• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

Video of a test battle between Tokyo and Kyoto--text makes it seem like they're basically attempting to demonstrate how strongly lag will or won't affect the match.

Azuran

Banned
F5.gif

Come on Captain Falcon!

Jiggy

While it’s true you can battle over Wi-Fi, your connection environment and the distance between players can cause great changes in speed. That fact probably makes you a little uneasy.

So, we conducted an online battle between Nintendo’s headquarters in Kyoto and the development team in Tokyo. The distance between Kyoto and Tokyo...is nearly the same distance between Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

Here’s the video of that match.
There.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I wonder how many GAFers that don't visit this thread know that it's us that kills this forum every midnight.

I like how that at one point, it almost looks like the platform is doing the Death Star's trench run.

Jiggy

I like how the Mario player knows how to horizontally recover with Mario's cape, and uses it both for a normal recovery and to very nearly (!) successfully dodge Samus' final smash. >_>

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Oh snapz guys, the japanese page has a different video.

Also, of course Snake has to give us a perfect view of his ass during the victory screen :lol

scottnak

Awesome speed for an internet battle. Doesn't look like much difference at all. Definitely glad to see.

Tokyo <--> Kyoto = 513.6 km
LA <--> LV = 368 km!
LA <--> SF = 560 km...

Guess I can smash with the folks back home quite easily then!

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
I like how the Mario player knows how to horizontally recover with Mario's cape, and uses it both for a normal recovery and to very nearly (!) successfully dodge Samus' final smash. >_>

He came so close to making it, too. If the giant laser ray of death didn't flare up at the end, Mario would have cleanly dodged it.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
chaoticprout said:
The announcer is so bad compared to SSBM. =(

Yeah not digging the announcer at all, but we actually already heard a bunch of him from the old Fall Conference videos

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Bah, the Snake player wasted time on using that pistol item! Would've wanted to see more of his moves. :(

Jiggy

-Game modes hit 34 updates and are still by far the most frequent kind.

-Our five least recent types are now how to play, assist trophy, item, special moves, and--yes--character profile.

-Only 4 days of updates remaining before the Japanese release date. For those of you not following the spoiler thread (in which there actually haven't been many spoilers at all yet), unlockables of all sorts (character, stage, whatever) may start to be revealed after that day, considering the precedent of the Japan-only Melee site. Be forewarned.

Well, that was quick. >_>

Iam Canadian

I'll bet Sakurai was playing as Kirby in the Japanese video. :D

Actually, it seems odd to me that the Japanese site would get a completely different video. Maybe there's an explanation in the Japanese text?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom