• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
PkunkFury said:
ok, I understand keeping Zelda hidden cause of Sheik, and hiding new characters like Pokemon Trainer and Wario for the demo, but can anyone thin of a reason why Kirby is not on this screen?? I mean, we even know his final smash!

Because they don't want to reveal Kirby Sonic or Kirby Snake yet.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Darunia said:
The only thing that can happen to this game to make it more awesome for me is that it included the Elite Beat Agents in some way (assist trophy or whatever), which probably won't happen :(, or the inclusion of Mega Man as a playable character. Even if one of these comes true I'll be a very happy camper
I'd rather see ridley than megaman.

psycho_snake

MrCheez said:
Also, I really wanted the character select screen to be on a white background like some of the other menus we've seen :( Would have looked really nice.
yeah I remember a while back there was this fake charactwer menu screen which was on a white background and it was by far the best character screen mock up we had seen. If theyt had that in the game it would have been great. In the end who cares? Its just a character menu screen.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm just into some discussion about the music of the second half of the smash bros trailer (not the sonic one). Is it the Zelda Darkworld theme or isn't it?

TheKingsCrown said:
Do any other veteran Smash Bros. players agree that sonics move set looks f'ing amazing and fluid? There must be SOMEONE
Ya, he looks like a top tier character, good combo moves, nice aerials, quick.

Kai Ozu

SantaC said:
Mario sure gets a beating :lol
miyamoto crying

sonicjoins.gif

That is so cool! :D

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Bufbaf said:
So I'm just into some discussion about the music of the second half of the smash bros trailer (not the sonic one). Is it the Zelda Darkworld theme or isn't it?

would you PLEASE stop ignoring me? This is a very important question!11

Well I go to bed early one time and all hell breaks loose! :lol

I'm happy for everyone who wanted Sonic so badly to be in the game. Finally Sonic is in a good game! :D

Mr. Pointy said:
1191997970736.gif

...next-gen.
QFT! Now bring in Ridley Sakurai! :D

CreatureX3 said:
Well I go to bed early one time and all hell breaks loose! :lol

I'm happy for everyone who wanted Sonic so badly to be in the game. Finally Sonic is in a good game! :D

QFT! Now bring in Ridley Sakurai! :D

I don't even know what's happened in the gaming world. Hopefully, I can figure it out while on lunch break.

Fucking Nintendo, I was planning on getting a PSP already now they drop this bomb and I don't even want any other future Wii games. Gawd I'm such a bitch of nostalgia.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Sorry to ask this, but is there a youtube of the new vids we got (both Sonic and the new trailer?). Thank you in advance.

psycho_snake

These are the characters I plan on using in brawl:

Link - He moveset looks very similar to before and he was my most used character in brawl

Bowser - He's another character that I used a lot. We still need to see his moveset and I'm hoping its like melee because his moves were really good. Even without seeing his moves, he's worth using for his final smash!

Snake - Just because he's snake.

Ganondorf is another one that I might be using a lot, but its difficult to tell for now. He's not even been announced and his moveset could be completely different this time round.

Slurpy said:
Sega should just give/sell the damn Sonic IP to Nintendo. Maybe they can salvage the name.
They just need to stop and breath before they release the console Sonic games. The handheld ones have been fine. 3D Sonic is just an incredibly tricky problem that SEGA has had absolutely no incentive to try to solve, given sales up til now.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
SantaC said:
Mario sure gets a beating :lol
miyamoto crying

sonicjoins.gif

:lol :lol

If I didnt know better, Id think that was a marketing video made by Sega from the 90s.
Never thought Id see a gameplay video made by Nintendo of Sonic kicking Mario's ass.

Vlad

Bufbaf said:
huh? I didn't mean the SSBB-theme - The second song in the same video is what I'm asking for.

The first song in the video is the SSBB theme, the second one is the theme from Melee, which is playable at the bottom of the page he linked you to.

Megaman now seems a little likely, but I'm also hoping that Squaresoft announces something in Brawl (hard to believe, but after Sonic I'm not sure what to expect from third party announcements)

Crushed

Fry Daddy
hydragonwarrior said:
Megaman now seems a little likely, but I'm also hoping that Squaresoft announces something in Brawl (hard to believe, but after Sonic I'm not sure what to expect from third party announcements)
I'm still hoping for Simon.

C'mon Konami, you've already put him in a Smash Bros. ripoff. Would it really be that hard?

Morts

If there's a delay a might actually pass my finals, but I'll still be really pissed. More kick ass characters is the only acceptable excuse.

careksims

I remember growing up being only a big Nintendo fan and scoffing at Sega and Sonic. Truely a game of games. I cannot believe how good he moves in the game. I can't wait to try that sucker out. Mario and Sonic vs. whoever! Oh truly epic.

Son of Godzilla said:
Is this what the hell you guys are talking about regarding the delay? Sheesh.
SSBX (Japan) was delayed till 01/24/08, SSBB will probably be delayed till next year as well :/

hydragonwarrior said:
Ya, after all the SE support I hope they put slime in the game.

People, its pretty much assured the game has been delayed. But at the end of the day, the delay is a few weeks. Not a big deal IMO, although it makes me sad.

Chumly

If the game is only delayed until January in the US it wouldnt be to bad I guess. I would be disappointed by only 1 month isnt going to make a difference in the long run espcially if it makes the game better.

Duderz

Banned
On the character select screen, there's an icon for Samus, but not ZSS. :/

Segata Sanshiro said:
Too bad they didn't honour Crash Bandicoot with an invite. We could have recreated the 16bit and 32bit wars.

Bleh, Crash has no staying power. Mario & Sonic sure do.

PkunkFury

TheKingsCrown said:
People, its pretty much assured the game has been delayed. But at the end of the day, the delay is a few weeks. Not a big deal IMO, although it makes me sad.

if it's delayed past Winter break it is a big deal to me. I was looking forward to a week with family/friends back home and few responsibilities to sink into this game. I'll still be happy with it, and I'm glad it'll be a better product in the end, but this really is a low blow for some of us

Duderz said:
On the character select screen, there's an icon for Samus, but not ZSS. :/
Samus becomes Zero Suit Samus when she loses her armor, dude. They revealed this forever ago.
PkunkFury said:
if it's delayed past Winter break it is a big deal to me. I was looking forward to a week with family/friends back home and few responsibilities to sink into this game. I'll still be happy with it, and I'm glad it'll be a better product in the end, but this really is a low blow for some of us
Agreed. I was counting on this game to be at my Christmas party. Now I'll just have to hedge my bets on turning my parent's room into the Rock Band room. :(

Jirotrom

Chumly said:
If the game is only delayed until January in the US it wouldnt be to bad I guess. I would be disappointed by only 1 month isnt going to make a difference in the long run espcially if it makes the game better.
It guarantees game of the year then. It no longer has to compete with mario galaxy.:D

Chumly said:

Dec. 3-Jan. 24 != one month.

TheKingsCrown said:

My one break is a week and a half at Winter Break, if they miss that I will be annoyed. Still excited, but annoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom