• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rambaldi

So did we know that dying as ZSS would not revert you back to Samus? I've never actually seen a match that lasted long enough to tell.

Rambaldi said:
So did we know that dying as ZSS would not revert you back to Samus? I've never actually seen a match that lasted long enough to tell.
don't know about others but I have, you need the smash ball to get your suit back.

fresquito

shaft said:
btw, Kirby's final smash is pretty powerful. I saw it twice, and both times almost all the characters got smashed out.
Yeah, it looks a bit overpowered, specially if you compare it to Ike's, which seems to be more difficult to make it work and isn't as powerfull.

I'm guessing some smash are more or less powerfull in order to make some characters stronger or weaker. If Ike's anything like Marth, I can see why his smash isn't very good.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
shaft said:
btw, Kirby's final smash is pretty powerful. I saw it twice, and both times almost all the characters got smashed out.

It's pretty sneaky, because you can go fly off to the edge of the screen/arena then pull it off, which sucks everybody in, and when they fly out there's a greater chance of them being KO'd when they fly out, regardless of their percentage.

jts

...hate me...
Speaking of the online: does anyone know if it will it be p2p or thru dedicated servers?

And also, since i'm not an experienced online player, how much bandwidth does it take? Recentelly i got a new provider now which reduced me download speed from 12Mbps to 3Mbps, but the upload speed was boosted to a nice 512~640kbps.

mio said:
Speaking of the online: does anyone know if it will it be p2p or thru dedicated servers?

And also, since i'm not an experienced online player, how much bandwidth does it take? Recentelly i got a new provider now which reduced me download speed from 12Mbps to 3Mbps, but the upload speed was boosted to a nice 512~640kbps.
thats more then enough for any 4 player game.

Miguga64

Did you see in the online video that Mario did the Dash in the air, but then he was falling in "active state" and he touch the floor with a kind of wavedash? strange

Just After Samus Final Smash

swerve

sp0rsk said:
I need this game. Less than a week left. arggg

SO exciting. I am panicked because, although I have a confirmed pre-order at one store, they won't sell it to me the previous evening... whereas the store which I usually get games early from sold out of pre-orders in mere hours. If you get it before me I might die from the jealousy. In fact, I've just decided I'm going to take next Thursday off.

Teasel

the guy who update the site: holy lord sakurai,today we planned to show a secret character but we can't anymore because of the delay what should we do
holy lord sakurai: RELEASE A VIDEO OF US PLAYING THE GAME WHILE THOSE PUNY MORTAL CAN'T
the guy who update the site: but... isn't this going to make the situation wo.
holy lord sakurai: ARE YOU QUESTIONING MY ORDERS?
the guy who update the site: no,no i would never do that... very well sir

The quality of the animation in this game continues to simply astound me. It's really on display in the Mario/Sonic bit in the 5 minute video. They both move so fluidly, it's almost beautiful. :O

Makes me wish some other devs with talent would work on Wii.

Iam Canadian said:
I'll bet Sakurai was playing as Kirby in the Japanese video. :D

Actually, it seems odd to me that the Japanese site would get a completely different video. Maybe there's an explanation in the Japanese text?

Odds are it was to show the Japanese version of the game to the people on the Japanese site.

webrunner

PataHikari said:
Odds are it was to show the Japanese version of the game to the people on the Japanese site.

It seems like they could have used the Japanese one on the English site.. there was only one Japanese word in the entire video (the translation of "Kirby" directly abouve Kirby's name at the end)

Neiteio

Prophet?

http://www.brawlcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3068

Note how the prophet in question supposedly predicted Mushroomy Kingdom back in December (emphasis on "supposedly" -- there's a lot of "he said, she said"). His/her roster matches the Reno-Markman roster save for one detail: playable Dark Samus.

Thoughts? The inclusion of Dark Samus would round out the roster to a nice even 40 characters (that's playable, so including Sheik, ZSS, and all three PT pokemon). HOWEVER, since Sporsk has all but said that he's seen visual proof of Reno's claims, I guess Dark Samus can't be in the game.

Teh thik plotens!

Neiteio said:
Prophet?

http://www.brawlcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3068

Note how the prophet in question supposedly predicted Mushroomy Kingdom back in December (emphasis on "supposedly" -- there's a lot of "he said, she said"). His/her roster matches the Reno-Markman roster save for one detail: playable Dark Samus.

Thoughts? The inclusion of Dark Samus would round out the roster to a nice even 40 characters (that's playable, so including Sheik, ZSS, and all three PT pokemon). HOWEVER, since Sporsk has all but said that he's seen visual proof of Reno's claims, I guess Dark Samus can't be in the game.

Teh thik plotens!

Just assume they're all fake. We'll know the full playable roster in a week and a half.

webrunner

I don't think anyone's corroborated that this supposed dec 31 post actually existed.

If it did exist then yeah, there's no way they could have guessed "Mushroomy" at all.

But right now we're going by someone SAYING that someone said something that turned out to be true. I mean, I could say that I saw a post on gamefaqs in November that said Frigate Orpheon was a playable stage, and that Shadow the Hedgehog is playable.. would that make it believable?

Scribble

El Pescado said:
Am I the only one who has been annoyed by the use of "Prophet" for this entire ordeal?

GameFAQs started it. ;D

And why doesn't the Cooking DS game music play when Kirby does his Final Smash? I really like that song....why would they actually REMOVE a song for the English version?

just saw the videos

1he5ar.jpg

Fireblend

Banned
El Pescado said:
Am I the only one who has been annoyed by the use of "Prophet" for this entire ordeal?
No, I use the term attention whore everytime I have to refer to them. Unless in the case of someone I believe, in which case the correct term is 'leaker'.
Crushed said:
sp0rsk what happened to your face

is someone killing your parents in the past
:lol

Cynar

El Pescado said:

Yup, stupid kids who want attention most of the time.

Anyway, great updates. I loved Sonic's taunt that they showed. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom