• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

Daily

-Today brings us our 13th How to Play update. In terms of number, this type now ties with game modes and updates, and outperforms character special moves.

-Our five least recent update types are now normal item, music, Poke Ball, assist trophy, and story mode.

-We've somehow escaped thirty-four glorious days of updates with no normal item. How long can we go? On the negative side of things, we've drifted for eighteen silent days of updates with no music.

Weeks in review

-Two game modes, a stage, a final smash, and a How to Play make up what I'd call a pretty unusual week of updates. No character profile, special moves, assist trophy, normal item, Poke Ball, story mode, or music, even though all of those except Poke Balls are pretty common with 8 or more more updates each. If you take story mode out of the equation also, each of those update types has had 10 or more.

-Each of the past four weeks has had a game mode update; each of the past three has had a stage. Each of the past three has also had a Monday related to stages, either by having one or by presenting the Stage Builder. These trends probably mean nothing at all, but I'm just mentioning random trivia about consecutive stuff.

Month in review (October 1st to November 2nd)

-Between co-op adventure mode, Sonic, saved Replays, and Stage Builder, we haven't exactly been short of megatons. Other highlights include Lucas, Snake codec conversations, a Snake movie, Shadow Moses Island, a Sonic movie, New Pork City, co-op Homerun Contest, online Homerun Contest, Target Smash, the PictoChat stage, King Dedede, and the Summit. Exceptional month overall, IMO.

-In five weeks of updates we saw four stages, three brand new characters, six game mode updates (including the stealth replays), a story mode update, and two character movies. Superb.

-On the other hand, we saw four final smashes, and only two pieces of music (counting the Cooking Navi music found only on the Japanese site) instead of more. Many have also been disappointed by dedicated update days that only had content known from E For All, such as Peach's final smash, the Donkey Kong movie, Meta Knight's final smash, and today's character entrances.

-October 1st was our 95th update day and brought us our 111th update. November 2nd was our 119th update day and brought us our 142nd update. (The 111th/142nd figures only use the official Dojo list, as opposed to including things like stealth Replays or Lakitu.)

Okay, I'm done for the night. For the record, I don't like or hate tonight's update personally--it's not "new" news, but it did bring some really cool screenshots for the ride.
Edit: And I still think Mega Man will be in. Believe. :D

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Big Icarus said:
Link's is a reference to the first Zelda, when you played the flute to warp.

Edit: And that being the case, I think it's a perfect intro.

Wow, didn't even realize that. Alright, that makes it more acceptable. :)

Crushed

Fry Daddy
MrCheez said:
(I'm not sure what the deal with Link's intro is... I don't remember him ever doing anything like that in TP? Maybe it's a Wind Waker homage or something? O_O )
Magic Flute? Zelda 1?

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Looking at it in perspective...things really are only getting better. Sakurai has yet to lose his momentum.

Well, off to bed for me.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
I like Lucas' intro even if I don't know what its about. Thanks for bringing back the intros Sakurai.

Whats up with the thread title?

m00

superbank said:
I like Lucas' intro even if I don't know what its about. Thanks for bringing back the intros Sakurai.

Whats up with the thread title?

Sp0rsk is just telling us that Mega Man is not in
Super Mario Galaxy

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
m00 said:
Sp0rsk is just telling us that Mega Man is not in
Super Mario Galaxy

Now I'm thinking Megaman IS in Mario Galaxy and thats what the megaton spoiler is. And I was spoiled. I fucking hope not... NO ONE say what the spoiler is please.

Zeed

Banned
kozmo7 said:
Same here, never seen his intro yet. If I have I don't remember. :X
The impressions from E for All had it. I remember reading it. But I don't remember what it is I read.

Rotanibor

After reading a bunch of awesome suggestions here, the only conclusion I can come to is there needs to be multiple unique intros for each character.

Time for another crowd pleaser Sakurai.

M3wThr33

Banned
Rotanibor Eht said:
After reading a bunch of awesome suggestions here, the only conclusion I can come to is there needs to be multiple unique intros for each character.

Time for another crowd pleaser Sakurai.

What's this? Mario's coming out of a pipe?

Yyyes! In each match the character comes out in a custom fashion! But look!

This time Yoshi brought him in! Thank you, Yoshi!

This is thanks to custom intros! Each player can choose which ones will happen for each character!

Pick up this item to unlock new intros for you to choose from!

WOW!

Rotanibor

M3wThr33 said:
This time Yoshi brought him in! Thank you, Yoshi!

I was actually thinking that it would also be cool if certain characters got special intros together. Like this here what you said I was thinking, but it would only happen if players choose both Mario and Yoshi. So basically Mario would ride in on Yoshi, and then after he jumps off they both start beating the shit out of eachother.

Also whatever cheese intro Sonic and Mario had together, no matter how cheesey, would make all of the nerdy halves of us bounce with glee.

Can someone please tell me where all these awesome avatars are coming from?

ike.gif
GAF.gif
14cecnl.gif
neogafavatrcopy.jpg

hirokazu

Randam_Hajile said:
Can someone please tell me where all these awesome avatars are coming from?

ike.gif
GAF.gif
14cecnl.gif
neogafavatrcopy.jpg

The Jigglypuff is standard Pokemon art.

The others, dig many pages back to when they first started appearing and there's a link to a Deviantart page with it.

spoon!

Randam_Hajile said:
Found it. Thanks!

There wasn't a Jigglypuff there when I posted. It was Jiggy37's Zelda avatar. Now it's a Smash Ball.
:lol
Randomized linked images, or something :p
Hit refresh and it'll change again

mclem

MindCollizion said:
I have no idea why I just thought of this but which couple will have the better pair of asses, Zero Suit Samus and Snake or Krystal and Fox?

The mind wonders...
Nana and Bowser.

monkey79

Well it looks like we are only getting characters ever 2 weeks now. So that would mean about 8 more character updates before launch.

The following characters have been kind of confirmed: Luigi (youtube video), Jigglypuff (Hayder Interview), Krystal (voice actor's page), Captain Falcon (FZero Icon), Animal Crossing character (AC Icon), Game & Watch (missing Icon 13), DS character (DS Icon), Olimar/Megaman/??? (Mysterious Icon 19). There were rumors of an interview with the zelda development team that mentions the Sheik and Ganon models being used for brawl, but I've never seen it. Not counting transformations, that is 31 characters.

It remains to be seen if any of the unlockable characterss from the first 2 smashbros games will be revealed before release. If the unlockables aren't revealed before launch, this could mean 8 new characters before release day!

sp0rsk said:
I would love for Megaman to be in the game.

BUT HE ISN'T IN THE GAME.
I WANT PROOF. Having Super Mario Galaxy doesn't make you the knower of all knowledge.

Megaman's in the game

I don't really know but this is fun :)

The map editor I've seen screesn of - where can I get a link to that?

And is that how it'll look when used on the Wii as well, or what is that exactly?

Sonic's entrance should have Tails copter'ring him down, heh that would bring back great memories for me and my brother (use to play Sonic 3+Knuckles co-op A LOT).

TailsFlySmallAni.gif

SonicRotateSmallAni.gif

KnucklesRotateSmallAni.gif

sp0rsk was making cryptic remarks about Sonic a day or two before he was revealed. I'd be willing to bet he knows something.

He's been very adamant about Mega Man not being in the game, which is unusually specific.

Baryn

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
sp0rsk was making cryptic remarks about Sonic a day or two before he was revealed. I'd be willing to bet he knows something.

He's been very adamant about Mega Man not being in the game, which is unusually specific.
Yeah it is weird.

koam

Title should be "Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread - Megaman is not in the game yet"

I don't know why people are expecting him anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom