• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
He came so close to making it, too. If the giant laser ray of death didn't flare up at the end, Mario would have cleanly dodged it.
If he had just landed on that platform instead of going straight to the double jump, he would have made it with loads of leeway... Well, depending on whether there's any lag from landing. (Or lag from the connection making him not want to risk it.)

justchris

Wow, that Mario player is hardcore. Several nice recoveries in there, and survived Samus' FS pretty handily.

I love how Link stood behind Samus, charging up his smash until she was done with her FS.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
So from the newest "Iwata Asks" I guess we can assume there are no more online modes, specifically competitive, ranked modes. They seemed pretty adamant on keeping things fair. Im kind of surprised, but I guess there is still hope, all will be revealed in one week.

Chumly

Cool videos. Nice to know that theres no lag.

I still wonder though if Nintendo can handle MILLIONS of people storming their servers. I guess we will have to see. The US launch is going to be the true test.

I'm hoping there's at least some kind of rudimentary match making service for brawl against strangers so you only get matched up with people that are around your skill level.

BlueSummers said:
Glad to see the battles were lag free. Yet the fights were kinda boring.

There was a little lag. When Link uses his down air attack you see it slow a bit. It handles lag really well though. Looks great!

Edit: At about 50 seconds into the video.

Chumly said:

I still wonder though if Nintendo can handle MILLIONS of people storming their servers. I guess we will have to see. The US launch is going to be the true test.

Indeed. This has me very worried. Luckily once it crashes there is SSE to do!

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Insaniac said:
1 minute game... so I suppose you can adjust the time for friend battles?

I think you can adjust for both, the Anyone update shows 2 minutes on the character select screen as well as items and stages options, so you can probably change it to stock too.

coreycubed

Neo Member
Chumly said:

Oh, it's going to be madness. And I'm going to love every minute of it.

It will be known in history as "The Day Nintendo Broke The Internet"

justchris

The japanese video was pretty interesting in itself. Another good Mario player, and I think he would have beat Kirby if Kirby hadn't gotten his FS. It was a smart move using it in mid-air, easier to blast people to their doom from there. Will have to remember that :D

Unremarkable Ike player, but looks like the Snake player wasn't used to his moves. He wasted two rockets firing them into the ground, and it looked like the fourth one hit the ground behind him, and affected him, too. Are Snake's rockets like Link's bombs?

Manabanana said:
There was a little lag. When Link uses his down air attack you see it slow a bit. It handles lag really well though. Looks great!

Yeah, but you have to consider what kind of connections Nintendo would have - the best - which won't be the case for all of us, not to mention a battle from kyoto to tokyo isn't the same as NA to EU to East Asia to JP.

Nice to know that there is little lag except in specific scenarios, but there are two concerns:

1) The distance between the two places isn't that far. It is a realistic scenario to play against someone with longer distance.

2) Japan's infrastructures are said to be much faster than North America's. If this is true, then even Los Vegas to Las Angeles will have higher latency.

So have we learned anything about the customization of rules in online battles with friends? I'm talking about items, game modes, and time limits.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Well this isn't exactly the most exciting of updates... but all the new videos seen elsewhere are pants-wettingly amazing!

fresquito

After seeing the new 5 minutes video at gametrailers my excitement for this game has rocketed.

I mean, I'm getting it day one, Melee is my fave game from last generation, hand in hand with RE4, but I've refrained from feeling excited about this for quite a long time. I've been reading everything and thinking "wow, this game's gonna be totally awesome". And now videos of actual gameplay of the final build have begun to pop up and I'm like "Oh my God, the nostalgia of missing such intense matchs, I miss those days".

The hot potato inside my chest has begun to breath life into my body once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom