• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
RurouniZel said:
Monday Prediction:

WARNING! NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES!!

Dr. Eggman

I just realized how awesome this would be, especially if he and Sonic had separate stages, or at least having the choice of using a variation of the Sonic 2 boss music in the level.

Jiggy

Maybe we'll get different Dedede pronunciations for the English and Japanese audio, like the little Ice Climber/s difference.

As for Segata, was he ever a character in an actual video game?

Innotech

Banned
Iam Canadian said:
A Starman casting Starstorm would be a cool Assist Trophy but you know what would really excite me?

Giygas.

Consider this: the background of the stage fades away to this repeating endlessly, twisting and distorting. The music gives away to a steady high pitched beep, overlaid by a staticky chanting. A odd, rippling wave effect envelopes the screen, and every fighter is hit by some effect. Maybe they receive damage. Maybe they freeze solid. Maybe they are lit on fire. And a text box pops up saying this:

"You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack!"

Then the background and music return.

Most epic Assist Trophy ever, no?
OMFG YES

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
My dream update:

paulainssbb.jpg

To show we haven't completely forgotten Mother 2...it's Paula! She was the first friend Ness met on his quest.

Her mastery of psychic powers is second to none. Don't underestimate her up close, either. Her frying pan hurts! Ouch!

(Incidentally, Paula's Japanese Mother 2 clay model is much nicer than her American Earthbound one)

A friend send me this pics from some random Mega Man spanish blog. Don´t ask me about the text, I don´t know spanish.

1-6.jpg

2-4.jpg

3-4.jpg

Too much "fanboy wet dream", but is cool that people do this fakes.

ShockingAlberto said:
Nothing outside a blurry picture of him in a trailer of Capcom Fighting Jam

I'd like to see that if you have it.

A little sample of what Megaman could possibly, maybe, sort've, potentially look like in Brawl.

SuperAngelo64 said:
I'd like to see that if you have it.

A little sample of what Megaman could possibly, maybe, sort've, potentially look like in Brawl.

I don´t remember anything about Rockman in Capcom Fighting all-stars but Rockman was an extra character in Cannon Spike. Take a look.

bg06.jpg

bg17.jpg

Check youtube to see it in action.

Not entirely related, but the L-Block is beating the crap out of both Link and Cloud in the GameFAQS character contest.

Tetris piece confirmed!

mclem

Pureauthor said:
Not entirely related, but the L-Block is beating the crap out of both Link and Cloud in the GameFAQS character contest.

Tetris piece confirmed!

Would this be the first time that fanboy spoogefest has ever *not* been won by Link or Cloud?

I do feel Tetris deserves some representation in Brawl, given it's on Nintendo systems where it's always thrived the most. While it's nice to joke about pieces, the reality is that there's no real way to get a character in, but a stage or an assist trophy could work.

A Tetris stage built with a randomizer function to simulate someone 'playing' the game would be awesome.

That, or having a fifth guy play in the background. But that won't happen.

Jiggy

If L-Block continues to hold its lead over Link and Cloud (but Cloud's much farther back), then I can genuinely say GameFAQs has done something right that wasn't related to creating a FAQ.

As for Tetris in SSBB, I have to say I don't see a playable Tetrad--as much as I'd love it--but I am hoping for a stage with blocks falling on you. Maybe the mysterious DS symbol will be used for that stage?

Jiggy37 said:
If L-Block continues to hold its lead over Link and Cloud (but Cloud's much farther back), then I can genuinely say GameFAQs has done something right that wasn't related to creating a FAQ.

GameFAQS has done plenty right. For starters, it has better games discussion than NeoGAF.

L-block is a joke vote, everyone voted for him for the lolz and destroying the predictable Character battle...

Anyways, i think i be safe to put some money on a Tetris level, with falling blocks as hazards.. heck, maybe a Dr. Mario level would do just fine for me.

One thing, if/when KOS-MOS is announced in thi game, I am maining her, don't anyone touch her! She's mine!

Scribble

I was just listening to Stickerbush Symphony.

Sorry, I know it's been a while since it was announced, but that song defines brilliance. Sends chills down my spine. I wonder what it'll be like fighting to.

Since Sakurai must have been lurking around in forums to know that Stickerbush Symphony is one of everyone's favourite DK tracks, then maybe we CAN anticipate tracks like Chemical Plant Zone, Flying Battery, Ice Cap, Hydrocity, etc. for Sonic.

Firestorm

flipping_heck said:
L-block is a joke vote, everyone voted for him for the lolz and destroying the predictable Character battle...

Anyways, i think i be safe to put some money on a Tetris level, with falling blocks as hazards.. heck, maybe a Dr. Mario level would do just fine for me.

One thing, if/when KOS-MOS is announced in thi game, I am maining her, don't anyone touch her! She's mine!

L-Block has more going for it than the joke vote factor. Otherwise we'd be seeing a four-way duel between Bidoof, Mudkip, L-Block, and Matt or something. The reason L-Block is doing so well is in addition to the joke votes, it's getting votes from people who don't need to be forum-dwellers to understand. He's from Tetris.

This year's character battle was amazingly unpredictable. My score is 381 and I had Link > Cloud as my final prediction. Sucks that all the idiots who had Cloud > Link will actually get higher scores this round since they had Link in second.

Ah fickle fanboys, so hard to predict.

Zeed

Banned
Firestorm said:
L-Block has more going for it than the joke vote factor. Otherwise we'd be seeing a four-way duel between Bidoof, Mudkip, L-Block, and Matt or something. The reason L-Block is doing so well is in addition to the joke votes, it's getting votes from people who don't need to be forum-dwellers to understand. He's from Tetris.
A bunch of /b/tards spammed the poll in favor of Mudkip, and GameFAQs decided that they didn't want Mudkip to win so they removed him.

Firestorm

Zeed said:
A bunch of /b/tards spammed the poll in favor of Mudkip, and GameFAQs decided that they didn't want Mudkip to win so they removed him.

huh? If you mean idiots from 4chan vote-stuffed, then yes those weren't counted (like Starcraft in the Best Game Ever contest). If you mean Mudkip should legitimately have won, then you're mistaken.

Jiggy

Pureauthor said:
GameFAQS has done plenty right. For starters, it has better games discussion than NeoGAF.
I suppose you've got a point, but I don't know if being one step better than bad gets it to good.

MercuryLS

Banned
I just went through the Smash Brothers site, checking out all the updates I've missed.

I've gotta say, there's a bewildering number of awesome features in this title. It's mindblowing, really, I'm a big SSB fan and my god is Sakurai just kicking a lot of ass with SSBB.

God bless him, the fact that he got 4 player online to work really sealed the deal for me. He's much more progressive than the rest of Nintendo when it comes to online stuff, that's good to see.

Game of the forever indeed (cause I'll be playing it forever).

Zeed

Banned
Firestorm said:
huh? If you mean idiots from 4chan vote-stuffed, then yes those weren't counted (like Starcraft in the Best Game Ever contest). If you mean Mudkip should legitimately have won, then you're mistaken.
A vote's a vote. A vote coming from a member of 4chan is not a legitimate reason to discount it. Mudkip would have won fair and square if GameFAQs hadn't rigged things so that he would lose. That is fact.

MercuryLS said:
I just went through the Smash Brothers site, checking out all the updates I've missed.

I've gotta say, there's a bewildering number of awesome features in this title. It's mindblowing, really, I'm a big SSB fan and my god is Sakurai just kicking a lot of ass with SSBB.

God bless him, the fact that he got 4 player online to work really sealed the deal for me. He's much more progressive than the rest of Nintendo when it comes to online stuff, that's good to see.

Game of the forever indeed (cause I'll be playing it forever).
In Sakurai We Trust.

CreatureX3 said:
Woo fresh week of updates! :D

I predict either Captain Falcon or Krystal will be revealed this week!

Can't wait for the mass suicide in this topic :p

im expecting a Ganondorf
or hopefully KOS-MOS
reveal this week :D

Jiggy

-We've escaped 34 days of updates--again, that's days of updates, weekends not counted--without a normal item.
-18 days of updates without music. ;_;
-12 days of updates without a Poke Ball.
-11 days of updates without an assist trophy.

All other major update types are fairly recent.

-3 weeks (out of 24) have begun with a normal item: Smoke Ball, Superspicy Curry, and Golden Hammer.
-2 weeks have begun with music: Yoshi's Story ending and Space Armada.
-1 week began with a Poke Ball: Munchlax.
-1 week began with an assist trophy: the assist trophy update itself, plus Samurai Goroh.

I guess that's semi-interesting and all, but nonetheless I'm going to predict a stage because the last three weeks all began with something stage-related. We've never had two stage updates from the same series (or "symbol" in the case of Nintendo DS), and F-Zero, Metroid, and Sonic are the known symbols without stages yet. So let's say...
Oh, I don't know. F-Zero's Meteor Stream.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

Insaniac

Tetris level would be awesome!

Avoid being squished by falling tetris blocks and the battlefield will change as they become placed. Eventually line pieces fall and tetris the whole field or something and it starts fresh

Zeed

Banned
Insaniac said:
Tetris level would be awesome!

Avoid being squished by falling tetris blocks and the battlefield will change as they become placed. Eventually line pieces fall and tetris the whole field or something and it starts fresh
A Tetris character that morphs between the different blocks for its attacks could be interesting. They're all just different arrangements of 4 blocks, so it would make a weird sort of sense. Its Final Smash can have the entire screen fill up with blocks and then explode.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
I would be perfectly happy with no more third party additions.

And in all reality, if there was going to be one more addition, I would have to say it would be Mega Man.

Predictions for this week. 1 Subspace entry (showing the scene with Wario that we saw @ E for All), new item, another Pokémon, Mario's level AND music, and character profile for Luigi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom