• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMaRsu

Banned
[Nintex] said:
How much longer Sakurai :(

What the fuck is NoE doing?

That's what I wanna know. Jesus how hard can it be to translate the game in European langueges? For fuck sake please don't even bother at all and just release it in English! It's good for learning as well!

Fucking germans/french/whatever kids who can't read English.

[Nintex]

Swisslink said:
I hope it's because the EU-Release is on the 31. march...
...But i really don't think it's this early O_O

They think, we just need WiiFit to be happy...
They have 2 months to translate the Japanese game and release it in March, perhaps even longer since it was gold before that. So why won't they release it on 14 march? Why won't they announce a releasedate, wtf...

I'm hoping the two month thing is indicative of the European release as well. The wait is killer here in the U.S., so I'm really hoping you guys don't have to wait much longer either.

Swisslink

MMaRsu said:
That's what I wanna know. Jesus how hard can it be to translate the game in European langueges? For fuck sake please don't even bother at all and just release it in English! It's good for learning as well!

Fucking germans/french/whatever kids who can't read English.

I think the problem isn't the translation...
A Beat'em'up really doesn't have a lot of text to translate...
I think NoE's just stupid like hell o_O

[Nintex]

Keru_Shiri said:
I'm hoping the two month thing is indicative of the European release as well. The wait is killer here in the U.S., so I'm really hoping you guys don't have to wait much longer either.
Q3, August, 14 march, 4 April I've heard every possible month by now. Why won't they announce the releasedate already?

Swisslink

[Nintex] said:
Q3, August, 14 march, 4 April I've heard every possible month by now. Why won't they announce the releasedate already?

I sent a mail to Nintendo Team Germany, they just told me "Soon there'll be a Releasedate"...
But... I think these guys don't really know much more than we do o_O

Fenix

Gah! My laptop at home fried last night, so I can't access the Dojo/Update Thread except from at work until I get a replacement, makes me so mad. I am glad to hear the thread will be around for at least 2 more months.

Also, Jiggy, 38 shoes what the hell.

Swisslink

Keru_Shiri said:

I think the game will be released b4 Mario Kart Wii, cause on the official site of NoE MKWii isn't listed, but SSBB is listed as "coming soon"...
So I hope at least, we'll get the game in Q2 :/
Late... but i think b4 is nearly impossible :(

Finally saw the video. Two things:

1. I hope Pit's voice isn't annoying.

2. wtf., delay better be because of internet/server issues. :mad:

(my sympathies to our PAL brothers and sisters ;_;)

Shiggy

Swisslink said:
I think the problem isn't the translation...
A Beat'em'up really doesn't have a lot of text to translate...
I think NoE's just stupid like hell o_O

They don't want to release it together with Mario Kart Wii, that's the problem as it is planned for April or May.

[Nintex]

Shiggy said:
They don't want to release it together with Mario Kart Wii, that's the problem as it is planned for April or May.
So when will Smash Bros. be released?
And why won't they just delay Mario Kart since they enjoy delaying games anyway?

Swisslink

Shiggy said:

When's the releasedate of MKWii?
I wouldn't know a date if there is one already.
I really don't think that's the reasen, because... MKWii in April? Nope :-?

Jiggy

Fenix said:
Also, Jiggy, 38 shoes what the hell.
Jiggybot Girl Mode had more than 32 but less than 38. So 33-37. >_> Also she never specified whether that was 33-37 pairs, or just the total number.

Keru_Shiri said:
Finally saw the video. Two things:

1. I hope Pit's voice isn't annoying.

2. wtf., delay better be because of internet/server issues. :mad:

1. It already is to me. D: Not like I intended to play him anyway, but I'm going to have to play against him at some point or other. D:
2. Yes. :mad:

[Nintex]

Swisslink said:
It doesn't make any sense. And since Sakurai knows that Europe needs to wait even longer they must have planned a releasedate.

Jiggy

Isn't the reason Europe usually gets screwed on release dates because there's some kind of law in place that games have to be released in several languages there (English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, etc.)? Honest question; I can't remember where I heard that and I was wondering if it was true. Personally, I'd be kind of ticked if I knew any one language there, but had to wait for my games because of all the others... >_>

CTLance

Keru_Shiri said:
Duly noted. *goes back to rocking back and forth and sobbing in a corner*

The game looks so awesome. And even moreso every time I visit the other threads. Game of the forever.

Swisslink

[Nintex] said:
It doesn't make any sense. And since Sakurai knows that Europe needs to wait even longer they must have planned a releasedate.

Yep...
I just don't know, why the dojo will bring up news, exactly 2 more months...
In 2 month everybody except the european have the game...
Ok, I hope it's because of the releasedate in Europe... But if the releasedate is this early, why don't we have the REAL date? >_<
Doesn't make sense at all :/

[Nintex]

Jiggy37 said:
Isn't the reason Europe usually gets screwed on release dates because there's some kind of law in place that games have to be released in several languages there (English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, etc.)? Honest question; I can't remember where I heard that and I was wondering if it was true. Personally, I'd be kind of ticked if I knew any one language there, but had to wait for my games because of all the others... >_>
Yes, but other companies release their games worldwide without any problems. And recently NoE released Super Mario Galaxy and Advance Wars DS 2 in the same month as the US, which has never happened before.

Shiggy

Swisslink said:

Afaik MKWii will hit Europe first, as it's the "Mario Kart territory", sales-wise. The already known pre-order bonus also suggests that Europeans will get it in April or early May. The online-mode shows that they test it frequently.

At first, I heard SSBB was slated for April, but the new target date really seems to be August. It's a strategic delay, I believe.

@[Nintex]
Well, we got Endless Ocean faster than NA and Zelda Minish Cap even first.

Fenix

Jiggy37 said:
Jiggybot Girl Mode had more than 32 but less than 38. So 33-37. >_> Also she never specified whether that was 33-37 pairs, or just the total number.

Girl... mode?

Ok now I am seriously creeped out.

Jiggy

Yes, my androids have what I've deemed "mode swings."

[Nintex] said:
Yes, but other companies release their games worldwide without any problems. And recently NoE released Super Mario Galaxy and Advance Wars DS 2 in the same month as the US, which has never happened before.
Well, there's probably more text than either of those, but yeah, it's such a long delay that it really makes no sense. :/

scottnak

Fenix said:
Girl... mode?

Ok now I am seriously creeped out.
You didn't think that was the ACTUAL jiggy?

... well. hm. To think about it... we'd never know.
"one hour" of thinking time. Suspicious indeed.

[Nintex]

Shiggy said:
Afaik MKWii will hit Europe first, as it's the "Mario Kart territory", sales-wise. The already known pre-order bonus also suggests that Europeans will get it in April or early May. The online-mode shows that they test it frequently.

At first, I heard SSBB was slated for April, but the new target date really seems to be August. It's a strategic delay, I believe.

@[Nintex]
Well, we got Endless Ocean faster than NA and Zelda Minish Cap even first.
Smash Bros. in April, Mario Kart in May, problem solved?

NeonZ said:
Huh... TSA, that's clearly wrong. Just look at the Hyrule market shots released around the delay announcement with the ones of the final game. They probably did delay GCN TP a year for the Wii version, but it wasn't the completed game yet.

Clearly wrong? I'm not going to bother digging up the quotes from Aonuma from his speech at GDC last year, go Google it, but the man admitted TP was done on GCN in principle around the end of 2005, and then they began the Wii port/version.

legend166 said:
you sure do whinge a lot.

You clearly haven't been to other boards.

Bonerville High said:
Get away with? No video game company is an entity that has been enlisted to create games for the benefit of their fanbase. Companies exist to make a profit, get over it.

Glad you don't run a business because the SALE part of the business model is not the end nor the beginning. The SERVICING part is the most crucial in the process because you can be a bad ass salesperson, but if your product sucks ass or you don't treat your clients right, they won't come back to you.

Jiggy

Actually, there was this anime message board where I had two accounts, one with a male avatar and one with a female, and whenever people would assume--
--uh, wait, no, let's not go there. I'll just say that I feel bad for what it must be like to be a girl on the internets. :(

Back on topic, how do we effectively and positively spam Nintendo with messages in order to get them to change? Whether it's late release dates for Europe, pushing the game back in NA seemingly just to get a bigger sales figure for launch, or probably never making any more single-player Subspace Emissary spinoffs like they rightfully should, there's a lot to complain about and I want to make it happen. :( If Shiggy has connections, I'm going through him. (Well, connections to Nintendo of Japan would be preferable, but I'll take what modicums of hope I can. D:)

Edit: Okay, he doesn't. But surely there's someone on NeoGAF who works for Nintendo? Somewhere? D: I need hope.

[Nintex]

TSA said:
Clearly wrong? I'm not going to bother digging up the quotes from Aonuma from his speech at GDC last year, go Google it, but the man admitted TP was done on GCN in principle around the end of 2005, and then they began the Wii port/version.

You clearly haven't been to other boards.
No, he said that they finished the game early 2006, but Nintendo wanted to wait for the holidays since the NGC was dead anyway.

Shiggy

Jiggy37 said:
Back on topic, how do we effectively and positively spam Nintendo with messages in order to get them to change? Whether it's late release dates for Europe, pushing the game back in NA seemingly just to get a bigger sales figure for launch, or probably never making any more single-player Subspace Emissary spinoffs like they rightfully should, there's a lot to complain about and I want to make it happen. :( If Shiggy has connections, I'm going through him. (Well, connections to Nintendo of Japan would be preferable, but I'll take what modicums of hope I can. D:)

Edit: Okay, he doesn't. But surely there's someone on NeoGAF who works for Nintendo? Somewhere? D: I need hope.

Try these two:
Lea Treese
Tel.: +49 06026 – 950-177
lea.treese@nintendo.de

Harald Ebert
Tel.: +49 06026 – 950-218
harald.ebert@nintendo.de

They probably won't answer your mails, but your phone calls they should.

Of course, they aren't really in a position to change the dates, but they are more important than those from the service hotline. Blame NCL, please.

Firestorm

Jiggy37 said:

Nintendo reads GAF. They just don't care.

I thought TSA had valid points. The problem is we can't do a thing about it. Nintendo will do as they like and they'll continue to sell millions =/

Jiggy

Shiggy said:
Try these two:
Lea Treese
Tel.: +49 06026 – 950-177
lea.treese@nintendo.de

Harald Ebert
Tel.: +49 06026 – 950-218
harald.ebert@nintendo.de

They probably won't answer your mails, but your phone calls they should.
*considers this*
International telephone call. 100% chance of extra expense. 0.00001% chance of changing minds. Will I take it? D:

Firestorm said:

I thought TSA had valid points. The problem is we can't do a thing about it. Nintendo will do as they like and they'll continue to sell millions =/
Yeah, pretty much...

...Wait, idea! What if GAF pools money and buys a sufficient amount of Nintendo stock to be able to make demands? :D

Yeah, I'm still in denial. :(

SovanJedi said:
Bloody hell TheSilentAssassin. I hate to be a broken record on this, but be thankful you actually have a release date and it's so soon after the Japanese one. You'll be able to play it at the peak of its interest against a lot of feverish Japanese players. Stop throwing your toys out of the pram.

Nexus Zero said:
Yeah, I'm tired of fucking Americans crying about their woeful delays. Live in Europe more.

And TP wasn't delayed a whole year just for Wii. As someone else mentioned, the difference between Castle Town then and now is night and day. By the way it was implemented I reckon they got six months into the polishing process and thought "well the Wii's out in six months let's shoehorn in some half-hearted, sluggish motion controls because otherwise we won't have any kind of 'real' game to launch with!"

Either way, it had a near-as-dammit worldwide launch. We all got it within weeks of each other. That's brilliant.

1) With the strength or your money over there, why the heck don't you just import most of your games by now? Just buy an NTSC-U hardware unit, and buy our games? I know of several import stores, and even with the mark-ups, with the exchange rate as it is, you guys make a killing in savings in comparison to what you would pay for PAL versions sold there.

2) Those screens they showed off were from months before the announced delay. But I'd get burned if I revealed how I knew that. They were put out to generate sympathy among the more "knowledgeable" gamers who could "see" the game still needed work. I got to play a near-final build of the GCN version in December 05. I love how everyone believes the story they painted for the delay of the game. It was one reason and one reason only. To give the Wii a solid, core game for launch.

3) The end result of having a nearly worldwide launch while involving new hardware was impressive, I will admit that. However, not nearly as impressive as the release of Ocarina of Time. Within days of each other? That's how it should always be done.

No seriously, sorry to off-topic, I'll stop after this (I'll go to the official TP thread and follow up to anything else).

Back to Brawl - has anyone unlocked more of the trophies? I'm quite curious to see their descriptions.

I saw the Black Knight's description.
Too bad they don't reveal he is General Zelgius in the description, but I guess that is good as that was a real shock for those who bothered to play both titles through.
However, I was kinda hoping to see him or Ashnard as a boss in SSE for Ike.

Scribble

Firestorm said:

Argh! It makes me SO MAD.

[Nintex]

TSA said:
Just buy an NTSC-U hardware unit, and buy our games?
This is the problem, I haven't found an import shop with NTSC Wii's in Europe and they are also in short supply in the US. Alot of American webshops don't ship overseas so it's almost impossible to buy one from the US.

Tomorrow is February 1st. It's going to go fast (slow) guys, and it really isn't THAT long.

Oh and those speculating MKwii April/May release, well, I wouldn't count on it. I'd expect it in August at the earliest.

[Nintex]

underfooter said:
Oh and those speculating MKwii April/May release, well, I wouldn't count on it. I'd expect it in August at the earliest.
This is exactly what NoE would do though. Even if MK is delayed they'll just release nothing.

[Nintex] said:
This is the problem, I haven't found an import shop with NTSC Wii's in Europe and they are also in short supply in the US. Alot of American webshops don't ship overseas so it's almost impossible to buy one from the US.

Meh, beat me to my edit - I was going to say Wii may be an exception at the moment because of the high demand, but I meant with portables you have no region lock, and past consoles - like GCN especially. I know Play-Asia sells NTSC-U titles and ships them to Europe (just tried to buy TP Wii for UK and it was going to allow it, but I stopped at the process order step). NCSX may also do exports to UK, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom