party games on both systems do the opposite of what you claim.

Quincey said:
I am glad to see that you are "pretty sure it will run way better on PS3". I would like to know where you got this confidence that it will run better, seeing how most 3rd party games on both systems do the opposite of what you claim.

Because its being made as though it were an exclusive (because, you know, it was), as in building for the PS3, then porting. What is this, 2008? Fuck sake.

pseudocaesar said:
Because its being made as though it were an exclusive (because, you know, it was), as in building for the PS3, then porting. What is this, 2008? Fuck sake.

like ghostbusters with the ps3 as lead platform right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom