• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bridge of Eldin

This area appeared in the Wii game The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. If you’ve played that title, you ought to remember this place.

The terrain is flat. I mean, really flat.

And the enemy leader, King Bulblin, makes cameo appearances. Occasionally, he uses bombs to blast holes in the stage.

stage05_070706b-l.jpg

Run! It’s King Bulblin and Lord Bullbo!

stage05_070706c-l.jpg

Uh-oh! There’s a hole...

But don’t worry. The missing chunk will be magically transported via portal to fill in the gap.

stage05_070706d-l.jpg

Whoa! Just like the original game!

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Smash Bros. spoiled my Zelda TP experience! I hate you Sakurai, I didn't know there were bridges in the game!! Damnit!

scottnak

Yum! A TP stage!!
This will definitely be an interesting stage! A constant enemy that occasionally gets in the way. And a big hole in the MIDDLE of the stage? Awwwwesome!!

Great week!

Zeed

Banned
Come to think of it, that's the place where you have that epic jousting showdown in TP. How appropriate - I didn't think of that!

zelda-480p-screenshots-20061110090458940.jpg

Jiggy37 said:
Wasn't there someone on here who completely called a Zelda stage exactly like this in every way?

Not sure but that might have been me, I made a post about how I wanted a TP stage, I think I may have mentioned this area. Too lazy to look through my posts. :lol

This is ****ing awesome.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Zeed said:
Come to think of it, that's the place where you have that epic jousting showdown in TP. How appropriate - I didn't think of that!

zelda-480p-screenshots-20061110090458940.jpg

That reminds me of the scene at the end with
Ganondorf on his horse holding Midna's Helmet and crushing it with his hand.
Ive wanted a hi-res screenshot of that forever to use as a wallpaper

Chris Michael said:
Woah... you can play this game with the D-pad by playing with the Wiimote horizontally?

Why can't they make this for the DS again? :D One of the biggest BS I've heard is that "zomg SSB can't be played with teh d-pad".

Well, you'll see why when the game comes out.

Anyone using a GCN controller will have a big advantage over you in terms of technical capacity.

Avrum

I must say, this has been the most kick assedness week thus far for these updates. Giga Bowser Final Smash and this latest Stage update totally take the cake for me.

Even if Smash isn't playable at E3, I demand a new trailer!

NotWii

Banned
Danthrax said:
Smash Bros. spoiled my Zelda TP experience! I hate you Sakurai, I didn't know there were bridges in the game!! Damnit!
Your own damn fault for not playing it 8months later...

apotema

Which music theme will it have???

Hyrule field theme???
Colin rescue theme???
Duel theme???

It would be nice to have a change to a twilight environment in the battle

Zeed

Banned
Wii said:
Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Anyway, I've been listening to that Zelda Medley song that was released before. I think it'd match perfectly with this stage. What do you think? Would they pair OoT music with a TP stage?

PkunkFury

a long flat stage. I like it. No where to hide from projectiles. Is good to see some stage variety, even if it is this slight. i like that the middle falls out, too. Should be an interesting way of splitting up 4 player matches.

The lighting looks nice, good to see the sun is actually being used as the source.

gimz

ok, now i kinda what them to take a break for showing new characters or stage

i want information about the different modes in game

apotema said:
Which music theme will it have???

Hyrule field theme???
Colin rescue theme???
Duel theme???

It would be nice to have a change to a twilight environment in the battle

I was hoping for a twilight change too but it seems, with the sun in the background, that it'll probably undergo day/night changes.

For the theme, it's probably something we don't expect for this area. But I'm hoping for the TP hyrule field theme, it's SO GOOD.

RagnarokX

Well OoT Medley really doesnt fit this stage. I'm hoping it has a remix of the TP overworld for this stage. I wonder what stage would use the OoT Medley... Temple of Time? (heh, it could even phase back and forth between time periods durring battle)

RagnarokX said:
Well OoT Medley really doesnt fit this stage. I'm hoping it has a remix of the TP overworld for this stage. I wonder what stage would use the OoT Medley... Temple of Time? (heh, it could even phase back and forth between time periods durring battle)

I would think that the OoT Medley would be for another Zelda stage, but you never know.

Zeed

Banned
Alkaliine said:
I was hoping for a twilight change too but it seems, with the sun in the background, that it'll probably undergo day/night changes.
Since the Bulbin is a major theme and Sakurai is obviously trying to recapture that epic jousting fight, I think that it might just stay sunset. The "change" for the stage could very well just be the bombs and the missing sections.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Wii said:

I can't help it the game was too boring the first time 'round to get to the bridge part. (I actually played 18 hours before putting it down for over 4 months... I've just restarted it with the intention of finishing.)

That said, you so fell for my bait. =P

Zeed said:
Since the Bulbin is a major theme and Sakurai is obviously trying to recapture that epic jousting fight, I think that it might just stay sunset. The "change" for the stage could very well just be the bombs and the missing sections.

Actually that's a good point, you're very likely right about that.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Danthrax said:
I can't help it the game was too boring the first time 'round to get to the bridge part. (I actually played 18 hours before putting it down for over 4 months... I've just restarted it with the intention of finishing.)
....How the hell did you play "18 hours" without getting to the bridge? The bridge is like 2 hours in, maybe not even that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom