• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acerac

Banned
Suburban Cowboy said:
u guys forgetting that pokemon stadium 1 sucked too? Instead of having the crappy fire and rock areas, now we have crappy air and ice. The other 2 forms and neutral are still cool, just like in melee
What was crappy about them? Those are my favorite stage setups in the game, and I still play the game often.

This is one of the best "non-new character" updates! Fludd looks like it's going to be so much fun to blast everyone around the stage. I hope this means Luigi gets his vacum.

Pokemon Stadium 2 looks amazing as well. Flying stage looks insane and I can't wait to see electric stage. :D

ant1532

Banned
Some of you have lost respect points with your reactions. Seriously... Some of it was Gamefaqs level stupidity
Baryn said:
Mario's new spin is definitely from Galaxy, how is there any question?
Because it's not...

Lobster said:
Most of those complainers probably don't even use Mario.

Mario is has been my main since SSB64. And I'm one of those lame nerds that collects every piece of Mario merchandise I can find and has an entire shelf dedicated to it. So yeah, I admit I'm sort've a 'Mario' elitist with no life :[.

With that said, I'm not happy seeing Fludd in his moveset.

But I'm very, very sure I can work around it... I mean I hardly EVER used Mario Tornado as it is.

This is just probably the first update that has made me bummed instead've stoked. It's just a personal thing, I don't expect everyone to be like "OMGZ!! SAKURAI WTFF !!! SMASH BRAS AM DOOMD".

Suburban Cowboy said:
u guys forgetting that pokemon stadium 1 sucked too? Instead of having the crappy fire and rock areas, now we have crappy air and ice. The other 2 forms and neutral are still cool, just like in melee

It didnt suck, it was pretty cool.

Pokemon Stadium 2 seems much better because it totally changes gameplay everytime, the only thing I dont like is that it is the same size as the first one, I would have liked a new themed area.

and I didnt bother to read any of the past posts, but is anyone thinking that Luigi will have his Poltergust 3000 as Down B now?

SuperAngelo64 said:
Mario is has been my main since SSB64. And I'm one of those lame nerds that collects every piece of Mario merchandise I can find and has an entire shelf dedicated to it. So yeah, I admit I'm sort've a 'Mario' elitist with no life :[.

With that said, I'm not happy seeing Fludd in his moveset.

But I'm very, very sure I can work around it... I mean I hardly EVER used Mario Tornado as it is.

That's because Mario Tornado sucks, unless you're using it to augment your recovery... and then it still sucks. You wouldn't use FLUDD, even if it was a really good, useful move? If you could edgegaurd someone with it and take the stock, you wouldn't, just out of principle? That's... strange.

I actually really liked Sunshine alot. It was probably the most fun Mario platformer with all the boosts and hovering and whatnot.

BUT ON A RELATED NOTE:

I noticed something

Sakurai said:
You can even charge it up while shielding.

This comment brought something to mind. We've seen LOADS of videos and screenshots so far.

But I have yet to see any character with the big 'bubble shield'.

Myke Greywolf said:
Lamest excuse ever for not buying a game: "One out of about 10-20 moves for one out of 30-40 characters in this game, includes an object prominently featured on a great game, which I happened to not like because of said object!"
Wow. I was joking. I thought the sarcasm was pretty evident.

FLUDD sucks, but I'm not really that bothered by it. Honestly it sounds like a pretty useful move. If only it did damage.

I think I would have preferred a down B transformation if they were going to change Mario's moves a little. He could've transformed into the statue from SMB3 or maybe they could've made his down B his butt stomp, cause I think that would've made the most sense. Whatever.

The slippery stage is almost a confirmation of Ice Climbers, unless Sakurai gave their footing advantage to another character.

Also, am I the only one who hopes the cape gets replaced with a raccoon tail swing?

Speaking of C.Falcon, I know about Sakurai's "no clones this time around" stance, but I really liked Melee Ganondorf. Hopefully if Ganondorf is back in with a new moveset we can get Blood Falcon as an alternate or something.

...I'm really going to miss that middle kick.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
The bubble has not appeared in any of the videos yet either

Characters roll dodge but the bubble never starts

Suburban Cowboy said:
remember when they announced that u can hold down A to keep attacking? Voila, Marios Tornado

Actually, Mario does the tornado in one of the trailers. He juggles Link-- uptilt, upsmash, then leaps into the air and intercepts with a tornado. He pulls it off instantly in the air, so... who the hell knows.

I'm SO glad they're adding new techniques and game mechanics though. :D

Zeed

Banned
WastingPenguins said:
Actually, Mario does the tornado in one of the trailers. He juggles Link-- uptilt, upsmash, then leaps into the air and intercepts with a tornado. He pulls it off instantly in the air, so... who the hell knows.
It could be a new U-Air, seeing as how his feet aren't touching the ground in the only shot we have of it:

mario_070906d-l.jpg

The double update came as quite a surprise (only 16 minutes late though, should've waited), but they were very awesome. I don't think anyone expected them to mix up Mario's moveset like this. Now the only question is if Luigi's Poltergust will suck, or blow.

Insaniac

Mario still has his breakdance Down+A smash according to the 2006 E3 Trailer you can see him perform it on Link near the end when Snake is in his box. This is unless they've changed it since then.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
A Link to the Snitch said:
I'd like to see non-bubble shields personally.

That's an interesting thought. Assuming the actual physical shield mechanic remains the same (blocks attacks from all angles, dwindles over time, vulnerable to grabs), what would each character's custom shield look like? Since I'm bored, I'll try to think of some.

Mario: Perhaps he creates a fireball around himself? Or, heck, just give him a Starman invincibility animation that fades as time goes by.

Luigi: Whatever Mario's is, but green.

Peach: ...I'm drawing a blank here. Maybe her swirling heart shield from Double Dash?

Link: Cane of Byrna from LttP.

Zelda: Hmmm...some kind of Triforce shield?

Ganon: I'm guessing some kind of dark evil aura.

Yoshi: Come on. You know this one.

Ness: He'd cast a PSI Shield around himself. Actually, this would probably resemble the standard "bubble shield" in the other Smash Bros. games. It could stand to be more animated though.

Bowser: He would hide in his shell, I would imagine.

Captain Falcon: No freaking idea. All of his moves are original to Smash anyway.

Samus: I guess she could hide in her Morph Ball while glowing white as if about to do a Shinespark. MOCKBALL!

Zero Suit Samus: Beats the heck out of me.

Any Pokemon: They'd hide in a Pokeball, surely. That, or some variety of Pokemon defensive move (Barrier, Reflect, Light Screen), but that would resemble the standard bubble shield and/or Ness' PSI Shield too much.

Ice Climbers: Uhhh...can't think of one here.

DK/Diddy: DK Barrel.

Mr. Game and Watch: Assuming he's even still IN his, I'm sure there's some Game and Watch game out there somewhere that has something that could be used as a shield for him.

Wario: Knowing Nintendo, he'd fart out a poison gas cloud that would envelope him and render him impervious to attack.

Kirby: Hmm...I WOULD say Mirror Kirby's shield, but that's essentially the same as the Smash Bros. bubble shield anyway. Stone Kirby wouldn't work either. Hell, I'll just say he'd do his guard animation from Kirby Super Star.

Fox: ...No clue. Maybe his Reflector could just replace his standard shield. Map the Reflector to the shield button and give him a new down-B attack or something, I don't know.

Marth: Not a clue.

Roy: Still no clue.

Ike: Nothing yet...

Pit: I don't know, but I'm sure Nintendo could make something up. Maybe make him wrap his wings around himself or something.

Sonic: Remember that white flash of a shield you could get to materialize around Sonic for a split second in Sonic 3? Yeah, that.

A Link to the Snitch said:
I'd like to see non-bubble shields personally.

The problem with that is that a lot of things can only be possible using bubble shields...for instance, the ability to block in all directions simultaneously. The ability to reflect projectiles if you shield upon impact. Blocking explosions/fire/electricity, elements, etc. Things like that just won't look right if characters are using their own "natural" shields. For instance, Link's shield could block certain projectiles in SSBM but imagine if that was how his normal shielding was and someone threw something from behind. Would the played have to turn around and block just to prevent getting hit?

Zoramon089 said:
The problem with that is that a lot of things can only be possible using bubble shields...for instance, the ability to block in all directions simultaneously. The ability to reflect projectiles if you shield upon impact. Blocking explosions/fire/electricity, elements, etc. Things like that just won't look right if characters are using their own "natural" shields. For instance, Link's shield could block certain projectiles in SSBM but imagine if that was how his normal shielding was and someone threw something from behind. Would the played have to turn around and block just to prevent getting hit?

Even if the bubble was just like Samus' armor on the bubble, it'd be fine.

Link could have the Magic Shield from TWW.

etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom