• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Hmm...I'm not sure if I believe this. I'd like to, since it indicates that every Dojo character is a starter (which always seemed like the most logical assumption) and that there are additional third party characters. But it means that the original SSB64 starters are either out or secret characters. Luigi and Captain Falcon aren't really in doubt, but it's starting to look grim for Ness...

Let's wait for that CoroCoro thing before we pass judgment.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Iam Canadian said:
Hmm...I'm not sure if I believe this. I'd like to, since it indicates that every Dojo character is a starter (which always seemed like the most logical assumption) and that there are additional third party characters. But it means that the original SSB64 starters are either out or secret characters. Luigi and Captain Falcon aren't really in doubt, but it's starting to look grim for Jigglypuff and Ness...

Let's wait for that CoroCoro thing before we pass judgment.

You do realize that Jiggly is a hidden character in both of the other titles, unlocked exactly the same way? I'd be more offended if we knew that puff was a starting character.

Of course, you could just be joking.

Iam Canadian

Man God said:
You do realize that Jiggly is a hidden character in both of the other titles, unlocked exactly the same way? I'd be more offended if we knew that puff was a starting character.

Of course, you could just be joking.

What are you talking about? I never accidentally wrote Jigglypuff in my post and then went and corrected it three minutes later.

Absolutely ludicrous. >_>

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Post that guy makes later in the thread:

I had fun while it lasted. You're probably right about Bite, it makes sense as his Standard Special Move.

Speaking of which...

Why does Sakurai only reveal all of the Specials for certain characters? It's not like Wario's Bite is anything special.

Show's over, nothing to see here.

Akinola

Fake posts are fake. OP admitted to it being so.

He knows nothing.

It's better to lie in wait--it makes the prize that much sweeter.

GamerSoul

Frozen Fire said:
That letter makes me sad..... I'm more of a casual smasher, but Sheik was my main so......

):

At least on the good side, We get one more move and the new costume. But wait... why am I whining? Sheik is in Brawl! Better than nothing!
though we knew he/she was in there anyway..

It's fake don't worry about it yet. My fault.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Iam Canadian said:
What are you talking about? I never accidentally wrote Jigglypuff in my post and then went and corrected it three minutes later.

Absolutely ludicrous. >_>

Oh yes, I know all about it.

Mistakes are fine, except when they involve Jigglypuff.

Killadji

Frozen Fire said:
Oh.......
I feel pretty stupid.......
Ah well! :lol

That makes sense. Why would Cpt. Falcon not be there?

Probably because he's undergoing a very important knee surgery ? I don't see any other solution.

The only one who can replace him is Rayman.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Holy Order Sol said:
Not this shit again...
I should have made it a lot more clear that I was kidding, more making reference to one of my friends than actual tourney players. I tend to screw up jokes like that on the internet because of the lack of tone.

Insaniac

Hay guys wuts goin on in here? Talkn bout smash brothrs?

Anywho i'd like to see zelda's light arrows used somehow. Maybe as her final smash, but i'd expect something more... sagelike.

NTom64

My prediction for tomorrow:

Hmm...probably a Pokeball update, we haven't had one of those for a while :lol

A new movie would be nice, though...

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
ShockingAlberto said:
I think there are going to be some "dark" versions of characters that will be used in Subspace.

We already know about Dark Link and it's logical to assume it's just Dark Link from Zelda II (and, I guess, Ocarina). But Dark Fox and Dark Metaknight don't make any sense, but we've seen Fox on the Dojo and Metaknight from E for All. And I'm sure there are some others.

Its TP's version of Dark Link...thats why he has the red eyes

Shinobix

Hi guyz lulz I write for an important secret mag and I have the complete roster. Blue Elebit is playable and it's final smash is an elebit stampede. Believe me lawl k thanks bye.

Oh well I had fun while it lasted. It's all fake.

Iam Canadian

Some food for thought:

various16_071129a-l.jpg

The "Names" button on the left...what could this indicate? Individual records for each registered name, perhaps?

Insaniac

Iam Canadian said:
Some food for thought:

various16_071129a-l.jpg

The "Names" button on the left...what could this indicate? Individual records for each registered name, perhaps?

possibly, and perhaps selecting which name/control setting you plan to use

Iam Canadian said:
Some food for thought:

various16_071129a-l.jpg

Well, this way you all could work together on one save file to unlock everything, I guess.

Fireblend

Banned
Wii-za said:
NEW MGS character revealed tonight...

You heard it here first!

:D

Ugh, no thanks. I'd rather have a new third party character or at least Captain Falcon's confirmation before getting another MSG character... D:

My prediction shall be either a new stage or one of those story mode Bosses we never hear about.

Iam Canadian

Fireblend said:
My prediction shall be either a new stage or one of those story mode Bosses we never hear about.

We are due for one of those. I remember the days where we got a stage seemingly every Monday. *Sighs wistfully*

I doubt we'll get any more bosses, though. Petey Piranha's reveal was just to establish the presence of bosses in the Subspace Emissary. Showing any more bosses would just serve to ruin many of the surprises. Besides, I'm sure Sakurai was careful to not only use a boss that appears in the first five minutes of the game, but also one that's fairly mundane; seeing as Petey has appeared in almost every Mario game since Sunshine and that Petey is not particularly popular, his appearance didn't have the impact of, say, Ridley. And I think that was Sakurai's intention.

Jiggy

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Rayquaza boss update, or possibly that one scythe-arm thing that Pit fights (if that even counts as a boss rather than a miniboss). But beyond that, probably nothing. Actually, I think all story mode updates in general will be exceptionally rare in the future...

Insaniac

Jiggy37 said:
I wouldn't be surprised to see a Rayquaza boss update, or possibly that one scythe-arm thing that Pit fights (if that even counts as a boss rather than a miniboss). But beyond that, probably nothing. Actually, I think all story mode updates in general will be exceptionally rare in the future...

<GREAP>

modea06_070919g.jpg

It’s HUGE! It attacks by swinging two sickles down upon you. Its red head is its weak spot.

Insaniac

was just browsing through the subspace army updates and i saw this again:

"There’s a method for powering yourself up as needed to do battle with the Subspace Army—a method that has not been seen before."

Have we figured out what it is, or is still a mystery?

as a matter of fact, I will predict that as my prediction for tonight! :D

Insaniac said:

"There’s a method for powering yourself up as needed to do battle with the Subspace Army—a method that has not been seen before."

It is still a mystery!

Insaniac

Monday = dec 3rd = original brawl release date. Will tomorrow still be novembust to counter the monday megaton of head asploding proportions? DEMO?!!!

BELIEVE!!!

Insaniac said:

Maybe you can upgrade their strength, speed, special moves, etc.

HURGHT

Insaniac said:

I recall seeing this bar along the left-hand side of the screen in some videos of the subspace emissary mode. The bar had smash emblems placed in it, and as the player progressed through the levels, the number of emblems increased.

Maybe that has something to do with it?

Jiggy

Predicting that "Pokemon From Previous Installments" will conclude Novembust.

And then the first week of December will include Lip from Panel de Pon, an Event Match creator, a Wii Sports stage where bowlers and the boxing trainer take turns throwing baseballs and rolling bowling balls at you, a remix of Gusty Garden, and the news that all music Nintendo makes for Wii games in the future will be downloadable to Brawl.

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
Predicting that "Pokemon From Previous Installments" will conclude Novembust.

And then the first week of December will include Lip from Panel de Pon, an Event Match creator, a Wii Sports stage where bowlers and the boxing trainer take turns throwing baseballs and rolling bowling balls at you, a remix of Gusty Garden, and the news that all music Nintendo makes for Wii games in the future will be downloadable to Brawl.

I want to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom