• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link

The Autumn Wind
dfyb said:
don't consider it an obligation. i just don't see the logic behind getting news of a level editor, getting an online flash-based emulator of the level editor, and instead of making potential levels... you make cute pictures. i mean, they may not play very well, but at least your mommy can put them on the fridge?

it's not that big of a deal to me and the "serious business" replies are unecessary. i'm just commenting on what i see.
Are you the mom in that scenario? Because you sure sound like it. Get the sand out of your vagina and realize people are just dicking around.

The game is still months off and you're acting like we're actually working on the damn thing with some kind of deadline. Guess what? This is a videogame forum on the internet!

CassSept

Linkzg said:
11t7qkx.jpg
t0t7rc.jpg

I cant wait to remake every screen in that game into a level
Haha, this one is awesome. Remaking screens from this game will be fun (
especially the heaven of needles or whatever it was called one:lol
)

Can anyone give me link to this editor >_>?

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
dfyb said:
don't consider it an obligation. i just don't see the logic behind getting news of a level editor, getting an online flash-based emulator of the level editor, and instead of making potential levels... you make cute pictures. i mean, they may not play very well, but at least your mommy can put them on the fridge?

it's not that big of a deal to me and the "serious business" replies are unecessary. i'm just commenting on what i see.
dfyb said quite seriously...

Honestly, I don't see that many things here that are unplayable. The few that I do were just little jokes. I'm sure it will all pass soon.

Anyway, here is a better example of my Pac Man level. Remember, that the walls break away, becoming less of an issue as time goes on. the floors do not however so guys can still get around.

Pac man might be a good moving level actually, but I doubt we'll get that option

dfyb

Banned
Link said:
The game is still months off and you're acting like we're actually working on the damn thing with some kind of deadline. Guess what? This is a videogame forum on the internet!
and members of a videogame forum can't make potential levels? members of a videogame forum are only capable of making cute pictures? i guess according to your claims, there's no point in them even doing a level editor if even the hardcore fans can't grasp the idea of making a level.

the only people with sand in your vaginas are you people flaming me for thinking it'd be cool to see more potential levels instead of cute pictures that are worthless and off-topic.

we got news of a level editor and we got a flash-based emulator of the level editor. stop being a immature dick for a second and tell me what makes more sense for a thread like this -- making potential levels that you could eventually make in the game this thread is dedicated to and enjoy playing on them, or making cute pictures that you can put on your fridge? now if you're mature enough to acknowledge the making potential levels is more on-topic and worthwhile, what's the matter with me requesting people try and put a little more thought into creating potential levels? i mean, this thread is for the game right? the game with the level editor, right? because if you read the past few pages, you'd almost think this thread was about making cute pictures using some flash thing, totally unrelated to the game.

but i'm done arguing with you kids. i make one observation and you pricks blow up and throw a fucking fit.

edit: i mean, i looked again at the first reply that really ticked me off --

Sorry guys! Funs over. When you design a level it has to be playable and perfectly balanced.
WHAT A CRRRRRRRRRAAAAAZY IDEA!! PLEASE HELP ME GET THIS SAND OUT OF MY URETHRA! I'M SUCH A DICK! I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER! LEVEL EDITORS ARE DEFINITELY NOT FOR CREATING PLAYABLE LEVELS!! THAT'S JUST SILLY!

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
dfyb said:
and members of a videogame forum can't make potential levels? members of a videogame forum are only capable of making cute pictures? i guess according to your claims, there's no point in them even doing a level editor if even the hardcore fans can't grasp the idea of making a level.

the only people with sand in your vaginas are you people flaming me for thinking it'd be cool to see more potential levels instead of cute pictures that are worthless and off-topic.

we got news of a level editor and we got a flash-based emulator of the level editor. stop being a immature dick for a second and tell me what makes more sense for a thread like this -- making potential levels that you could eventually make in the game this thread is dedicated to and enjoy playing on them, or making cute pictures that you can put on your fridge? now if you're mature enough to acknowledge the making potential levels is more on-topic and worthwhile, what's the matter with me requesting people try and put a little more thought into creating potential levels? i mean, this thread is for the game right? the game with the level editor, right? because if you read the past few pages, you'd almost think this thread was about making cute pictures using some flash thing, totally unrelated to the game.

but i'm done arguing with you kids. i make one observation and you pricks blow up and throw a fucking fit.
Yeah the rest of us should just chill out. Sorry...
:D
My prediction: Shitty boring item. I'm always wrong so I'm saving y'all.

Gaborn

Staccat0 said:
My prediction: Shitty boring item. I'm always wrong so I'm savimg y'all.

But... wait. You're predicting an item. But you're always wrong, so it's not an item. But you're PREDICTING that you're gonna be wrong and save us. So... it's gonna be an item?

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Gaborn said:
But... wait. You're predicting an item. But you're always wrong, so it's not an item. But you're PREDICTING that you're gonna be wrong and save us. So... it's gonna be an item?
OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Jiggy

Oh yeah, I predicted an item but never got into specifics. I'm sticking with my F-Zero bomb idea--attaches to you and only blows up if at any point you stop moving.

This is the classic single-player mode—hence the name, Classic.

In this mode, you try to clear each stage as you go.

various11_071030a-l.jpg

Choose your favorite character and a difficulty level, then start the match!

various11_071030b-l.jpg

Fight whoever appears!

The world you fight in is pretty much determined based on stage number. Stage 1 is based on The Legend of Zelda. Stage 3 is based on Pokémon. And each time, the characters are chosen randomly.

You’ll also find the status of enemies and rules of the match vary slightly to include things like Giant matches, Metal matches, and Team battles.

various11_071030c-l.jpg

Heart icons indicate your allies.

various11_071030d-l.jpg

You cleared the stage!

So... You just keep playing until you reach the end. Easy to understand, right?

Huh? You’re wondering what the coins on the Stage Clear screen are for? Um, you think they’re there to make it look more lively?

No, no. You earn and save these up little by little as you play. And supposedly you can use them somewhere. But no—you don’t use them to shop.

Chris R

15rhxub.jpg

Insane damage in the lower parts until you are going to almost fly off the screen and then you have to deal with the upper part, might make it possible to jump up there or something :lol

Gaborn said:
Well, technically, the second half of his post was an observation of his prediction history and not a prediction itself, so we're safe! Hooray! :D

Huh? You’re wondering what the coins on the Stage Clear screen are for? Um, you think they’re there to make it look more lively?

No, no. You earn and save these up little by little as you play. And supposedly you can use them somewhere. But no—you don’t use them to shop.

What the hell does that mean?

Tremis

This man does his research.
Flash2.jpg

i'm envisioning the prop doing some kind of damage so i put spikes there. also, the back cargo bay-ish area uses conveyor belts. wow, if its this fun to edit levels already, what's the real thing going to be like? :D

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
layzie1989 said:

What the hell does that mean?
I was wondering about the same thing... The trophy thing wasn't shopping? I guess not.

kamikaze

old-school single player. i'll probably play it a bit but i imagine adventure mode will limit its appeal. hopefully unlocking characters isn't tied to playing classic mode over and over.

Jiggy

Maybe the coins are for upgrading your characters in that Subspace Emissary thing that was hinted at. Then again, I guess that might still count as shopping...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom