• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Jiggy37 said:
Well, you could always sign up for another 2,500 posts, unless I already gave that section to someone else without knowing. >_>

Let's see how much time I have before I go agreeing to do that.

If I do have the time for it, though, I'd be happy to.

Jiggy

Cerebral Assassin said:
Also I have the week off so I can go through some pages for you if you need.
Okay, posts 30,001-32,500. Thanks! :D

scottnak said:
Dear lord. I just got to the range of posts where Peach was announced.
I think I'm going to be sick.
Panty shots or something?

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
Let's see how much time I have before I go agreeing to do that.

If I do have the time for it, though, I'd be happy to.
Okay, I'll temporarily not have anyone take posts 37,501-40,000, then.

NickP786

Awesome idea! I'm definitely up for helping out with this, I didn't post much but this thread was always a daily must read for me.

Jiggy

dude said:
I remember a picture of peach as Leia with Jabba the Hut :S
That was a week later, with the Petey Piranha update. >_> Maybe scottnak got that too, though, I don't know.

NickP786 said:
Awesome idea! I'm definitely up for helping out with this, I didn't post much but this thread was always a daily must read for me.
Alright, thanks! :D Look over posts 32,501-35,000...

Dojo thread's really mobilized!

Jiggy

My brain is melting from that Peach stuff. D:

Fenix said:
I'm down for helping out too, reading all the old posts sure will be fun.
Alright, posts 35,001-37,500 it is. Here's the signup list so far:

Posts 10,001-12,500: Danthrax
Posts 12,501-15,000: scottnak
Posts 15,001-17,500: Syth_Blade22
Posts 17,501-20,000: Iam Canadian
Posts 20,001-22,500: Man God
Posts 22,501-25,000: RoboPlato
Posts 25,001-27,500: Keru_Shiri
Posts 27,501-30,000: crowphoenix
Posts 30,001-32,500: Cerebral Assassin
Posts 32,501-35,000: NickP786
Posts 35,001-37,500: Fenix

Posts 37,501-40,000: possibly reserved for Iam Canadian?

Posts 40,001-42,500: Guled

Posts 55,001-60,000: Jiggy37 (I know we're not there yet)

NickP786 said:
Jiggy - Before I forget, should I just post the interesting things I find and/or PM you with links to the posts?
Just save links to the posts in Word (or Notepad, or whatever). When you're done, either write some short (like one sentence) summaries of why they're memorable, or send them to me and I'll do the summaries when the time comes. :D

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm not finding anything particularly good in my section either, but I'll keep on going. Hopefully I can get one or two.

Jiggy

crowphoenix said:
XD I just checked to see what section I got. I got the Dec 3rd Delay. :lol This is going to be an epic read.
Be sure to include a link to the first page where it starts up. :D

mr stroke

I couldn't find anything in the other Smash thread on online rankings?
can anyone tell me if the online matches show Wins and Loses? and is there any type of ranking system at all for online?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
mr stroke said:
I couldn't find anything in the other Smash thread on online rankings?
can anyone tell me if the online matches show Wins and Loses? and is there any type of ranking system at all for online?

None unfortunately

Even after Super Smash Bros. Brawl goes public, there’ll be a bunch of Assist Trophies that haven’t been introduced yet.

I don’t want you to get confused and ask, "What the heck is THAT?" So I’ve gotten these together and made a guide for you!

<Metroid>

assist15_080206_art1.jpg

Like the name says, this Assist Trophy is from the game Metroid. It’s an artificial life-form that absorbs all kinds of energy.

In our game, it also attaches to the head and starts to drain its victim. Since it will increase your damage, try to shake it loose.

assist15_080206a-l.jpg

No! Stop! Get off my head!

<Tingle>

assist15_080206_art2.jpg

Tingle’s appeared in quite a few games, most recently as you see him here in "The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker." This self-styled fairy is 35 years old and still single!

He calls up all sorts of effects at random.

assist15_080206b-l.jpg

"Tingle! Tingle! Kooloo-limpah!"

<Kat & Ana>

assist15_080206_art3.jpg

These girls appear in the WarioWare series. They’re twin ninja kindergartners! And when you put their names together, it spells "Katana."

They have a brilliant dance combination that can cut people to pieces!

assist15_080206c-l.jpg

Run away! Run away! But...there’s nowhere to run!

<Jeff>

assist15_080206_art4.jpg

Dr. Andonuts’s son. In EarthBound, he uses his supersmarts to create lots of inventions.

In our game, he uses the Multi-Bottle Rocket 5. He can launch four mini-rockets and one mega-rocket.

assist15_080206d-l.jpg

Guided missiles... Lovely.

<Helirin>

assist15_080206_art5.jpg

The Helirin is from Kuru Kuru Kururin. It’s a flying machine with long rotor blades that slowly rotate.

But it doesn’t really carry out attacks. It becomes part of the terrain, so you can ride on it. Sometimes it even gets in the way!

assist15_080206e-l.jpg

An unforeseen accident!

<Jill & Drill Dozer>

assist15_080206_art6.jpg

Jill is the daughter of the boss of the bandit gang known as The Red Dozers. She rides the Drill Dozer, and she means business.

Her weapon is a giant drill, of course! The drill and nothing but the drill! She never thinks of retreating, it seems.

assist15_080206f-l.jpg

Man, I’m even afraid of dentist drills...

<Nintendogs>

assist15_080206_art7.jpg

These guys appear in Nintendogs, of course. They play kind of close to the screen, but let’s just indulge them, OK?

This Nintendog is a Labrador retriever. Labradors are really popular all over the world.

assist15_080206g-l.jpg

They wait for things to get really heated, then they come and tease you.

<Lakitu>

assist15_080206_art8.jpg

The famous character Lakitu appears in 2-D. He’s from the Super Mario Bros. series.

Lakitu drops spiked eggs, which then hatch into Spinies. They’re kind of like spiky turtles. Those spikes sure look like they hurt...

assist15_080206h-l.jpg

I’m always happy when he comes out in a Multi-Man Brawl.

<Hammer Bro>

assist15_080206_art9.jpg

These guys are also from Super Mario Bros. They’re pretty tough, so they tend to make a "big impact" on players.

They throw their hammers in big arcs, and also appear in The Subspace Emissary as enemy characters.

assist15_080206i-l.jpg

Heave-ho—ouch!

Even if you get an Assist Trophy, it won’t come out until you hoist it over your head while on the ground. But once you do, it really changes the course of the fight!

Woo hoo I was partly right in my prediction....Assist Trophies galore! I especially love the Kat & Ana and Kuru Kuru Kururin trophies! :D

Hopefully Tingle and Kat & Ana will be playable in Smash Bros. 4! :D

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Awesome update.

Might as well de-count the stealth Hammer Brothers and Nintendogs updates too, Jigs.

Think I'd get in trouble if I made a Jeff avatar? He's not a spoiler, so it should be okay.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
VeritasVierge said:
That's interesting. Why only post a handful and not a list??
It's already a pretty massive update in terms of size and screencaps. Besides, we've still got a long haul to US release....:(

God, do I feel stupid for never having noticed that they spelled "Katana" together.
Also, I suddenly begin to wonder if Samus can knock a Metroid off with her down-B.

kirbutashi said:
God, do I feel stupid for never having noticed that they spelled "Katana" together.
Also, I suddenly begin to wonder if Samus can knock a Metroid off with her down-B.

I hope explosions of all kind repel Metroids.

EDIT: Also, I wish there was an Event with a Stamina mode that requires you to survive 30 seconds versus three Metroids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom