• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildArms

Best game ever, shame about the sequels
sp0rsk said:
Your opponent will not know your name or any information about you, and neither of you can send short messages. There will also be no battle records kept for this mode, so whether you win or lose, it doesn’t matter. Just sit back and play.

Blame people that will name themsleves "DickFace" and things like that. Happened alot on Strikers.

Megaton.gif

Pringo

Banned
MEGATON!

Wow! I can honestly say that at this point I really wasn't expecting them to add online pay into the mix, but it looks like they decided to go through with it. I'm hoping it doesn't turn out to be a laggy mess, especially after Sakurai's comments about it not necessarily running smoothly all the time. If I can get relatively lag-free battles throughout Canada and the US I think I'll be good.

This could very well be the biggest update we've gotten yet.

Haunted

ohamsie said:
This looks neat, like you can leave messages up while you're offline to set up meeting times and stuff.
This exact feature was the single thing I missed most in Strikers Charged's online mode.

Sakurai is awesome, awesome is Sakurai.

Jiggy

I can't wait for the GAF tournament so I can come in a solid 25th place.
Well, unless we have a lot more hardcore Smash players than I'm estimating. Then I'll come in like 75th but it's okay because I'll learn a lot and get better practice.

I hate to be the Debbie Downer of the group, guys, but what the fuck is this shit:
Firestorm said:
If you think of your opponent as a simple scarecrow, any psychological barriers may melt away.

Your opponent will not know your name or any information about you, and neither of you can send short messages. There will also be no battle records kept for this mode, so whether you win or lose, it doesn’t matter. Just sit back and play.
What the hell is with Nintendo's trying to depersonalize online play as much as possible? When they've spent so many years arguing against online play and for building social gaming, why would they then go and take the whole community aspect out of online play? It's so fucking stupid it boggles the mind.

Now where was I? Oh yeah!

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

Enk

makes good threads.
IN MY PANTS! IN MY PANTS! IN MY PANTS!

IN MY PANTS! IN MY PANTS! IN MY PANTS!

GET THIS GAME IN MY PANTS NOW!!!

:O

(estatic I am)

I guess people will find a way to complain about anything. To be completely honest, I wasn't expecting the game to feature any online modes whatsoever. Multiple online modes? Consider me impressed. Friend codes, or not, this is fucking huge.

ivysaur12

Banned
sp0rsk said:

Why do you want to ruin this moment?

Definitely Sakurai is doing a true GOTY. Lot of items, incredible music composition, awesome and different stages, lot of characters - old and new -, and now OnLine !!!

This game will rock the world !

Firestorm

There are two primary connection methods. The names of these methods are "With Friends" and "With Anyone." The menus and structures of each method are pretty different.

Looks like we can set rules for friends.

I will create a GAF tournament =)

Tristam

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE OH MY GOD THIS PHYSICS EXAM WILL SUCK BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE NOW SMASH BROS. HAS ONLINE PLAY.

I ALONE KEPT HOPE MOTHERFUCKERS!

later

It's called parental control. Why can't they use it?

--> Disable sending messages
--> Disable voice chat
--> Enable friend codes

Tim-E

I had convinced myself it wouldn't be in the game. I had prepared myself for no online and I was fine with that.

But now I'm kermit.gif

I am happy as hell, but seriously what the fuck is wrong with Nintendo. I mean Prime 3 imports your friends list from your wii. why the hell do you have to enter friend codes again

Registered friends (Like MP3) you can play and comment

Anone else you can play but not see their names and shit.

Imagine your 9yr kid playing online against "IscrewedyoMAMMA"

ivysaur12

Banned
Avutta1978 said:
I am happy as hell, but seriously what the fuck is wrong with Nintendo. I mean Prime 3 imports your friends list from your wii. why the hell do you have to enter friend codes again

Because you're not playing against another person. It's Nintendo, what can you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom