• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
I don't think I could put myself on Brawl blackout if I wanted to. I just don't have the willpower.

I may try to avoid Subspace Emissary spoilers, but even that is iffy.

Jiggy

I ain't not never avoiding anything. >_>

MrCheez said:
Man new stage updates get me so excited. I stare at the screens for a long time imagining what the stage will play like...
What freaks me out is that if there's a Smash Bros. 4 and they have updates like this beforehand, we'll actually be able to figure out kind of what the stages will play like because of SSBB's Stage Builder. :eek:

Scribble

Oh, what is that I see? A Metroid PRIME based feature?

Told you so. That interview only spoke about Corruption assets, and not the Prime series as a whole.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
God, what an awful song to choose.

The level, however kicks ass. And I was hoping we'd have one that rotates.

justchris

MrCheez said:
I dunno... imagine how exciting and epic it would be to be playing and suddenly have a "NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING SCREEN" pop up and having NO IDEA what character you're about to unlock :O Then... BAM... you see them for the very first time and as you fight to unlock them you're also seeing the character's moveset for the first time being used against you.

Would be so awesome .... if any of us are strong enough to avoid reading about everything in the game prior to playing :p

It was exciting in SSB64, when everything was new. Now, I'm more interested in learning the characters and their moves. It's more fun playing them than it is learning they exist when there's no story involved. I am very keenly interested in avoid SSE spoilers though.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Jiggy37 said:
What freaks me out is that if there's a Smash Bros. 4 and they have updates like this beforehand, we'll actually be able to figure out kind of what the stages will play like because of SSBB's Stage Builder. :eek:

Holy crap somehow I forgot all about the stage builder :lol

GOD I NEED THIS GAME

justchris

Oblivion said:
Where the hell is everyone? Shouldn't the thread be flooded with posts by this time?

They have all fallen into hopeless bleak despair due to Novembore, and have left GAF to those who truly Believe.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
A Metroid stage from Prime that doesn't have lava, looks exactly like the place it represents, and Mother music? Hot damn. The first time in weeks I go to bed early we get the best update in months. It may have been mentioned before, but this music doesn't sound like the usual stage music. Seems more appropriate for a Subspace cutscene or something.

nli10

My brawl blackout will be to ignore this thread at the first sign of JP info and just to check the Dojo for 'safe' info.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
OK, the Metroid fanboy in me needs to chime in on the Ridley debate. He's the character I most want to make it in as playable but on the other hand I still want him to have a presence as a boss in Subspace where he's a huge as he is in the Metroid games. I'm torn on the issue. If it were me doing the Subspace story, you would fight a giant Meta-Ridley in a lab setting then after you beat him a smaller, purple Ridley clone would wake up deep in the labs and then you would play as him as he wrecked up the place. I know this will never happen but oh well.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
nli10 said:
My brawl blackout will be to ignore this thread at the first sign of JP info and just to check the Dojo for 'safe' info.
I'll probably attempt this as well. Emphasis on "attempt."

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The only thing I'm going to try to avoid are spoilers of the Subspace story. I want to know the characters, but not the role they play in the story.

Iam Canadian

Okay, I know I asked this earlier, but it got forgotten in the post-update high. So I'll ask it one more time. I know that the Metroid Prime games did poorly in Japan, but how did Hunters did in Japan, considering it was on the juggernaut that is the DS and was, along with Mario Kart, one of the flagship titles for the Nintendo WFC?

Oh, and for the sake of chiming in my own thoughts on Brinstar Depths, I thought that the concept of Kraid interfering with the fight was a good one, but the execution was lacking. I would have preferred (and it would have been more in character for Kraid) for Kraid to just shoot spikes out at the fighters or something. Plus, the actual level design needed an overhaul.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Firestorm said:
Where the fuck is my Chozo Ruins.
I really wnat a chozo ruins stage too.

The new stage looks pretty cool. I was expecting there to be something MP related in brawl; it was too big to ignore.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Jiggy37 said:
Every one of us who's played it yearns for Gusty Garden.
That would be amazing. The gusty garden galaxy music is a good enough reason to want that stage, but I also want it because it was one of the best galaxies in SMG.

KevinCow

Banned
Iam Canadian said:
Okay, I know I asked this earlier, but it got forgotten in the post-update high. So I'll ask it one more time. I know that the Metroid Prime games did poorly in Japan, but how did Hunters did in Japan, considering it was on the juggernaut that is the DS and was, along with Mario Kart, one of the flagship titles for the Nintendo WFC?
Speaking of Hunters, I hope some of the Hunters appear as assist trophies.

Slavik81

Out of curiosity, Retronaughts mentioned Waluigi was a great pun in Japanese. What is it? It better be really freaking awesome to justify the creation of such a terrible character.

Woa, a Galaxy stage would be great; one Planet (maybe several next to each other) and you can walk (and fly) around them (in 2D, like in Yoshi's Island). Getting hit too hard and you'll fly off.

Malfunky

Slavik81 said:
Out of curiosity, Retronaughts mentioned Waluigi was a great pun in Japanese. What is it? It better be really freaking awesome to justify the creation of such a terrible character.

Waluigi is Waruigi in Japanese and "warui" means evil or something.

Capndrake

Malfunky said:
Waluigi is Waruigi in Japanese and "warui" means evil or something.
Ijiwaru means "mean" or "unkind". Switch letters around a bit for Waruiji = Waluigi.

EDIT: This is the original version of today's music by the way (Except the last 5 or so seconds (Of the SSBB version), which is part of the cast credits music)

Anything Metroid related is a win in my book. Glad to see they acknowledged the awesome of the Prime series. Can't wait to hear the music track for that stage.

Gagaman

Capndrake said:
Ijiwaru means "mean" or "unkind". Switch letters around a bit for Waruiji = Waluigi.
Hmm, Waluigi's name doesn't seem so badly thought out now. I literally thought they just got lazy and slapped a 'Wa' on Luigi's name :lol

JCX

Awesome level. Hopefully there is one more organic level from the prime series. On another note, I hope there is another forum-wide ban on brawl spoilers. I want to be surprised when I unlock stuff.

Teasel

Scalpel Knight said:
Let's not get our hopes up for now guys and gals - we still have to get the "Pause" How to Play update.
screensaver update
"Did you forgot the game on and leave it paused? don't worry! we thought of everything and we won't let your screen ruin! when you leave the game alone reggie appears
not-my-problem.bmp

"your screen? my problem!"

anyway this is a really good update,it's been a while (october 31 when they revealed the summit... we did already know of norfair because of the demo) since they revealed a stage we didn't know (we knowed mario kart stage would pop up sooner or later)

Iam Canadian

Thanks for the sales data, Jiggy. Much appreciated.

Kieth Stack said:
A bit early for this, but I predict a new boss fight tonight. We haven't had one since Petey.

Personally, I doubt we'll get anymore boss updates on the Dojo. Boss updates would prove to be rather large spoilers for the Subspace Emissary and I doubt Sakurai wants to ruin the highlights of the story mode by posting them on the Dojo.

However, I kind of think that "Fox's Misfortune" was a kind of stealth boss update, because I'm sure we'll be fighting that Rayquaza.

Good to see some Prime representation. Hopefully Sonic Rush won't be forgotten, especially music-wise (Back 2 Back, Wrapped in Black, Bomber Barbara... so awesome).

Odrion

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Reggie assist trophy, honestly.

But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if just about everything was in this game.

Azuran

Banned
Oh, Metroid Prime representation. I would have love to see Sanctuary Fortress instead but I can't complain seeing how we thought Prime would be completely ignored.

On the other hand, seeing Quadraxis in Brawl would be completely awesome.

Iam Canadian

ohamsie said:
I wonder if the parasite queen spits acid at you. It is kind of tradition to have acid/lava in Metroid levels after all. :lol

It'd be cool if the Parasite Queen launched projectiles at you through gaps in the force-field a la Metroid Prime.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
If I had considered listing Metroid Prime in the "series without representation" list, I'd be able to remove it now.

I didn't, however, what with the whole "Metroid Prime is part of the Metroid series" thing.

TreIII

Holy Order Sol said:
Hopefully Sonic Rush won't be forgotten, especially music-wise (Back 2 Back, Wrapped in Black, Bomber Barbara... so awesome).

Unfortunately, the genius behind Sonic Rush and Jet Set Radio's OSTs, Hideki Naganuma, isn't a part of the music listing for this game.

Frankly, I'm still hoping that they allowed the guys behind God Hand & Killer 7 to really cut loose with some good beats. I loved those games, and it really made my heart skip a beat when they were announced as part of the musician roster of this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom