• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
MetatronM said:
....How the hell did you play "18 hours" without getting to the bridge? The bridge is like 2 hours in, maybe not even that.

...Okay:

Danthrax said:
I can't help it the game was too boring the first time 'round to get to the bridge part.

This part is snarky and sarcastic.

Danthrax said:
(I actually played 18 hours before putting it down for over 4 months... I've just restarted it with the intention of finishing.)

This part is truth.

And BTW I have no idea how you got to the bridge duel in 2 hours. On my restart a couple days ago, I reached the end of first dungeon in 4 hours 19 minutes and I'd like to think I went at a decent clip.

You'd think they'd be showing off that newly revealed Zelda, and Link in these screens. Maybe they don't want to show too much of Zelda fighting I guess.
In case we figure out the Sheik isn't showing up when Zelda does her down B

{Mike}

Banned
Knox said:
stage05_070706a-l.jpg

111237368201po1.png

Reptile confirmed.

akl_1.jpg

JAGO CONFIRMED !!!!

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
gimz said:
ok, now i kinda what them to take a break for showing new characters or stage

i want information about the different modes in game

Are you this boring in real life too?

apotema said:
We will see a Wind Waker stage, you can count on it............ AND A METROID PRIME STAGE!!!

A Wind Waker stage would be so nice - the YI stage shows good the contrasting styles can look. But i get the feeling we won't see it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
You know it's sometimes difficult to tell which part is the snarky part and which isn't when both are in the same line.

As for the 2 hours thing, slight exaggeration. I merely remember it being very early, though I also don't remember the first dungeon taking nearly that long.

MetatronM said:
You know it's sometimes difficult to tell which part is the snarky part and which isn't when both are in the same line.

As for the 2 hours thing, slight exaggeration. I merely remember it being very early, though I also don't remember the first dungeon taking nearly that long.

I took the game pretty slowly and I don't think I reached the Bridge of Eldin until 12 or so hours in. Think about it, there's a fair bit to do. Whole introduction with monkey, then you go into the twilight, then stealth part, then twilight again, then forest temple, then go to hyrule field, then twilight again, then get epona back, then you reach the bridge.

apotema

Well I think we may see the biggest staplers of the GC games, I Imagine perfectly a Metroid Prime stage, Wind Waker, Paper Mario, and maybe even a Pikmin stage

apotema said:
Well I think we may see the biggest staplers of the GC games, I Imagine perfectly a Metroid Prime stage, Wind Waker, Paper Mario, and maybe even a Pikmin stage

God i hope their is a pikmin stage, olimar you better be in this game.

Zerodoppler said:
Personally, I hope there are no more stages from Gamecube games since all Nintendo games on Gamecube had shitty music.
I'm still waiting for a F-zero GX level
man that game had awesome music

Dark Ninja said:
I'm still waiting for a F-zero GX level
man that game had awesome music

Hell no! GX had the worst music of any F-Zero by far.

Alkaliine said:
Yes Prime did have shitty music.

Wait, what?

Prime had a couple of nice ambient tracks, but who would want to listen to that while playing Smash Bros.?

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
Zerodoppler said:
Personally, I hope there are no more stages from Gamecube games since all Nintendo games on Gamecube had shitty music.

F-Zero GX? Super Mario Sunshine? Wind Waker? Animal Crossing? Mario Power Tennis? Mario Golf Toadstool Tour?

Am I missing something...

Zerodoppler said:
Hell no! GX had the worst music of any F-Zero by far.

Prime had a couple of nice ambient tracks, but who would want to listen to that while playing Smash Bros.?

I think a Phlendrana Drifts stage (misspelled I'm sure, but I'm not checking at 4am in the morning) with a remixed version of the music in that area would be amazing.

They could punch up the tempo in that music for Smash.

Edit- Oh, and the music in GX was great. I can still remember the cheesy lyrics from Billy's and McCloud's themes.

Big Icarus said:
I think a Phlendrana Drifts stage (misspelled I'm sure, but I'm not checking at 4am in the morning) with a remixed version of the music in that area would be amazing.

Almost. Just take away the l.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
MetatronM said:

Well the dungeon itself only took about an hour and a half, but it took 3 freaking hours just to get through the introduction. I swear, the amount of cutscenes in that first three hours must rival that of any given three-hour span in Xenosaga.

Also, "I have to herd stupid goats AGAIN? I have to find HOW MANY stupid glowing bugs? WHY can't this woman find her own damn cat?" -_-

Big Icarus said:

Edit- Oh, and the music in GX was great. I can still remember the cheesy lyrics from Billy's and McCloud's themes.

I think Phendrana Drifts 2 is awesome enough. It already has an increased tempo... great song.

I'm currently playing TP for the first time, and I just got past the second encounter with the skill/skull knight.

Excellent game, and the bridge is very fitting.

I'm pretty sure that the bridge is a fair amount in; past the fire temple, before water. It was around 14 hours in for me, personally.

Edit: I found people complain a bit too much. I never heard about the bugs, and I herded the goats twice. Oh no!

Only thing I haven't liked is the damn wallet, which is way too small (had to redo the entire Fire Temple hunting for chests because after the temple I ran out of money fast) and the fact that the big and small chests have rupees. I say small chests have rupees and big chests have things like keys and heart containers/pieces.

Everything else has been most excellent.

FlightOfHeaven said:
I'm currently playing TP for the first time, and I just got past the second encounter with the skill/skull knight.

Excellent game, and the bridge is very fitting.

I'm pretty sure that the bridge is a fair amount in; past the fire temple, before water. It was around 14 hours in for me, personally.

Actually the Bridge is before Goron Mines, I'm pretty sure. Remember, you save Colin and then he tells you that you must help the Goron tribe. And you try to but you need to get the iron boots first.

Right, and you have to return to the village on your horse. But there's no bridge between your village and Karakiko village.

I'm probably wrong, and the game's just been one big adventure. It's my first grim Zelda. :p

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
FlightOfHeaven said:
Edit: I found people complain a bit too much. I never heard about the bugs, and I herded the goats twice. Oh no!

I was talking about the dark bugs you have to kill to collect those droplets of light or whatever. You know, the fetch quest before each of the initial dungeons. And twice was more than enough for the goats.

Mojojo

Awesome. So much content pouring into this game, is the team working on it bigger than the SMG team?
Sakurai adding fairly recent Nintendo games (Nintendogs, Zelda TP), I am expecting something from the Brain training games to make an appearance in Smash Bros :D .
Professor Kawashima's head as a boss battle !

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
FlightOfHeaven said:
But the goats were ridiculously easy.

And the bugs... Eh. They honestly did not bother me so much.

Oh they weren't hard. The first time, it was like, "okay, tee hee, this is different" but the second time it was like, "did I just fall backwards into the game by an hour? Why am I doing the exact same thing?" Too many words have been spent discussing the goats already here, they weren't a big complaint of mine.

The bugs wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so obviously there just to make you be a wolf in the twilight realm for a while each time you want to tackle a new dungeon.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Cool level design. Its very simple, when the middle is gone its basically Reverse Final Destination but it really changes the way you play. Lots of projectile items should drop.

It'll be really rewarding to spike someone through the gap and then the bridge piece teleports back, trapping them underneath. :lol

What an awesome level. Chunks of it will actually fall down - imagine if you are in the middle of a heated battle and the ground beneath you crumbles...

Anyway, I want a Metroid Prime -themed stage as well. The Metroid -stages in Melee were rather mediocre ( or plain bad ).

Ramenman

Great surprise !! really wasn't expecting that one at all.

The great thing is the impression that you're actually playing on the Whole Hyrule map. With the sunset and all, it really looks like what you see in the game.

And the phacochere guy coming to shoot you, and omg the bridge collapsing, and re-omg the pieces being teleported back.

Just make Midna appear for 2 seconds when the bridge teleports back and it's perfect.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
{Mike} said:
I mean, this is completely what I asked with the Bowser 8-bits stage with the bridge. I was half right! :lol

Very impressive! Conceptually your request is close to what we got. And on the same day too. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom